Pattaya: Dozens of foreigners flouting virus regulations getting drunk in a bar - owners arrested

snoop1130

No point in judging people will do what they want to do that is not only in Thailand just like others for example come here and Bareback!  The owners should have just pop a free dish of Fried Chicken and there would be no issue?????️‍♀️

16 minutes ago, TKDfella said:

Whoa there Matzzon. There a difference in attacking the headline and those who are breaking the rules. They are two separate logical arguments/issues. I agree that there appears to be no one 'getting drunk' and even a guy using the his laptop. The guy in the foreground seems to sitting quietly and none of the tables are full and how many bottles of booze can you see? No, the headline 'getting drunk' is simply another 'dig' at foreigners.

The issue of breaking the law is that of the owner who it seems has been charged. Foreigners entering that establishment knowing it to be wrong does show disregard and I hope that all were cautioned.

You hope that they were all cautioned?! Oooh, that´s great! If one of the foreigners that sat there was infected, and transmitted that to others. Then you happened to meet that person and got infected. Yeah, I am sure you would be happy that they were cautioned.

You know, I actually like your expression and your way of thinking, if this was normal circumstances in ordinary life and no risk of a dangerous virus infection was included. I times like this, people don´t care at all about being cautioned. Too many are stupid enough, so the only thing is to scream to reality in their face or giveém a good beating to understand.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, terminatorchiangmai said:

Restaurants open , bars closed.

All restaurants have more customers inside then the bars here  in Chiang Mai so whats the point?

The order's been great for the restaurant business. I saw more customers in particular restaurants yesterday than I've ever seen during any high season.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, glennb6 said:

Anut just closed the country Health certificates and 100k USD WuFlu Terror insurance required for all visitors. Won't be any bars around because there won't be any tourists to drink in them. 20% of thai gdp is was tourism. Good night!

Ban Govt

That's okay they can burn more sh*t to make up the difference. ????????????

Just now, Matzzon said:

They should have been arrested as well.

I think bad idea. 

If arrested must go to police station.

This law for to isolate people. Put them together is opposite= make the problem. 

Spread in the jail/spread together/spread to police. 

You guys really should think more.

• Like 2

Mmmm firstly the reason for this is large grouping of people , so the bar owners  are solely to blame for this , not the people going in there to drink , they are on holiday probably, and say there’s 2-3 of them , and being told it’s ok obviously by the bar.. and only yesterday there was a queue of Thai people all standing next to each other right around the villa market queuing for free face masks about 300 all grouped together .. why was that allowed , and I don’t blame them either .. 

• Like 1

Busy popular venue on Soi Bua Khao that was somewhat recently renovated. It is a restaurant serving breakfast, lunch, dinner, coffee, and of course beer. Is it a restaurant serving alcohol or a bar serving food? In the evening it has a pub atmosphere with a live band. No band 18th or 19th and their gear was covered. I think they have honored the government wish as no entertainment was provided and they were operating as a restaurant. Don't know their alcohol to non-alcohol sales ratio. Obviously a grey area. This will settle out in court more fairly but with expense. This is a case of jealousy and opportunity. People in Pattaya live in hotels or small apartments and many have no kitchens or no real means to prepare meals. Many will not catch coronavirus, be asymptomatic, or die of many other ailments afflicting them. People still need to go to restaurants to EAT. Many European descended people consume alcohol with meals, during leisure time, or during times of stress or celebration. Most of the "foreign customers" are meters away from others and in an outside environment. Probably as ideal as possible given the situation. The beach also had a renaissance of sorts as a venue of second choice and a pleasant place to relax without the Indian and Chinese Koh Larn bulk tour speedboat tourists clamoring all over the place. Should that have been closed as well? Why not Big Cs, the malls, gas stations, 7-11s, and so forth?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Captain 776 said:

Alcohol kills the virus.  Doesnt it?

asking for a friend

yes, alcohol kills any virus, heals broken bones, gives you the ability to fly and makes you immortal and omnipotent...

Actually no, just kidding, it doesn't do any of those things...but alcoholics need some fairy tales; reality's just too harsh for them.

• Like 1