Pattaya: Thai media reports it's deserted - businesses complying with closure order but beach has many people, they claim

webfact

2 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

For some reasons they close all the bars but all the massage can still stay open

maybe the virus do not like the massages boum boum ?

Also all the guest house or hotel with a bar inside can have the bar open

Thai logic as usual

I thought massage places were part of the closure order............. or maybe that was just for Phuket.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

I thought massage places were part of the closure order............. or maybe that was just for Phuket.

In my BKK neighborhood, all the regular Thai massage shops appear to be closed as per the local order...even moreso than the drinks only bars, where some are actually still operating.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

For some reasons they close all the bars but all the massage can still stay open

maybe the virus do not like the massages boum boum ?

Also all the guest house or hotel with a bar inside can have the bar open

Thai logic as usual

Massage places have been shut down, its all part of the same directive, bars and massage to close

Obvious there are too many morons in Thailand, disregarding nationality, citizens or race. Instead of going home and try to keep away from each other and many people, then they gather for a party on the beach.

Say a lot about human intelligence and the respect for fellow human beings.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, champers said:

In Pattaya the genie was out of the bottle long ago when Chinese tour groups and others were freely arriving here from Wuhan after the crisis began there.

The only thing i see wrong there is the quack in China waved the flag in December 2019...
With the number of tour groups from China doing the snake walk up WS on a nightly basis why isn't walking street ground zero for Coronavirus in Asia if others were freely arriving here from Wuhan before the crisis started officially.

20191111_203730.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, johng said:

Lots of Russians on Jomtien beach this morning.

As their Russian language newspaper's and internet is saying there is no problem why would they not be acting as normal. It will slowly sink in as they start asking why everything is shutting down. Do not blame them they are just too trusting of their leaders as are Thai's. I know one or two fairly educated Thais and I can guarantee they will be in lockdown or something similar.

Edited by cryo
  • Like 2

They said there were lots of tourists on the beach - though they had no picture evidence of this.

The beach road after dark was always diseased even before the virus. 

Many freelancers and cheap Charlies who didn't want to pay a bar fine.

It's understandable that they do not show photos of something that doesn't exist.

But for what do we have Google? 

Beach road II.jpg

beach road.jpg

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, wombat said:

why isn't walking street ground zero for Coronavirus in Asia if others were freely arriving here from Wuhan before the crisis started officially.

If I remember correctly there where 7000 from Wuhan and 11 million +  from China as a whole tourist to Thailand in 2019/early 2020 but somehow they managed not to spread the virus ??????

• Like 2

No sign of anything closing in South Pattaya. Tesco car park full. Plenty of traffic on road. Thais and Tourists everywhere. Rumour has it that Thais very angry about cancelling Songran. Full on party next door last night. Thais don't like to be told what not to do!  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, stuhan said:

Such a pity to see this happening.

Actually it's the best thing to happen.... a couple of weeks of forced separation from crowds might just slow down the infection rate. Thais/tourists won't do it voluntarily so it has to be this way.