Former U.N. ambassador Nikki Haley leaves Boeing board, opposing federal aid

webfact

3 hours ago, tyga said:

Surely the destroyers of the planet should be left to go bankrupt and the money, instead of being used to bailout airlines and Boeing, put to providing jobs for workers in sustainable industries such as renewables etc. Before this crisis, there was never any money for the climate crisis or the extinction of species etc or anything else that helped get us into a postion of sustainablity with the the planet (the governments told everyone they couldn't afford it). Apparently, they couldn't afford to help prevent a catastrophe (because it was not going to bite then in the as in their election cycle) So we were supposed to accept this b**lsh*t and all live in a messed up world in 20 years. Now with corona, they suddenly find unlimited money to support the very industries which got us in this predicament in the first place. Think beyond corona and see the bigger picture! We don't need or want business as usual with airlines, fashion and other frivolous activities being resurrected so it is business as usual!  If everyone flies less then that gets my vote, especially if the money goes to help alleviate suffering of working people and sustain life on the planet as we know it.

Just a question because I’m curious, and you seem to have something against the airline industry and big jets. 

How did you get to Thailand? (I assume that you’re either living there, or spend some time there each year).

Did you fly on a big Boeing or Airbus plane?

Or did you get their by a big sailboat? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Catoni said:

Just a question because I’m curious, and you seem to have something against the airline industry and big jets. 

How did you get to Thailand? (I assume that you’re either living there, or spend some time there each year).

Did you fly on a big Boeing or Airbus plane?

Or did you get their by a big sailboat? 

He probably paid them to get here. Or was gratitude in the form of a possible bailout implicit in his purchase of a ticket? Is everyone you purchase a service from entitled to a bailout? The money you pay isn't enough?

13 hours ago, bristolboy said:

He probably paid them to get here. Or was gratitude in the form of a possible bailout implicit in his purchase of a ticket? Is everyone you purchase a service from entitled to a bailout? The money you pay isn't enough?

I never mentioned anything about a bailout? Why did you bring that up. 

The person apparently does not like big industry in general and blames big industry for being “...destroyers of the planet...” and wants “...everyone flies less...” and is concerned about “...climate change...”.

(Climate Change has always been happening on this planet. Life and civilization has always done best and prefers the warm times and places. We didn’t move to the Polar regions did we? We like the tropics.)

I never mentioned bailouts. 

• Like 1