Covid-19 Insurance cover

khunbillmex

It sort of is in that the levels of cover are in many cases so low as to be useless.

Most people with COVID will not need hospitalization. Those who do, the bill may easily be in the millions. So these maximum 50k - 100k etc policies aren't worth it.

There are a few places offer cover of 1 million or more. For those who do not have other insurance cover, or who have only a travel policy that excludes epidemics, might be worth having.

Some policies are restricted to Thai nationals though.

• Like 1

I think it is a complete scam...

Any health related policy that a 20 year old pays same price as a 99 year old must rings alarm bells..

1 Million life cover for 250 baht??? Hmm... You don't need to be genius to do the maths based on what we know about this virus and it;s mortality rate.

On 3/18/2020 at 10:22 AM, Sheryl said:

It sort of is in that the levels of cover are in many cases so low as to be useless.

Most people with COVID will not need hospitalization. Those who do, the bill may easily be in the millions. So these maximum 50k - 100k etc policies aren't worth it.

There are a few places offer cover of 1 million or more. For those who do not have other insurance cover, or who have only a travel policy that excludes epidemics, might be worth having.

Some policies are restricted to Thai nationals though.

What about this one? https://www.frank.co.th/en/corona-virus-insurance

100,000 for treatments and 1,000,000 for serious illnesses caused by COVID-19 at 850 baht. 

Edited by Tayaout
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Tayaout said:

What about this one? https://www.frank.co.th/en/corona-virus-insurance

100,000 for treatments and 1,000,000 for serious illnesses caused by COVID-19 at 850 baht. 

According to the website:

"How long is the health insurance coverage provide?

Health insurance has a coverage period of 1 year after the given coverage start date. However, there will not cover between waiting period which take at least 1 month after the coverage start date"

So you're screwed if you catch the virus in the next month (at least)?

Edited by edwardandtubs
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, revgreen said:

Dhipaya offers a 1 mil package for 850 thb. Anyone have info on that? I have coverage by AIA through work but it's complete <deleted>.

I have just bought this package for my gf via AA Insure - the brokers.

They have 2 levels - 500k for 450 baht and 1m baht for 850 baht.

basic details here -

200228203836_Coverage_and_condition_Coronavirus_Eng.pdf

17 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Not the exclusion of persons with any type of pre-exisitng health condition

That would explain the low price but it fits my profile. I will take the time to read the fineprints. 

Haha I am concerned with what if you bought 2 Dhipaya insurance from krungthai and frank company. That means I have 2 policies. Now, I wonder if that makes sense or whether they honor 2 policies. I probably should have thought before buying... but it did not occur to me what it might have complications. Please advice. 

2 hours ago, patikong said:

Haha I am concerned with what if you bought 2 Dhipaya insurance from krungthai and frank company. That means I have 2 policies. Now, I wonder if that makes sense or whether they honor 2 policies. I probably should have thought before buying... but it did not occur to me what it might have complications. Please advice. 

Most likely a problem when claiming, ask one of them if you can buy insurance with another company. The thing is it's not easy to get a factual answer out of them

• 2 months later...