Pattaya: Dozens of foreigners flouting virus regulations getting drunk in a bar - owners arrested

snoop1130

2 minutes ago, JimLuce said:

Well YouTube isn’t officially publishing it in the news. YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter is just the world we live in today. But when you’re a journalist publishing an article it’s still proper edict to black out the faces of pictures of people in places like bars. 

Regardless, it's a really good photo, capturing the sad reality of Pattaya...there is a lot of stories in that photo...

4 hours ago, Matzzon said:

No, I wont! Only the ones that can´t accept they are in another country and another culture. Like people that don´t understand that their values, way of thinking and way to deal with things don´t mean sh*t. That´s already too much. If I would concentrate on all, then It would take up too much time. 

blah blah blah.  But your views and opinions trump those of everybody else. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, gk10002000 said:

blah blah blah.  But your views and opinions trump those of everybody else. 

I am pretty sure, you are lying you teeth of. But, I thank you anyway! :cheesy: Just see to that you still have the last wisdom teeths left to make it easy for the dentist.

58 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Pattaya is very quiet, has an eerie feeling about it, taxi guys waiting for their last fares. Just did an 8km walk, won't be long before the dogs become dangerous and we become food

When I think of quite streets because of the virus the very first sort of creepy guitar rift comes to mind from Metallica’s Death Magnetic album which is ironically about death and the apocalypse. When the first song comes on and you hear that slow creepy bass guitar rift that one. 

Edited by JimLuce

2 hours ago, JimLuce said:

That’s actually key right there the 1-14 day incubation period is why it’s scaring the hell out of everyone because you could be contagious BEFORE you know you’re sick. 

At present this table is a bit misleading because; for example, we don't know what the total number of cases will be in the end for Covid 19 but we do know some yearly totals of flu, which is in the millions. So the 0.1% millions fatality rate of flu might turn out to be larger than the 1-3.4% from Covid 19. We will have to wait and see.

36 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

I am pretty sure, you are lying you teeth of. But, I thank you anyway! :cheesy: Just see to that you still have the last wisdom teeths left to make it easy for the dentist.

Thanks for reminding me.. have a dentist appointment at 13:30 to replace a filling that’s fallen out.. never used a Pattaya dentist before. I’m staying on LK Metro.. it’s a ghost town. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Finspin said:

Thanks for reminding me.. have a dentist appointment at 13:30 to replace a filling that’s fallen out.. never used a Pattaya dentist before. I’m staying on LK Metro.. it’s a ghost town. 

:cheesy::cheesy: Good Luck! Yeah, I guess it doesn´t matter when you come. The dentist will be able to take you all day. Probably his only customer today. ???? 

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Pattaya is very quiet, has an eerie feeling about it, taxi guys waiting for their last fares. Just did an 8km walk, won't be long before the dogs become dangerous and we become food

Yep, if the virus doesn´t get you. Throw in the last dime for rabies! 

On 3/19/2020 at 9:05 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

And meanwhile in my BKK neighborhood, the same exact kind of places are operating and open just fine...

And the few tourists that I see around, mostly western now, are sitting around outside at bars and restaurant-bars eating and drinking table to table, just like nothing bad was happening anywhere.

Well, at least for Bangkok. That was then, and this is now!!!

Given the BMA's closures order issued today, I don't expect to see any/many bars or restaurants open for on-site/sit-down service starting tomorrow and for the ensuing weeks...

If I were a tourist, I'd be running for home right about now and out of BKK, if I could find any airline that would deliver me.

6 minutes ago, oneorenone said:

Looks like they were all responsibly drinking, social distancing.. I don't understand why the owners were arrested?  I see many bars open last night in Jomtien.. Were they allowed because they were restaurant/bars?

It was not made very clear on who should do what here where I live all the bars where closed but then you had restaurants serving alcohol that were busy and it looked like no food was getting served over the last couple of days the police came round and stopped them serving alcohol or else you lose your license

Last night I see a little mini mart doing a roaring trade with farang

On 3/20/2020 at 10:14 AM, RedPill said:

They have been asked 'nicely' to refrain from going to the bars for a moment. 

If they don't do it ... you will have military on the street in 3 weeks and they will tell you in a different way.

Still anyone here who wants to argue that going to the bars, socialize and drink is the same as going to Tesco's?

It was only a matter of time that we see military on the road ... we will soon now.

Amazing. One week ago, this was the arguing point to go to ... and today, not even one answer. Very good!

I'm happy to see that. 

Stay safe everybody. Have enough cash in the house, social distancing ... all that counts. Switch your brains on and keep them switched on.