Get your electricity deposit back

snoop1130

Is this the deposit for the meter? Are they going to refund it? If so, i need ot inform my GF to get her deposit back for the house she bought three weeks ago and the condo she bought 15-years ago.

Edited by Mulambana
  • Like 1

The original deposit is for the hookup service which includes deposit for the meter itself.  The average cost (according to the story above..) is about 1,500 Baht ("23 million users who are eligible to recoup their deposits  -   more than Bt33 billion will be returned".

Ours ranged from 3200 to 12,000 Baht - we were told the amount of the deposit depends on the distance from the main to the meter and the capacity of the meter itself (2 or 3 phase/5, 10, 15 amp or more).

• Like 1

I can see there being many disappointed people here. Deposit on meters is usually 2,000, when buying a property, it costs 2,000 to change the name as that original deposit is returned to the previous owner, because of this many people don't bother changing the name...no I'd card, no refund

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, baansgr said:

it costs 2,000 to change the name as that original deposit is returned to the previous owner,

Seems to depend on what kind of supply - mine is/was 6000 baht.

Has been threads on this before.

2 x Meters at 2 separate locations puts a smile on my face.  Now,  if Prayut wants my complete love and adulation he needs to put a package together to help my Mango farming wife.  100.000 baht would help makeup for the loss this year. 

• Haha 1

Can anyone tell me what this is all about? Stuffed in the letter box by the meter reader.  Everyone in the village got one.

Thanks in advance.

Electric.jpg

Edited by phetchy

On 3/21/2020 at 12:13 PM, phetchy said:

Can anyone tell me what this is all about? Stuffed in the letter box by the meter reader.  Everyone in the village got one.

Thanks in advance.

Electric.jpg

Apparently there are some people in you village who are stealing electric,people do not have a meter.If you have a meter you should be ok.

• Thanks 1

Went to the provincial electric company today to ask if foreigners also

can get their refund back.Guess what?We can!!!Since i paid 5000 baht deposit

for the meter i applied for getting it back.Easy?

Depends who you bank with.They told me they can not send the money to me using my own bank.(yellow bank,Ayuthaya)

Can not!!I had to open an account with the bank they deal with so i went and opened an account at KrungThai bank.

Not a real problem doing so but it took a long while and by the time i

made it back to the electric company the people i had talked to before had all left.

It is going to take another trip to sort this out,maybe tomorrow if we are still allowed on the road?

There maybe a spanner in the works.  The wife is reading a Thai language story about the deposit and the catch is after you get the refund you are responsible for any repairs to the meter.  As I  don't read Thai I cannot confirm that.

On 3/19/2020 at 6:35 PM, Assurancetourix said:

Do you own a big factory?
Because my wife just told me that ours is around 300 baht

My wife just said the same thing our meter is 5 amp we should get 300 baht back, I have herd  of 700 baht .

But, it will be paid in to BAAC ,Bank of Agriculture and Agricultural  Co-op's ,(Tor-Kor-Sor), as that is in the wife's name I will not see any of it.