Lucky we live in Chiang Rai!

villagefarang

27 minutes ago, bangkokequity said:

True Story:  Just the other day I told a friend, "If they offered me free rent ... I would not live In Chiang Rai / Chiang Mai.  You need to check the air quality In Bangkok .. especially near the river.  Better than most larger cities around the world, and lot of small ones too!  You enjoy being prisoner to some of the worst air on the planet.  By the way, did you know we go for walks here in Bangkok too?  Difference being, there are so many places to go!  LOVE BKK

That's cool, I lived in Bangkok for 30 years and still enjoy brief visits.  

We actually do a great deal of walking when we are there, getting to train stations and walking around shopping malls but there is a shortage of mountains and natural landscapes, free of people.  Our Bangkok friends do seem to be struggling with the present situation more than we are here in the North.  Our friends back in Hawaii seem to be living on another planet.  

I don't love the air quality this time of year but it does fluctuate during the day so if you pick your times you can still enjoy a bit of nature.????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Logosone said:

I heard good things about Chiang Rai, but there's no hoarding going on in the city of Chiang Mai either, I saw a single empty shelf at Big C. Everything else fully stocked. 

Same at Central Food Hall.

Not sure about Bangkok or Pattaya, but maybe the north has cooler customers.

Got some great Aussie Sirloin yesterday, 640 a kilo from Big C Pattaya, actually munching on it now.

All good in Patts, cheers for the concern.

• Like 1

Just now, sungod said:

Got some great Aussie Sirloin yesterday, 640 a kilo from Big C Pattaya, actually munching on it now.

All good in Patts, cheers for the concern.

yes .... i just polished off 2 Canadian rock lobsters that we get in every month. 

all good in BKK 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, villagefarang said:

That's cool, I lived in Bangkok for 30 years and still enjoy brief visits.  

We actually do a great deal of walking when we are there, getting to train stations and walking around shopping malls but there is a shortage of mountains and natural landscapes, free of people.  Our Bangkok friends do seem to be struggling with the present situation more than we are here in the North.  Our friends back in Hawaii seem to be living on another planet.  

I don't love the air quality this time of year but it does fluctuate during the day so if you pick your times you can still enjoy a bit of nature.????

The air up there is worse than the worst sections of China Manufacturing centers! 

In a moment of irony, I am going for a walk right now!  Are you?

ppm.JPG

8 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Because VF is superior. You not know that?

amazing house, beautiful wife, euro car, fitness, success, smart etc

Yinn also superior person. 

Happy same VF

I really don't know how to respond to that.????

(Don't tell anyone but I sold the euro car and bought a CX-8.  SUVs are better suited to the mountain roads I love to drive and our lifestyle.)

7 hours ago, HuskerDo said:

I'm curious why, if life is so exciting and grand for you (or anyone) in Thailand that you bother to post what a great life you have instead of simply enjoying it.

Because he gets a lot more reads on here than on his website.

Edited by SkyFax
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, frodo77 said:

My only concern right now is I have to visit BKK in April to get my proof of income letter from my Embassy. With this virus panic, I hope that can still be done. Otherwise I would stay here.

Is it required in the present circumstances to travel to BKK to get your embassy-issued proof of income letter.  Most probably in these times, your embassy would be quite willing to send it to your by mail instead of you going over there.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, frodo77 said:

I live in Mae Lao and love it. Please keep posting VF. My only concern right now is I have to visit BKK in April to get my proof of income letter from my Embassy. With this virus panic, I hope that can still be done. Otherwise I would stay here. I look into Thaivisa to keep up with the latest visa news etc, but really dislike the over abundance of ads. Its become a commercial site now.

Thanks for the vote of support.  I don't see any adds but the site does jump up and down which makes it difficult to read at times and sometimes leads to clicking a wrong button.

14 hours ago, Lacessit said:

You're close. It's sai ua. There's a shop near the gold clock tower in Chiang Rai which specializes in it, Thais drive up from Bangkok to load up with 5 - 10 kilos. Keeps very well, no bacteria can live in it. I usually have it with salad, sweet chili sauce, and a beer.

Are these the same sausages we can buy at the start of the four-lane road (n * 11) just after Den Chai on the way to Uttaradit.
There is a very large market where there is a lot of wooden furniture and also sausage sellers from Chiang Mai.
I love them and every time we come back home we stop there to buy a few kg

• Like 1

On 3/18/2020 at 11:16 AM, thequietman said:

Yes, and if you happen to be residing in an actual retirement home, then you are posting in a home, which you call your home, posting about being at home, when you are in fact, in a residential home and not your actual, real home. ????

Home is where your heart's at. 

On 3/18/2020 at 2:31 PM, Yinn said:

Because VF is superior. You not know that?

amazing house, beautiful wife, euro car, fitness, success, smart etc

Yinn also superior person. 

Happy same VF

As trolls go you are Olympic standard - that said it is a low bar here !

You are like the Ravens at the Tower of London - if you go TVF falls. We are in the end times. Don't go !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/18/2020 at 6:32 PM, Nyezhov said:

Wile his lungs solidify with PM 25...O yes Muffy, the pollution rahlly wasnt bahd today, I could see out the window 2 meters....

I think we have the same window cleaner.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, sceadugenga said:

I have my scheduled tests at the Overbrook next month, not sure how that is going to work out.

I would guess you will need to postpone your tests for another month or two.  We pushed the MIL's test date and I have a dental appointment I won't be making next week.  Anything short of an emergency we are putting off to a later date.

Our golden retriever is getting old and has some health issues so our walks are pretty much restricted to the front yard, when we used to do more than 4 km per day.  I would love a moderately unhealthy day so we could hike to the dam again.  These hazardous days are too much, even for me.  It has been more than a week since we have been on a long hike.

• Like 2

I've decided to ring the hospital a few days before the appointment and be guided by them.

The actual tests are quick but there's a couple of hours wait for results and consultation during which we normally go for lunch but I suppose we'll need to take sandwiches this time. :thumbsup:

• Like 2