BANGKOK
webfact

Pattaya: Thai media reports it's deserted - businesses complying with closure order but beach has many people, they claim

Troll post and reply removed

15 hours ago, ThaiBunny said:

Alcohol is a disinfectant after all

Only if you are drinking 140-proof (70%) straight!

Went inside Jomtien Immigration yesterday. It looked like a giant Covid 19 Petri dish. Full of old expats jammed in the waiting room. At least they aren't in the bars! 🤔

The timing of the outbreak maybe a blessing.  Had it become apparent a week after Songkran, imagine all the thousands more globally that would have gone home infected, but not aware they would be spreading it far and wide.   

7 hours ago, phetchy said:

The timing of the outbreak maybe a blessing.  Had it become apparent a week after Songkran, imagine all the thousands more globally that would have gone home infected, but not aware they would be spreading it far and wide.   

Not sure about that..... Chinese New Year likely made things a lot worse!

On 3/20/2020 at 3:36 PM, Isaanbiker said:

beach road.jpg

Is the lass on the left curling one out ?

Posted (edited)
On 3/20/2020 at 3:22 AM, cryo said:

As their Russian language newspaper's and internet is saying there is no problem why would they not be acting as normal. It will slowly sink in as they start asking why everything is shutting down. Do not blame them they are just too trusting of their leaders as are Thai's. I know one or two fairly educated Thais and I can guarantee they will be in lockdown or something similar.

Russia seems to have contained it unlike leaders of Western countries who cant conrol it and resort to lying, cheating. and obfuscating the situation. Shame to them for causing this World wide pandemic and putting everybody's life in dangers.

Edited by Mulambana

23 hours ago, dogfish180 said:

Went inside Jomtien Immigration yesterday. It looked like a giant Covid 19 Petri dish. Full of old expats jammed in the waiting room. At least they aren't in the bars! 🤔

Maybe you are just telling porkies, because since weeks people at jomtien immigration have to wait outside under a tent specially set up for this purpose

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Susco said:

Maybe you are just telling porkies, because since weeks people at jomtien immigration have to wait outside under a tent specially set up for this purpose

And perhaps you do not know what you are talking about. I was not made to wait outside, in fact I did sit there as it was lunchtime and I could get a seat in front of the coolers. I watched as people went straight in there, normally through the doors labelled EXIT, and a queue formed at the other door. I went and joined them and the outside area was not used, and it was crowded, as usual, inside, with no seats free. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

And perhaps you do not know what you are talking about. I was not made to wait outside,

And perhaps you can't read or don't know how to comply with rules, because unless they have removed the signs since my last visit, which I doubt, it is clearly signed get your queue number at the desk  THEN WAIT OUTSIDE until your number get called.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Susco said:

And perhaps you can't read or don't know how to comply with rules, because unless they have removed the signs since my last visit, which I doubt, it is clearly signed get your queue number at the desk  THEN WAIT OUTSIDE until your number get called.

I don't see the sense of sitting outside on my own (after having already queued) in 33 degC heat, when everyone else is sat inside (and standing around) in the air-conditioning. Outside there is no queue indicator, otherwise it may serve well as an over spill, and for the smokers. 

It should be obvious to you I can read, and complying with rules is not obligated at immigration....maybe they have reinstated it since my last visit, or the tent blew away.

• Like 1

picnic on the beach last saturday night

IMG_4307.JPG

On 3/20/2020 at 9:28 AM, DefaultName said:

As to the beach, isn't a regular dip in salt water a good way to disinfect?

There is not only salt in that water. Please remember to take your skin with you when your finished.

but if someone would like to take Covid19 easier is better to go at Immigration in Jomtien

9cbbf271-6abf-4d3e-a113-3e78d17eb05c.JPG

• Like 2