Chiang Mai shutters bars, cinemas

webfact

Chiang Mai shutters bars, cinemas

By THE NATION

800_67bf927aabd704f.jpg?v=1584602029

Chiang Mai province, with two previouly confirmed case of Covid-19 infection and 374 suspected victims, will keep most public places closed throughout this month, Governor Charoenrit Sanguansat announced on Wednesday (March 18).

He has ordered barriers up and lights out at all walking streets, entertainment venues, massage parlours and spas, karaoke bars, gaming centres, fitness clubs, cinemas and theatres and the children’s zone of department stores.

Also closed until the virus situation is resolved are racecourses and boxing and cockfight stadiums.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30384415

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-03-19
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Not good for the city and the people though.  Many cannot now earn money and those living hand to mouth will find it hard to cope. It will also affect the noodle stands and street hawkers. It is one things being pleased that the bars and massage parlours are closed but it means plenty of families with young children will be going hungry tonight. 

I am also glad...but you are confused.

No one wants to see anyone without money or food, but in order to "flatten the curve" the virus needs to be controlled and not spread further.

A good education on how that worked is to study how South Korea handled it...instead of following the early days of Italy...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

Just ben down Loi Kroh and its in full effect

Bars and massage parlous all closed

Now what were you doing there? I thought the whole bar scene disgusted you, from your previous posts. Could it be you like a walk on the wild side?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Now what were you doing there? I thought the whole bar scene disgusted you, from your previous posts. Could it be you like a walk on the wild side?

No,  I have never stated that it disgusts me 

In that department, I've had quite a depraved time recently 

Not that I would ever tell anyone , but no one would believe me anyway

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

Just ben down Loi Kroh and its in full effect

Bars and massage parlous all closed

I certainly don't wish to 'ben down' around Koi Kroh or any sleazy area thanks very much!

????????

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

No,  I have never stated that it disgusts me 

In that department, I've had quite a depraved time recently 

Not that I would ever tell anyone , but no one would believe me anyway

Pardon me for thinking you have changed your tune.

• It's very, very simple for us farangs to buy food for Thais, give them money while they are eating....and help them survive if you feel guilty.  I've given away maybe items worth 100,000 baht and lots of cash.....and maybe we were put on this Earth to help the less fortunate.  you can pick and choose how and who and whatever..... but since 99% do nothing, well, if you have some disposable income then now might be the time. 20 baht is great.  

9 minutes ago, Ventenio said:
  • It's very, very simple for us farangs to buy food for Thais, give them money while they are eating....and help them survive if you feel guilty.  I've given away maybe items worth 100,000 baht and lots of cash.....and maybe we were put on this Earth to help the less fortunate.  you can pick and choose how and who and whatever..... but since 99% do nothing, well, if you have some disposable income then now might be the time. 20 baht is great.  

Matthew 6.1-4

And I don’t even need to be religious to know that one.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Any details on the 374 suspected victims?

Exactly!! how long does it take to get a test result for the 374....., no doubt the real figures are being monitored and slowly staggered in their release.

I honestly think Prayut is well aware of the actual numbers nationwide and that is why he looks so gaunt exhausted and stressed, tough being in charge at a time of real crisis...... probably the last military c@@p he will volunteer to be involved with.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sapson said:

Exactly!! how long does it take to get a test result for the 374....., no doubt the real figures are being monitored and slowly staggered in their release.

I honestly think Prayut is well aware of the actual numbers nationwide and that is why he looks so gaunt exhausted and stressed, tough being in charge at a time of real crisis...... probably the last military c@@p he will volunteer to be involved with.

The mosque gathering in Malaysia by the Muslims in South Thailand might have increased the numbers and the government is trying to confirm the cases. 

Malaysia is now struggling with the numbers at 900 cases due mainly to the mosque gathering.

Edited by EricTh

5 minutes ago, EricTh said:

The mosque gathering in Malaysia by the Muslims in South Thailand might have increased the numbers and the government is trying to confirm the cases. 

Malaysia is now struggling with the numbers at 900 cases due mainly to the mosque gathering.

Allah is evidently impartial when it comes to stupidity.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, dunroaming said:

Many cannot now earn money and those living hand to mouth will find it hard to cope

I agree with your sentiment, but on the flip-side, those people cannot afford to get sick and pay for treatment either.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, this could of should have been handled better a couple of months ago!

But now it's here to stay... they didn't deal with it then, so they have the consequences now!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/19/2020 at 8:12 PM, CNXexpat said:

Not only Allah as you can see at the comment above about the temple party. 

Ain't religion wonderful. The bible thumpers in America are also ignoring warnings by having their flocks congregate in close quarters. Hey, does god have a plan? Maybe to rid the world of these religious zealots who cause all the problems? Amen.