Pattaya: Dozens of foreigners flouting virus regulations getting drunk in a bar - owners arrested

snoop1130

55 minutes ago, CGW said:

It's to be hoped you are not working with facts or  percentages. ???? 

So, you do not see any facts in that it´s better to avoid unnecessary contact with people or groups, even friend? That it is a fact that will minimize the spread of the virus outbreak?

For you it is also not a fact that people that gather for unnecessary reason that can be avoided, are creating a higher risk to spread the virus to more people?

That´s about all that I´ve have been posting about with my soon 50 posts in this thread. For understanding that you need to start discussing about working with facts and percentages????? Is it really that bad? How does it feel to have missed so much essential common sense during a life span?

3 hours ago, Nigel Garvie said:

Yes and we should call the "Spanish" flu of 1918-1920 the Kansas flu, or the Yankee flu. The best evidence suggests that it started in Kansas, and went on to kill 50 to 100 million people. Makes Covid 19 look harmless. 

Out of curiosity I googled several articles on the Spanish Flu of 1812.  One thing in all the articles is no one knows for sure where it originated. However at least one historian believes that newly discovered records show the outbreak began in 1917 in Shanxi Province, China, and that the flu was spread by Chinese laborers hired to work in France and Britain during World War I. This also would explain why the disease was so well-traveled across the globe. Many of the infected were part of the Chinese Labor Corps who moved through the east coast of North America and Canada on the way to Europe. So, to say Kansas for sure is not fact.

However, we know for a fact where this one came from, so good try on your deflection for the chicons. Don’t you just hate google!

16 hours ago, Matzzon said:

What? Is there something seriously wrong with you? What does it matter if they are drunk or not? Do you believe that people get immune against the virus if they are not drunk? Seriously! What a stupid comment.

When I see fellow foreigners behaving this way, I feel the shame they put over all of us. That places would try to keep open anyway was expected, but that fellow foreigners can´t get of grip of the severity is totally unfathomable. Shame on all of you that are doing this, showing disregard and disrespect to your fellow human beings.

Hmmmm, aren't you are the guy that wants 14 day over stayers deported, and you talk about "shame"...????

• Like 1

So now govts are in the buisness of telling people they shouldnt drink (cirrohsis), smoke(Cancer), go to work or school with the flu (contagious...oh). How about drive a vehicle after a few drinks should thailand shut the country down for that...YES! But does Thailand do that, no. This lockdown not just thailand is absurd!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

How does it feel to have missed so much essential common sense during a life span?

Now that hurt, you certainly know how to cut to the bone Sir ???? 

10 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

Immigration, do your work, arrest those foreigners and then... Out of the country immediately! ????

Indeed, well spoken - they could then have a drink in the many "bars" that are classified as restaurants in Bangkok before being thrown out of the country, they should have checked the license - silly, foolish and irresponsible of them when half or more of the "expat" residents are in a state of panic & in attack mode ????

It's basic human instinct to want to shelter with others during times of crisis, especially 'strangers in a strange land'. It's not the best idea now but it's not like they were plotting to bring down civilization. I am not one to huddle with others. I prefer a man cave with the door locked. That's why I am on this site right now.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, transam said:

Hmmmm, aren't you are the guy that wants 14 day over stayers deported, and you talk about "shame"...????

That's also completely irrelevant as of today. (and I did had my fair share of discussions with Mazzo in the past).

I can look past this and switch my overall brain on.

Edited by RedPill

What also worries me, is that an 88 year old guy spouts the same stuff on a forum ... and that's exactly the age/risk group we are trying to protect.

I'm 49 years old.

Interesting times ... it really shows the true colors of everyone.

13 minutes ago, CGW said:

Now that hurt, you certainly know how to cut to the bone Sir ???? 

Sorry, maybe too rough. Anyway, we are talking reality here and there is no way I will accept stupid behaviour of stupid people that risks others life during a virus outbreak.

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Mikeasq60 said:

Was that the goal of this virus to cause a global depresion?

Valid question, though I doubt anyone here will be able to answer despite the magnitude of expertise ????

If you were Chinese and back at work now you might be considering a flutter on the stock market though?

Big companies will survive and gain more ground in the social divide as small companies will go bankrupt.

"Governments" now have a "valid" reason for introducing more controls.

Big Pharma will find a way to make billions.

& lots of people on here are in depression, etc, etc,..................................... ???? ????

5 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Sorry, maybe too rough. Anyway, we are talking reality here and there is no way I will accept stupid behaviour of stupid people that risks others life during a virus outbreak.

You should concentrate on travel not being stopped, the main reason it is now out of hand, this country is the worse culprit...

• Like 1

Well I don’t have to worry about it. My wife and niece will not let me get in the car. So, our Saturday night out having a few bottles of wine and eating is out. So, going to save some money till this blows over.

The good news is our local restaurant is delivering to our housing complex. They said just call and we will be there in 15 minutes. So, I have ordered a few bottles of wine and beer on line for delivery today and Saturday night The Pizza place will deliver.

I know a lot on here do not like the hard advice, but here it is. If you are one of the ones here on the visa runs it would be a good idea to head to your home country ASAP, before you get stranded some place trying to get back into Thailand. Just on the US News was advice for all US citizens and green card holders to get back to the US now or you may have to shelter in place.

14 minutes ago, transam said:

You should concentrate on travel not being stopped, the main reason it is now out of hand, this country is the worse culprit...

Stop arguing ... do what you can do yourself, today. That's what it is about and what Mazzo says.

You can't force others to close borders, or stop licking food from the same spoon.

Do what you can do today. At least that. It's that simple. Or better, a good start.

Edited by RedPill

7 minutes ago, allen303 said:

Well I don’t have to worry about it. My wife and niece will not let me get in the car. So, our Saturday night out having a few bottles of wine and eating is out. So, going to save some money till this blows over.

The good news is our local restaurant is delivering to our housing complex. They said just call and we will be there in 15 minutes. So, I have ordered a few bottles of wine and beer on line for delivery today and Saturday night The Pizza place will deliver.

I know a lot on here do not like the hard advice, but here it is. If you are one of the ones here on the visa runs it would be a good idea to head to your home country ASAP, before you get stranded some place trying to get back into Thailand. Just on the US News was advice for all US citizens and green card holders to get back to the US now or you may have to shelter in place.

Australia is also closing the borders to overseas residents from 9pm tonight, and advising those O/S to return post haste, nit sure how they will do that with the grounding of flights from many countries

10 minutes ago, RedPill said:

Stop arguing ... do what you can do yourself, today. That's what it is about and what Mazzo says.

You can't force others to close borders, or stop licking food from the same spoon.

Do what you can do today. At least that. It's that simple. Or better, a good start.

Then shut Tesco and any other place that folk go too, on difference at all....

The bar was open for business, the same as Tesco................

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crazykopite said:

Here we go the foreigners getting the blame again when it’s the bar owners who are flouting the laws if the bar is closed as it’s meant to be then nobody can get a drink and I bet the bar is Thai owned .

It’s no one’s fault it’s excessive nonsense is what it is. 

1 minute ago, RedPill said:

Dude, you can keep distance in Tesco ... 1.5 meter (or x amount of foot / inch) from each other.

In a bar with people drinking, and maybe even girls around ... jeez, do you need some more education on this or is this enough now?

Total nonsense, Tesco trolleys, baskets, packaging has had folks mits on...FACT.

Try thinking outside your "booze" and girlie box before you start talking about education... 

• Like 1