Lucky we live in Chiang Rai!

villagefarang

9 minutes ago, villagefarang said:

@Odysseus123I last heard from Geronimo on March 24.  He sounded in good spirits.  I like his positive vibe.

Thank you-as do I.

I also like the way you fight your corner even tho' we have clashed on occassion..but I know when to give credit where it is due.

(Perhaps "fight" is the wrong word..????)

Edited by Odysseus123
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

If you got forum/members and enter the name/ click that and go to his profile, you can see he as last on the forum 23hrs ago . ????

Well...blow me down..I have never done that!

I just wait for a poster to pop up!

...you may have ruined my life...????

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Well...blow me down..I have never done that!

I just wait for a poster to pop up!

...you may have ruined my life...????

Just for info, if you happen to be reading a post, hover your mouse over the posters name/avatar and you can see when they last visited and if they are online and exactly where on the forum they are right now.......all in a Mods day....55555

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Thank you-as do I.

I also like the way you fight your corner even tho' we have clashed on occassion..but I know when to give credit where it is due.

(Perhaps "fight" is the wrong word..????)

I don't want to pile on after Charlie's assault but whatever you think has transpired between us, it wasn't enough to even register on my radar.????  Then again I have experienced some truly memorable individuals over the years.????

Edited by villagefarang
  • Like 1

Getting back on topic, this is all starting to feel pretty normal.  We make adjustments, find things to do and settle into new routines.  Things we thought necessary can sometimes fade from focus as we find we can survive without them.

A healthy body and healthy relationships take on a new importance.  There is something to be said for old fashion ideals like love and companionship.  A bit of land and a comfortable place to lay your head far from the crowded cities really feels special these days.????

• Like 1

Conditions are not perfect but they are good enough that my wife is lobbying for another hike today.  For me the benefits of a couple hours out on the trails outweigh the discomfort of heat and elevated pm2.5.  An unexpected benefit of this social isolation has been the loss of 3 kg so far.  That has me back to my pre-holiday weight after all the social eating which goes on during that time of year.

25 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Where does the pollution in Chang Rai come from?

It is a complicated subject and this is probably not the right place to cover it but I can give you my take on it.  There are several sources of pollution in Thailand including transportation, industrial, power generation, corporate sponsored agriculture like corn and sugar, burning of rice fields and the waste from fruit orchards after pruning, and then there are the forest fires which are purposely started for various reasons like mushrooms or clearing land for more crops.  Recently it has been the forrest fires which have been the most problematic in my area.

Fortunately there has been a much more vocal outcry on Thai social media this year which over time I believe will bring results.  

Edited by villagefarang
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, sceadugenga said:

Just a heads up that the Overbrook hospital seems to be operating normally, they rang me yesterday to make sure I was keeping my weekend appointment.

Sounded like people have been keeping away.

We are still putting off all hospital visits for the time being.

On 3/30/2020 at 9:41 AM, giddyup said:

Sorry, but having to make all those adjustments to live somewhere doesn't sound like much of a life to me, but to each their own.

I can still play golf here, and get a one hour massage in the village for 100 baht. Not many other places one can do that in Thailand at this point in time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, sceadugenga said:

Just a heads up that the Overbrook hospital seems to be operating normally, they rang me yesterday to make sure I was keeping my weekend appointment.

Sounded like people have been keeping away.

Do you know if the dental clinic is operating?

As long as I can get out in nature occasionally I don't find this lockdown stuff stressful at all.  Bumped into a friend at Tops the other day and he asked if I was getting bored yet.  I only paused for a second before telling him I was quite content and doing fine.

Some things are pretty normal, like today the air conditioning guys came to do a thorough cleaning of two of our a/c units and inspected the other two for a total cost of 900 baht.  With the temperatures we have had recently I wanted to make sure they were in peak condition.