Jump to content
Thai Visa Forum

Koh Samui: Bouncer opens fire on men after warning about bringing in drinks from outside


Recommended Posts

51 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

 

I remember this movie back in 1977 on the big screen, I was never really into drugs but a mate insisted I drop a half moon (trip) back then about 15 minutes before the movie in the car park.

 

I swear to you, we were in the movie.....lol

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now thats a party club! Remind me to go there.

Bouncers used to keep order with their fists,where I come from, here they resort to guns,the wild east. regards Worgeordie  

hard to figure how these people think    bad enough that we have bouncers in pubs/clubs with guns    welcome to the family resort of Koh Samui Thailand 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, YetAnother said:

this guy has likely been dreaming of an opportunity  such as this for years

Come on guys, do not go down to the level of drunks that do not want to pay for their drinks but force entry into clubs. 
as for the guard, he probably knew who he was dealing with and in his perspective reacted proportionally.
As for @YetAnother I know many people but none that have sick phantasies like you.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Bouncers used to keep order with their fists,where I come from,

here they resort to guns,the wild east.

regards Worgeordie

 

In my 15+ years on doors in Australia I’ve been attacked with chairs, bollards, bottles and a machete. I was once hit by a car driven up the footpath by one especially belligerent ejected patron 555 fun times 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

In most "civilised" countries there are rules for bouncers. In the UK for instance:

 

Bouncers are legally allowed to do the following:

  • Issue verbal warnings
  • Ask you to leave
  • Check for ID
  • Refuse entry if you're too intoxicated, fail to comply with establishment policies, or engage in aggressive behaviour
  • Call the police
  • Protect innocent bystanders from violence
  • Break up fights they are not involved in
  • Respond with equal force if necessary

What are they trained to do?

Most bouncers are trained to resolve tense situations through verbal communication instead of physical force.

Their presence alone can be enough to deter patrons from aggressive behaviour.

 

What are bouncers not allowed to do?

Bouncers can't use force unless they are first threatened with physical harm.

So, unless they are physically threatened, they can't do the following:

  • Hit someone
  • Push or physically throw you out of somewhere
  • Restrain you in a chokehold (or in another way)

I guess the old saying "This is Thailand, we are different" applies here. Notice they are not allowed firearms.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, curious297 said:

In most "civilised" countries there are rules for bouncers. In the UK for instance:

And in civilized countries you resort to police to enforce domestic authority.

Here it's all self-administered justice.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

I remember this movie back in 1977 on the big screen, I was never really into drugs but a mate insisted I drop a half moon (trip) back then about 15 minutes before the movie in the car park.

 

I swear to you, we were in the movie.....lol

I remember triple feature. All three Star Wars movies after each other on the big screen with great sound.

What a joy - even without drugs.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, curious297 said:

In most "civilised" countries there are rules for bouncers. In the UK for instance:

 

Bouncers are legally allowed to do the following:

  • Issue verbal warnings
  • Ask you to leave
  • Check for ID
  • Refuse entry if you're too intoxicated, fail to comply with establishment policies, or engage in aggressive behaviour
  • Call the police
  • Protect innocent bystanders from violence
  • Break up fights they are not involved in
  • Respond with equal force if necessary

What are they trained to do?

Most bouncers are trained to resolve tense situations through verbal communication instead of physical force.

Their presence alone can be enough to deter patrons from aggressive behaviour.

 

What are bouncers not allowed to do?

Bouncers can't use force unless they are first threatened with physical harm.

So, unless they are physically threatened, they can't do the following:

  • Hit someone
  • Push or physically throw you out of somewhere
  • Restrain you in a chokehold (or in another way)

I guess the old saying "This is Thailand, we are different" applies here. Notice they are not allowed firearms.

 

I don’t understand why you’re trying to compare though?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

It's time to bring in all the retired Special Forces from the US and UK.

 

 

 

       

 

   

I can't speak for the US but the very few genuine UK Special Forces guys wouldn't be really interested.

 

There used to be quite a few barstool SF warriors but now that Thailand is closing the bars they may be hard to find. How they would get around the work permit problem I have no idea.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I can't speak for the US but the very few genuine UK Special Forces guys wouldn't be really interested.

 

There used to be quite a few barstool SF warriors but now that Thailand is closing the bars they may be hard to find. How they would get around the work permit problem I have no idea.

They couldn’t afford to pay 30 to 50,000 baht a day as that would be the going rate for retired Special Forces.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  2 hours ago, curious297 said:

In most "civilised" countries there are rules for bouncers. In the UK for instance:

 

Bouncers are legally allowed to do the following:

  • Issue verbal warnings
  • Ask you to leave
  • Check for ID
  • Refuse entry if you're too intoxicated, fail to comply with establishment policies, or engage in aggressive behaviour
  • Call the police
  • Protect innocent bystanders from violence
  • Break up fights they are not involved in
  • Respond with equal force if necessary

What are they trained to do?

Most bouncers are trained to resolve tense situations through verbal communication instead of physical force.

Their presence alone can be enough to deter patrons from aggressive behaviour.

 

What are bouncers not allowed to do?

Bouncers can't use force unless they are first threatened with physical harm.

So, unless they are physically threatened, they can't do the following:

  • Hit someone
  • Push or physically throw you out of somewhere
  • Restrain you in a chokehold (or in another way)

I guess the old saying "This is Thailand, we are different" applies here. Notice they are not allowed firearms.

 

I don’t understand why you’re trying to compare though?

 

My thoughts are whether Thai bouncers have any formal training if any, are there any rules of conduct and what about personal firearms? I was giving an example of the rules of conduct in the UK. I'm sure may countries have the same however, I have yet to find anything similar listed in Thailand.  Is it wrong to compare?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Bouncers used to keep order with their fists,where I come from,

here they resort to guns,the wild east.

regards Worgeordie

 

No ... real bouncers used to keep order by talking down potential situations. Fists were only resorted to if they were used by the opposing party. I know I was one for years.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MadMuhammad said:

In my 15+ years on doors in Australia I’ve been attacked with chairs, bollards, bottles and a machete. I was once hit by a car driven up the footpath by one especially belligerent ejected patron 555 fun times 

sounds like an interesting activity, before I stayed in a place where usually at least three bouncers defended the door, and they looked like special forces so very few tried to mess with them.
Difficult question, if you don't want to comment fair enough:
when you were doing your job and would, without warning (so you cannot do your recitals warning that you are armed and will shoot if necessary), be attacked by a group of whom you know at least one is carrying, and see one of that group is pulling a weapon, if you decide to fire first (shoot before being shot), would that be deemed self-defence or assault ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

It's time to bring in all the retired Special Forces from the US and UK.

 

I was on the balcony at the Iranian embassy. We where going to have our reunion in the Royal Albert Hall in a couple of weeks but Boris cancelled it.

 

       

 

   

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, curious297 said:
  2 hours ago, curious297 said:

In most "civilised" countries there are rules for bouncers. In the UK for instance:

 

Bouncers are legally allowed to do the following:

  • Issue verbal warnings
  • Ask you to leave
  • Check for ID
  • Refuse entry if you're too intoxicated, fail to comply with establishment policies, or engage in aggressive behaviour
  • Call the police
  • Protect innocent bystanders from violence
  • Break up fights they are not involved in
  • Respond with equal force if necessary

What are they trained to do?

Most bouncers are trained to resolve tense situations through verbal communication instead of physical force.

Their presence alone can be enough to deter patrons from aggressive behaviour.

 

What are bouncers not allowed to do?

Bouncers can't use force unless they are first threatened with physical harm.

So, unless they are physically threatened, they can't do the following:

  • Hit someone
  • Push or physically throw you out of somewhere
  • Restrain you in a chokehold (or in another way)

I guess the old saying "This is Thailand, we are different" applies here. Notice they are not allowed firearms.

 

I don’t understand why you’re trying to compare though?

 

My thoughts are whether Thai bouncers have any formal training if any, are there any rules of conduct and what about personal firearms? I was giving an example of the rules of conduct in the UK. I'm sure may countries have the same however, I have yet to find anything similar listed in Thailand.  Is it wrong to compare?

I just don’t understand what you’re not understanding. What they do in other countries is irrelevant. This is Thailand. Period.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KKr said:

sounds like an interesting activity, before I stayed in a place where usually at least three bouncers defended the door, and they looked like special forces so very few tried to mess with them.
Difficult question, if you don't want to comment fair enough:
when you were doing your job and would, without warning (so you cannot do your recitals warning that you are armed and will shoot if necessary), be attacked by a group of whom you know at least one is carrying, and see one of that group is pulling a weapon, if you decide to fire first (shoot before being shot), would that be deemed self-defence or assault ?

I was never armed further than an extendable baton and handcuffs.

In my situation we always fell back on 462a of the crimes act (Victoria, Australia): 

 

Use of force to prevent the commission of an indictable offence

A person may use such force not disproportionate to the objective as he believes on reasonable grounds to be necessary to prevent the commission, continuance or completion of an indictable offence or to effect or assist in effecting the lawful arrest of a person committing or suspected of committing any offence.

 

So basically in the matter of your question if you believe an assailant is reasonably attempting to end your life you will be protected by the law if you end theirs. 
Obviously there are a huge amount of variables in that situation, in fact any such situation armed or not, but if you know the law, can explain your actions and preferably have it corroborated by either video or witnesses It would be considered self defence IMO

 

edit: this is a very simplified answer to a complex event 

Edited by MadMuhammad
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MadMuhammad said:

I was never armed further than an extendable baton and handcuffs.

In my situation we always fell back on 462a of the crimes act (Victoria, Australia): 

 

Use of force to prevent the commission of an indictable offence

A person may use such force not disproportionate to the objective as he believes on reasonable grounds to be necessary to prevent the commission, continuance or completion of an indictable offence or to effect or assist in effecting the lawful arrest of a person committing or suspected of committing any offence.

 

So basically in the matter of your question if you believe an assailant is reasonably attempting to end your life you will be protected by the law if you end theirs. 
Obviously there are a huge amount of variables in that situation, in fact any such situation armed or not, but if you know the law, can explain your actions and preferably have it corroborated by either video or witnesses It would be considered self defence IMO

 

edit: this is a very simplified answer to a complex event 

your opinion sounds reasonable, appreciate your answering this question, indeed too many variables unknown in this case, but always a difficult decision to make.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, KKr said:

your opinion sounds reasonable, appreciate your answering this question, indeed too many variables unknown in this case, but always a difficult decision to make.

Absolutely. In all situations I was involved in my safety and that of the people around me was paramount at all times. I would always choose acting over hesitation and deal with the consequences later. I was never convicted of any assault even though I was investigated more times than I can count, faced court a couple times with no conviction or admittance of guilt. 
 

And my pleasure 👍🏼

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...