Me non imm o unable to do border hop.

Looks like most if the land borders are closed and heavy restrictions on flights in and out of Thailand. My 3 monthly hop is due 14th April. Any suggestions as to what to do? Ive read there may be some leniency given by immigration at cw. Should I go there and ask their advice or hang back a few days and see what happens?

6 minutes ago, elviajero said:

If you’re the spouse of parent of a Thai you can get a 60 day extension without financials.

Thanks for the info. A question; I had a retirement extension 1.5 years ago obtained through a visa agent. The address registered was an upcountry address, not my Bangkok address which I have been at since changing to the non imm o multi. I haven't notified imm of my change of address. Do I need to do this and if so can i do it when applying for the 60 day extension? 

52 minutes ago, johnny1966 said:

Thanks for the info. A question; I had a retirement extension 1.5 years ago obtained through a visa agent. The address registered was an upcountry address, not my Bangkok address which I have been at since changing to the non imm o multi. I haven't notified imm of my change of address. Do I need to do this and if so can i do it when applying for the 60 day extension? 

Someone should submit a TM.30 address report every time you re-enter the country. The immigration office will almost certainly (but local rules might apply) want one before issuing the extension. You could wait and submit it with the extension, but risk being fined for a late report.

Submitting the TM.30 now would be the best option and date the arrival at the address no more than a couple of days before the report date.

21 minutes ago, elviajero said:

Someone should submit a TM.30 address report every time you re-enter the country. The immigration office will almost certainly (but local rules might apply) want one before issuing the extension. You could wait and submit it with the extension, but risk being fined for a late report.

Submitting the TM.30 now would be the best option and date the arrival at the address no more than a couple of days before the report date.

So i will be asked to submit the tm30 before any extension is granted is this correct? Ill be going to CW.

12 hours ago, johnny1966 said:

So i will be asked to submit the tm30 before any extension is granted is this correct? Ill be going to CW.

@elviajero is usually correct and provides sound advice.

However, there are several reports of applicants with a VisaExempt, Tourist Visa or Non Imm O Visa applying for an extension of stay at CW that were not required to provide evidence of a TM30 being filed of the place where they are staying.  Obviously, if they stayed in a Hotel, that Hotel would have filed their TM30 (even without the applicant being aware that it was done), but some reports mention that the Immigration officer did not consult the IO TM30 database with all on-line filings and simply processed the application.

So it seems that CW is one of those IOs that were previously quite stringent on TM30 compliance for applicants, but now do not seem to enforce it anymore.

= = = = =

@johnny1966 > Will you be staying at a hotel before applying for your extension at CW?  In that case, the Hotel will file your TM30 on check-in (you can ask them for a print).

If you are staying at a friends place or your own or rental condo, you can register on the IO TM30 website and file your TM30s yourself.  Just PM me if you want to do this and I will send over a comprehensive step-by-step instruction on how to do it (registering will take somewhere between 5 minutes and 5 working days).

As mentioned higher several reports indicate that CW does not seem to enforce TM30 compliance anymore, but since registering and filing your TM30s on-line is relatively easy (if you know how to do it), it's better to be safe than sorry should it turn out that they still do require it.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

@elviajero is usually correct and provides sound advice.

However, there are several reports of applicants with a VisaExempt, Tourist Visa or Non Imm O Visa applying for an extension of stay at CW that were not required to provide evidence of a TM30 being filed of the place where they are staying.  Obviously, if they stayed in a Hotel, that Hotel would have filed their TM30 (even without the applicant being aware that it was done), but some reports mention that the Immigration officer did not consult the IO TM30 database with all on-line filings and simply processed the application.

So it seems that CW is one of those IOs that were previously quite stringent on TM30 compliance for applicants, but now do not seem to enforce it anymore.

= = = = =

@johnny1966 > Will you be staying at a hotel before applying for your extension at CW?  In that case, the Hotel will file your TM30 on check-in (you can ask them for a print).

If you are staying at a friends place or your own or rental condo, you can register on the IO TM30 website and file your TM30s yourself.  Just PM me if you want to do this and I will send over a comprehensive step-by-step instruction on how to do it (registering will take somewhere between 5 minutes and 5 working days).

As mentioned higher several reports indicate that CW does not seem to enforce TM30 compliance anymore, but since registering and filing your TM30s on-line is relatively easy (if you know how to do it), it's better to be safe than sorry should it turn out that they still do require it.

Thank you for your insight Peter. I'll pm you.

14 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

well, if no outbound flights, I guess it will be hard for them to deport overstayers!  

Ah, a little 'glass half full' moment. We'll need a lot more of these, if they even exist, in the coming weeks and months. Right now, I'm checking out going to Honolulu for my Non O visa -- believe this honorary consulate still issues these, at least single entry. Denied boarding to Thailand from there? -- hell, marooned back in America, with Waikiki in the background, doesn't sound too bad.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, johnny1966 said:

Thank you for your insight Peter. I'll pm you.

Hi Johnny1966 > I just PM-ed you the step-by-step instruction on how to register on the IO TM30 website and file your TM30s on-line.

To access your PM-messages just click the letter-icon next to your profile when logged in to the Forum.