Phuket Immigration extends permits to stay for foreigners stuck in Thailand

webfact

5 hours ago, Tingtong2mut said:

Are u people ever happy with anything here? I don't know why the Thais put up with us to be honest and I certainly don't know why most of you miserable negative lot live here

spoken by someone who hasn't been around Thailand long enough to understand that it is the caveat at the end that will carry all the weight.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, sanemax said:

You misquoted me, which is against the rules .

The other half of the sentence changes the context of what you posted  

Where is anything changed? Do you mean that we must complain on 2 things at the same time?

47 minutes ago, sanemax said:

No one is complaining about Thai immigration and our Embassys not issuing letters though 

Actually, this post doesn´t make sense anyway.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Where is anything changed? Do you mean that we must complain on 2 things at the same time?

Actually, this post doesn´t make sense anyway.

Maybe I could have worded it better .

What I meant was that no one is complaining about Thai immigration not issuing the letters , (because its the embassys not issuing the letters)

What an idiot; who does he thinks he is? I would assume that immigration is under the police, the police is under the interior ministry with a minister in charge. 

If every Tom, Dick and Harry governor starts his own little rules ..... Embassies will certainly not comply with such idiotic letters and all those foreigners stucked now will remember this for the rest of their lives. They will share this forthcoming assistance with their social circle, and guess what, some will not come to a country with such erratic little farts! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well I can't speak for other countries, but as far as the UK is concerned the following applies:

'If you are a British citizen you will have right of abode in the UK and cannot be denied entry even without any passport never mind an expired one'.

So IMO it would be totally improper for the British embassy to issue a British citizen a letter telling them that: 'sorry, you can't come home'. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Woolsgibb60 said:

Exstension how much 1900 baht I expect so they will not let 1900 baht slip  through there fingers got to get the millions back what they are losing 

That is exactly what Chiang Rai Immigration have done for me. I have a multi entry type O. On Tuesday ( the day my entry stamp expired) I went up to Mae Sai to spend a couple of hours in Burma, and get another 90 day entry stamp, but the border was closed. Today they gave me an extension of stay for 60 days (B1900) and fined me for the 4 day overstay (B2000). My wife is away at the moment, and although they were not happy that she was not present, I had all the paperwork and my teenage daughter with me. They copied her ID card, included it in the dossier and questioned her in Thai before issuing the extension. My visa expires before the 60 days is up, and when I asked about how to renew it if the borders are still closed, they didn't know. Lucy tells me however that the immigration lady told her that next time she would have to come with me again. "Next time" - maybe they will be issuing further extensions if the borders remain closed? Who knows? Certainly the B1900s could be a windfall!

Edited by JAG

4 hours ago, justin case said:

would have been to easy to just extend

pretty sure not every embassy will bother to give this service in times of stress / high demand, my embassy is closed off, only appointment now

your lucky, the American Embassy shut down there appointment system today

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Yes.

why can’t your country make it easy for Thais?

Annoying me listen you guys complain about Thai immigration. You can just buy a ticket and come thailand.

But, Thai want to go your country..

1)Must go your stupid embassy in Bangkok first, 

2) Wait long queue

3) Do document so much, what job, etc etc

4) pay money

5) then they so no, no refund.

They don’t want “ little ghosts” which will cause, the so much loved by you Thais Japan and Korea , to introduce visas back . That s why. I am from a country that also need visas for different countries , but u won’t find our people blaming the citizens of these countries for it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fred white said:

An appointment at the US embassy might be a week or more 

As of today, no appointments at the US Embassy all scheduled appointments have been canceled until further notice

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Germans can now hope that their embassy which is closed to public, find issuing this letter an irrefutable request.

The sensible thing to do would be to mail this letter from the embassy to the applicant. They just need the personal information, I think there's no need to keep the embassy open to the public for this.

49 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Maybe I could have worded it better .

What I meant was that no one is complaining about Thai immigration not issuing the letters , (because its the embassys not issuing the letters)

Okey, if you are answering my post like that, then I must have been wording it totally wrong too. ???? Never meant to write something that could be understood as a say people complain over Immigration not issuing letters. I just mean that what ever Immigration do, then there is always wrong and they should do it another way.

1 minute ago, Matzzon said:

I just mean that what ever Immigration do, then there is always wrong and they should do it another way.

And that's usually the case, they tend to make a pig's ear of most new measures.

2 hours ago, Canuck1966 said:

It must be nice up there in your ivory tower, you are the most self centred 'i'm all right jack' person on the forum

Easy as 1-2-3?

1,000km round trip for something that you might not be able to get

How do you force the embassy to give you something? with a gun or a knife?

Why aren't the Thais liaising with the embassies?

Please tell me the point of this paperwork? 

What does it tell the Thai govt that they don't already know?

Your posts are a disgrace, I'm surprised you haven't been banned for flaming  

Block him. I did quite some time ago.

• Like 1