Phuket Immigration extends permits to stay for foreigners stuck in Thailand

webfact

3 hours ago, Khun Yaaai said:

Everyone to Phuket! ????????

Unfortunately its every one to the Phuket Immigration page! I have noticed maybe 2 or three other Phuket based people commenting here in between 6 (on my computer) pages of completely irrelevant drivel. Why  people feed the need to comment on threads that don't concern them baffles me.

This thread is about PHUKET Immigration- other comments should be limited to the main visa area.

Roll on bar re-opening- some people clearly have far too much time on their hands at the moment.

Edited by Psimbo

7 hours ago, Tingtong2mut said:

Are u people ever happy with anything here? I don't know why the Thais put up with us to be honest and I certainly don't know why most of you miserable negative lot live here

And how long have you been living in Thailand and interacting with the Immigration Offices?

The answer to that question may also answer your own question.

14 minutes ago, taxin said:

Your post does not state any facts, only words in the form of "stop complaining". There are many arguments on this thread that go against your "opinion" which you have completely ignored, this merely confirms you are a trolling.

Im probably in the same bracket as you in terms of being affected by this however, im not the type of person who will take pleasure from others who may not be as fortunate. I certainly wouldnt lower myself to calling them ass***oles.

These are very difficult times for everyone at the moment, even in your prefect world im pretty sure you will have experienced some inconvenience yourself, so please try to be nice.

Yes, and then people chose to complain when Immigration try to help. Good job! Why don´t you applaud them too?

My world is far from perfect. I have not experienced any inconvenience, though. But a was raised to be grateful when something or someone is offering to help.

• Sad 2

21 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

You appear to have the intellect and critical thinking skills of an average Thai government official.

Yep! Seems to be much better than many other governments around the world right now. Thanks! ???? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, giddyup said:

And that's usually the case, they tend to make a pig's ear of most new measures.

According to Thai logic or our countries logic? Remember where you are, if here. You probably made that choice yourself.

7 hours ago, Tingtong2mut said:

Are u people ever happy with anything here? I don't know why the Thais put up with us to be honest and I certainly don't know why most of you miserable negative lot live herewe

Well I was delighted to read the headline, but not so much at the need for an Embassy letter. Which Embassy for me? I'm British but my legal residency is in France. Eithe would require a trip to Bangkok unless this can be requested on line and posted to me.  And this is just Phuket IO. My IO is in Kalasin. Then again I have a now expired Non O multi based on marriage. My 90 days is up on 10 April but shouldn't I be able to get a 60 day extension on that, as I haven't previously requested one?

In normal circumstances I would have gone to Savanakhet to get a new visa but I read that Laos  has closed its borders to foreigners whilst even if I got there the Savanakhet Consulate would now require a medical certificate that I am Covid free and medical insurance covering Covid treatment.

Frankly I can't keep up!!! Changes by the hour.

7 hours ago, Canuck1966 said:

any foreigners seeking to extend their stay must have

“The letter must be from the embassy or consulate requesting that the Royal Thai Police Immigration Bureau allow the foreigner to stay in the country longer. It must name the foreigner and it must have the sentence that the foreigner is unable to travel due to the COVID-19 coronvirus situation,” Lt Col Udom said.

"It must be an actual letter, to be hand over with a copy of their passport at the Phuket Immigration Office during office hours,” he said.

Bloody winkers, can you believe that <deleted> 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I was going to say unbelievable... but I've been here too long and have learned better.

I'm seriously thinking that when all this is over it's time to find pastures new!

I had been saying for weeks that those who can should get out. I gave my reasons but received a posting holiday in return. So now, I will only say, get out the moment you are able to and never return. Thailand doesn’t want you here but I guess you know that already. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Abusive posts and the author have been removed.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

If you cannot be civil to one another you can expect to be removed.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Matzzon said:

Yep! Seems to be much better than many other governments around the world right now. Thanks! ???? 

I see you’re a fan of undemocratic coups and dictatorships and flip flopping ill thought through directives from incompetents. I expect your school report read 'Matzzon sets himself extremely low goals and consistently fails to achieve them' ???? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RocketDog said:

And how long have you been living in Thailand and interacting with the Immigration Offices?

The answer to that question may also answer your own question.

He says smugly. I feel like I am lowering myself even responding but as you asked 8 years. And not sitting in a condo in Bkk or Pattaya either.

This was a reply I sent to an idiot private messaged me. You guys really don't have a life..

I well and truly get it, but why come on here moaning about it? Go and see your immigration or embassy and complain. Same old brigade all the time. As in the past literally 100's or 1000's of posts over many issues that are only rumoured or not even confirmed. Many of you just seem to thrive on misery, and as my grandmother used to say misery loves company. I would bet, 95% of these posters here do not even require an extension. I do pity the guys who do, same as I pity the retirement guys who have built homes here and now the rules have changed. But how does constantly slagging off immigration help? In most cases they didn't make the laws or the changes, your local office certainly didn't and if you bothered to communicate with them often they are as frustrated as we are. They are in a much better position to make your life difficult than you can theirs. If they were aware of the constant slagging (and I am sure they are) how would you think their attitude towards us would be?

If you want to blame anyone blame our embassies for the total lack of representation they seem to provide. Not once have I seen or heard of them being involved  and coming to our defence. Maybe it's not their role.  

You remember how we all felt a week ago with the racist comment that were made aka dirty foreigners etc? and yes different to an extent from an official member of the government....but you look at the hate on these pages, literally thousands of derogatory racist, downright horrible posts about a country and its people, that you chose to live in. Multiply your feeling last week by 1000

Edited by Tingtong2mut
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

I see you’re a fan of undemocratic coups and dictatorships and flip flopping ill thought through directives from incompetents. I expect your school report read 'Matzzon sets himself extremely low goals and consistently fails to achieve them' ???? 

I was referring to results connected to the virus outbreak, which also this thread about visa extension is connected to. However, I am very happy to have amused you. It was easy.

Regarding my goals. All that I´ve set up in life, I have achieved. Never failed, because I do not allow failure as an option. That´s why I can relax, and don´t have a problem. What about you? Looking for an embassy that can provide you with a letter for extension?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I would not be concerned tooo much to stay as not getting anything frim from an embassy nowadays! The only thing they can do to get rid if the mass of people without a valued visa: sit them in a huge boat and set them into the ocean!!

2 hours ago, Psimbo said:

Unfortunately its every one to the Phuket Immigration page! I have noticed maybe 2 or three other Phuket based people commenting here in between 6 (on my computer) pages of completely irrelevant drivel. Why  people feed the need to comment on threads that don't concern them baffles me.

This thread is about PHUKET Immigration- other comments should be limited to the main visa area.

Roll on bar re-opening- some people clearly have far too much time on their hands at the moment.

To roll out the old chestnut - what applies at PHUKET Immigration Office should apply to every Immigration Office!

1 hour ago, Tingtong2mut said:

He says smugly. I feel like I am lowering myself even responding but as you asked 8 years. And not sitting in a condo in Bkk or Pattaya either.

This was a reply I sent to an idiot private messaged me. You guys really don't have a life..

I well and truly get it, but why come on here moaning about it? Go and see your immigration or embassy and complain. Same old brigade all the time. As in the past literally 100's or 1000's of posts over many issues that are only rumoured or not even confirmed. Many of you just seem to thrive on misery, and as my grandmother used to say misery loves company. I would bet, 95% of these posters here do not even require an extension. I do pity the guys who do, same as I pity the retirement guys who have built homes here and now the rules have changed. But how does constantly slagging off immigration help? In most cases they didn't make the laws or the changes, your local office certainly didn't and if you bothered to communicate with them often they are as frustrated as we are. They are in a much better position to make your life difficult than you can theirs. If they were aware of the constant slagging (and I am sure they are) how would you think their attitude towards us would be?

If you want to blame anyone blame our embassies for the total lack of representation they seem to provide. Not once have I seen or heard of them being involved  and coming to our defence. Maybe it's not their role.  

You remember how we all felt a week ago with the racist comment that were made aka dirty foreigners etc? and yes different to an extent from an official member of the government....but you look at the hate on these pages, literally thousands of derogatory racist, downright horrible posts about a country and its people, that you chose to live in. Multiply your feeling last week by 1000

Wow. Wound up much? 

Thanks for sharing. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, manhood said:

I would not be concerned tooo much to stay as not getting anything frim from an embassy nowadays! The only thing they can do to get rid if the mass of people without a valued visa: sit them in a huge boat and set them into the ocean!!

Just give me a 30 foot sail boat and I'll be happy ????

20 hours ago, Canuck1966 said:

any foreigners seeking to extend their stay must have

“The letter must be from the embassy or consulate requesting that the Royal Thai Police Immigration Bureau allow the foreigner to stay in the country longer. It must name the foreigner and it must have the sentence that the foreigner is unable to travel due to the COVID-19 coronvirus situation,” Lt Col Udom said.

"It must be an actual letter, to be hand over with a copy of their passport at the Phuket Immigration Office during office hours,” he said.

CRAZY ! Have they finally gone stark raving mad ?

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Greenside said:

You've clearly never tried to get an Embassy, Consulate or any government office to issue a one-off personalized document containing a specific phrase within a time frame of less than a month or two.  No-one will take responsibility for sending out other than boilerplate letters and even then it can take an age and (in the case of the UK at least) cost a stupidly disproportional amount.

On top of that, the nit picking IO will surely highlight even the tiniest error and send you away to get a new copy with the correction made.  I once had a K-Bank letter rejected twice because of a spelling mistake and in one of the cases they'd got it right on the line above.  I wasn't pleased.

I do wonder if some of the " foreigners " who post on here are really 5th Columnists for Immigration

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Dice Man said:

WOW....The Poster then has never experienced Immigration Officers making up their own rules as I have and have seen.What country do you live in??

That was my feeling too. He says he's been here for eight years, so I guess he's one of the few lucky ones. He's not made many posts so I guessed he was new, but I guess not; he's just very happy to be here. Good for him. 

Apparently he feels that any criticism of Thailand is unwarranted. Just his opinion, but he is insensed that we don't all share it. 

I beieve that there are many nationals here who are not well pleased with their government either. 

My pen rai. 

17 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Might be true. We will just have to wait and see.

Good idea. Please just wait then. 

It will certainly be a relief to many of us here. 

Your unfailing support of IO policies is duly noted and your gold stars should arrive soon by direct courier. 

• Thanks 1