My wife loves more her relatives than me

Lacrimas

4 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Look at like this, you just paid 100k and found out the true lay of the land.

Now its time to learn from that and isolate any and all assets so that it doesnt/cant happen again. Next step is the "Trust" conversation and how its been violated, then you take it from there.

Best of luck, as I think you have a bumpy if not painful road ahead, but for the sake of the kids, you need to guard yourself and your assets until trust is restored. (if thats possible)

Wise words thanks. I didn't really expect this from her to tell you the truth. We met in Europe and she is an educated person and works as a government employee here in Thailand.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Lacrimas said:

Thank you guys, you gave me very wise advice. She is a good person and we love each other. I think she was taken advantage of but I'll make sure this won't happen again in the future by keeping all the money on a bank account in my name only. 

No, I'm sorry, but as you said, she's an educated person who you met in Europe. 

She just needs to be educated about how to handle money. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Lacrimas said:

Thank you guys, you gave me very wise advice. She is a good person and we love each other. I think she was taken advantage of but I'll make sure this won't happen again in the future by keeping all the money on a bank account in my name only. 

that's the best idea, but i'd keep an eye on the relatives and perhaps move house at the first opportunity ... put some distance between them. I've heard of  foreigners lending money they don't get it back. One guy i know got the police involved then there was that duck farmer and his wife. bumped off for money. Only you can judge your relatives. 

My wife is OK. I'd trust her with my life, but not with my wallet.

OP I suggest that you tell your wife that things have changed and you are taking back control of the family finances because of her action and her cousin's lack of integrity. Tell her that if her cousin pays back the money, she can keep it.

That being said it is always possible that the cousin has paid back the money (unlikely but..) and that your wife has not told you.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Its the principal, and the action, wouldnt matter if it was 10k ! 

How true

Yu will never know the full extent until the 11 th hour, due to them not being able to own up when it was better to

Ok joint account - Just one source

Who owns house 

who owns car 

Who owns whatever

Even if the property is in 50/50 with kids they will always find a way to get money from some 

All this protection I've had to no evail 

PS; Is it worth paying Lawyers that are going to tell you YEP that's the story, SHe's at the whim of them

Edited by BEVUP