Pattaya: Dozens of foreigners flouting virus regulations getting drunk in a bar - owners arrested

snoop1130

10 hours ago, Number 6 said:

We as Thai expats are extremely self centered but there's a certain pathology to the Pattaya Jomtien expat. It never sat well with me.

Are we? For the uninitiated pray provide some clarity to exactly what you mean by your "certain pathology" comment?

9 hours ago, Chrysaora said:

Good news, the chubby wubby Thai woman was at least wearing a surgical mask!

And it looks as if both cops are wearing masks.  

Message to Dumb F87$&$&k people, now is not the time to get pinched and tossed in jail for a few hours.  

Just saying ....????

even a few minutes in the Pataya paddy Wagon at the moment would be a bit risky.

11 minutes ago, iamariva1957 said:

Calm down. The panic is world wide... though you do not mention the word... you do sound as if you are leaning in that direction. Panic never helps. As for your last line... yes thailand should clean up it own act. As for us farangs... well... behave better sure. Understand the culture her better... sure. Follow the rules... okay.  But to keep quiet... on TV never happens...5555

More great tries to get around the subject. It´s sad to see that you do the best to put the blame on Thais even when there is foreigners this thread regards. It´s even more sad that you do your best to defend the people that break the rules and at the end as a result endanger the life of innocent people.

About cleaning up their own act. This is their country, not yours. You are a guest, and should think much more about how you are looked at as a foreigner in their country.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

20 minutes ago, Borzandy said:

Agree, they go drinking in an open restaurant.

I guess that is you way of being sarcastic. Okey, if irresponsible people break the rules by holding open, does that mean the people that normally complain over those also have engage in a wrongful act?

Thank you for defending irresponsible people that as a result down the life risk the life and wellbeing of other innocent people.

I've got a small bar/restaurant and said to the mrs last night.lets close up before we are forced to close because we will be forced to close very soon....the look of fear on her face as it sunk in the virus has hit home and she's going to lose money.anyway she got her way and I'm sitting it out at home.

27 minutes ago, baansgr said:

how are foreigners supposed to know...

Seriously?  Ever read the news and keep up on current information?

But, maybe these drinkers do not as they are always too inebriated and clueless too reality.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Wiggy said:

I haven’t seen any of these scenes. Sounds horrific. Could you point me to your source, please? Thanks. 

While nowhere as bad as in your quote there is a distressing report on the UK's Sky News at the moment from a hospital in Bergamo, Lombardy, Italy. 

Edited by jacko45k

It's a shame these "Farangs" weren't arrested & jailed/fined as they are flouting the laws laid down by Thailand in this period of global crisis to keep us all safe. We all need to comply & obey the laws, not ignore them! We are all guests here & should behave as such, not ignore the rules, but set an example for others to follow. Thai's do their own thing & have every right to do so, but make no mistake they notice everything the "Farang" does here. These acts of denial are shameful. We all get "tarred with the same brush" & these "Farangs" are doing no one any favors, especially long stay retirees & expats. Their complete lack of reason & ignorance of the fact that this COHIV19 is a global threat to humanity is beyond my comprehension. Their behaviour really labels them as undesirables, they should be given stern warnings by immigration, & only once, that further breaches of the law will revoke their visas & initiate deportation asap ....... there is no excuse for this type of behaviour. Those responsible should hang their heads in shame ..... fact.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, PatOngo said:

Can't for the life of me think what nationality they might be! ????

Yes, I have always wondered why they not employ you on a consultation basis. Then all the headlines would be to your standard.

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

More great tries to get around the subject. It´s sad to see that you do the best to put the blame on Thais even when there is foreigners this thread regards. It´s even more sad that you do your best to defend the people that break the rules and at the end as a result endanger the life of innocent people.

About cleaning up their own act. This is their country, not yours. You are a guest, and should think much more about how you are looked at as a foreigner in their country.

4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

with a 43% death rate heading this way falang are being reckless

The end is nigh, we are doomed . 

Drink and be merry,  in a restaurant , keep it legal ..

Cheap Charlie's  repent now , spend...

Edited by elliss
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Daveyh said:

It's a shame these "Farangs" weren't arrested & jailed/fined as they are flouting the laws laid down by Thailand in this period of global crisis to keep us all safe. We all need to comply & obey the laws, not ignore them! We are all guests here & should behave as such, not ignore the rules, but set an example for others to follow. Thai's do their own thing & have every right to do so, but make no mistake they notice everything the "Farang" does here. These acts of denial are shameful. We all get "tarred with the same brush" & these "Farangs" are doing no one any favors, especially long stay retirees & expats. Their complete lack of reason & ignorance of the fact that this COHIV19 is a global threat to humanity is beyond my comprehension. Their behaviour really labels them as undesirables, they should be given stern warnings by immigration, & only once, that further breaches of the law will revoke their visas & initiate deportation asap ....... there is no excuse for this type of behaviour. Those responsible should hang their heads in shame ..... fact.

So was it a legal restaurant selling alcohol or illegal bar selling alcohol? Possibly depends on the bribe offered to the police. 

No country for drunk dirty old men with tattoos? Hicks. 

The report was written by somebody who must have been drunk and/or on drugs.

The photo could be 40 years old. 

Edited by Isaanbiker
There's not enough beer in this world.

Just now, iamariva1957 said:

I do not understand what you are referring to with regards to what I posted before. This is their country and I am a guest. Never suggested that any of that was untrue. As for getting around the subject ... how exactly did I do that? As for defending anyone... I didn't. As for cleaning up acts... I do not believe my own government let alone this one. I blame no one directly though I do think that one should follow the rules of one own country or the one that one is a guest in. That goes without question. We are in this together. There will be differences in opinions dependent upon where one lives... works... and sees.  Okay that is it from me.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Matzzon said:

What? Is there something seriously wrong with you? What does it matter if they are drunk or not? Do you believe that people get immune against the virus if they are not drunk? Seriously! What a stupid comment.

When I see fellow foreigners behaving this way, I feel the shame they put over all of us. That places would try to keep open anyway was expected, but that fellow foreigners can´t get of grip of the severity is totally unfathomable. Shame on all of you that are doing this, showing disregard and disrespect to your fellow human beings.

Whoa there Matzzon. There a difference in attacking the headline and those who are breaking the rules. They are two separate logical arguments/issues. I agree that there appears to be no one 'getting drunk' and even a guy using the his laptop. The guy in the foreground seems to sitting quietly and none of the tables are full and how many bottles of booze can you see? No, the headline 'getting drunk' is simply another 'dig' at foreigners.

The issue of breaking the law is that of the owner who it seems has been charged. Foreigners entering that establishment knowing it to be wrong does show disregard and I hope that all were cautioned.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TKDfella said:

No, the headline 'getting drunk' is simply another 'dig' at foreigners.

That headline made by the TVF team. (Foreigners)

Not a Thai person. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, smedly said:

a lot of the bars are actually guest houses and have people staying there just like hotels 

I saw a few places yesterday serving people but they could have been guests 

If they were not guests then the owners should be held responsible for letting passing trade walk in - same goes for hotels

Last night, i went for a walk around Pattaya, to see with my own eyes, what is the true situation re bars opening...

in cosy beach-one bar is open, plus a few massage shops.

walking st--all bars closed, the side sois were very dark,a couple of small bars had a few drinkers, 

soi 13/1 several guest houses had a few drinkers,plus a few massage shops,with staff drinking outside.

Second rd....several bars were dark, with staff only drinking.

soi Diana and LK metro, very dark -nothing happening..

soi Buakhao a few smaller bars with staff drinking,plus a few farang at restaurants and guest houses.

walking sth end of beach rd-there appeared to be slightly more ladies than usual, waiting for business, a few steet stalls open, but generally,very dead and quiet...

times will be tough in pattaya for those that liv e and work here..

for expats that live here--we are also suffering ,as the exchange rates plummet,even further..

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

An upside to the virus, last night when I went to bed,

putting my head on the pillow,thinking something wrong,

silence..no terrible singing coming from the local karaoke

bar,still couldn't get to sleep, too quiet,this will take some

getting used to.

regards Worgeordie

i know the feeling...

3 minutes ago, Yinn said:

That headline made by the TVF team. (Foreigners)

Not a Thai person. 

In a survey on who do you trust for your COVID news? Journalists came in last in a selection of around ten options.

• Thanks 1