First cases of Covid-19 announced in Phuket

webfact

First cases of Covid-19 announced in Phuket

By The Thaiger

Screen-Shot-2020-03-20-at-10.10.55.jpg

PHOTO: Screenshot from Phuket Andaman News

The Phuket Provincial Office has this morning told reporters that there are 5 cases of Covid-19 in Phuket. The confirmation has been reported by The Southern News, Phuket People’s Voice , Phuket Andaman News and Newshawk Phuket. Before today the Phuket Governor has not announced any cases on the island.

In a meeting at the Centres of Disease Control in Bangkok, officials tried to avoid a full confirmation when asked about the new cases on the southern island. They merely mentioned, without denying the story, that they are awaiting full reports from the local doctors and re-iterated, as they did when another Phuket cases was reported in early February, that they didn’t want to panic people. They also cited issues of patient privacy as part of their explanation for not disclosing all the details at this stage.

The reports have not confirmed where the patients are currently being treated, or their nationality. Phuket’s Governor is currently addressing the media on the matter. He mentioned that one of the cases may be at the Bangkok Hospital Phuket. He also took the opportunity to take a swipe at the Phuket media pack attacking them for publishing the information without awaiting a formal announcement from the Governor.

The Thaiger will provide more details when they become available.

89951243_2527715237478317_63583968577642

Source: https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/first-cases-of-covid-19-announced-in-phuket

thtthaiger.png

-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2020-03-20

Governor admits Danish family with COVID under treatment in Phuket

By The Phuket News

1584680934_1-org.jpg

Phuket Govenror Phakaphong Tavipatana finally admitted the five COVID cases in Phuket this morning (Mar 20). photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: Phuket Governor Phakaphong Tavipatana has confirmed that a family of three Danish tourists in Phuket have tested positive for the COVID-19 coronavirus and are currently in hospital receiving treatment.

The news came at the now-daily meeting of the Provincial Communicable Diseases Committee held Phuket Provincial Hall this morning (Mar 20).

Governor Phakaphong said that the infected Danish tourists comprised a family of: the father, 48 years old; the mother, 39 years old; and their child, 7 years old.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/governor-admits-danish-family-with-covid-under-treatment-in-phuket-75356.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-03-20

2 hours ago, webfact said:

The Phuket Provincial Office has this morning told reporters that there are 5 cases of Covid-19 in Phuket.

5 minutes ago, webfact said:

PHUKET: Phuket Governor Phakaphong Tavipatana has confirmed that a family of three Danish tourists in Phuket

contradictory information, is it 5 or is it 3 whom can we trust...... and they wonder why we don't trust them

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Mavideol said:

contradictory information, is it 5 or is it 3 whom can we trust...... and they wonder why we don't trust them

What is wrong? Can´t it be totally 5 cases, and the governor are confirms that a danish family of 3 is among them? Really? What is conflicting information?

Hope they recover, and my thoughts goes out to the poor child.

1 hour ago, Mavideol said:

Just read the OP.

Governor Phakaphong said that the infected Danish tourists comprised a family of: the father, 48 years old; the mother, 39 years old; and their child, 7 years old.

Governor Phakaphong also finally admitted that there have been previous cases of people in Phuket confirmed as being infected with the virus.

The other two were both Chinese tourists from Wuhan, one of them 32 years old, the other 35 years old.

3 + 2 equals 5.

I wonder how long ago those previous cases were? I would guess a while ago considereing they were tourists from Wuhan. I would also guess that these cases were hidden in order to protect the precious tourist industry!

1 hour ago, Matzzon said:

What is wrong? Can´t it be totally 5 cases, and the governor are confirms that a danish family of 3 is among them? Really? What is conflicting information?

Hope they recover, and my thoughts goes out to the poor child.

did you read it............The reports have not confirmed where the patients are currently being treated, or their nationality.

8 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

did you read it............The reports have not confirmed where the patients are currently being treated, or their nationality.

Yes, as I read it it is one danish family of 3. A mother a father and a 7 year old child. They are mentioned as a group out of the total five, where 2 have not been talked about.

That will make a total of 5. Why would the reports have to confirm where they are treated? You stated that the numbers don´t mix?

Edited by Matzzon
Already solved above, I can see. :-)

A report I read this morning (I don't remember where), said 3 Danish, and two Chinese from Wuhan. No timetable, but it's obvious they were not telling the truth.

1. Some people believed government claims that no one had been discovered in Phuket with the virus
  2. Some people took action based on this data
  3. Some people may die as a result

How about some legal charges (accessory to murder, or the Thai equivalent?) against these liars?

So instead of telling people about the infection they shut up until it is discovered. For a bunch of amateurs who rule Thailand. F.cking shame. Many do not come back to Thailand after the way we have been talked down and called dirty people. I know my self and many others will stay away from Thailand and find other countries in Asia. Shameful government you have! Talk about dirty.. hah..

2 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Yes, as I read it it is one danish family of 3. A mother a father and a 7 year old child. They are mentioned as a group out of the total five, where 2 have not been talked about.

That will make a total of 5. Why would the reports have to confirm where they are treated? You stated that the numbers don´t mix?

my mistake and my apologies.... should have read the link ????

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Unify said:

A report I read this morning (I don't remember where), said 3 Danish, and two Chinese from Wuhan. No timetable, but it's obvious they were not telling the truth.

One of chinese is most likely from early Feb, people have been noticing a discrepancy from that period in regards to the infected lists provided by BKK for about two weeks now