Phuket Immigration extends permits to stay for foreigners stuck in Thailand

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are u people ever happy with anything here? I don't know why the Thais put up with us to be honest and I certainly don't know why most of you miserable negative lot live here

So, your embassy is open and ready to provide the letter required for this extension? And Lt. Col. Udom states "doing so right now risks infection", but sending people into their embassies for this le

The insanity! Amazing Thailand.     

Our home countries should lock up all Thais on overstay and video stream on social media. They are just aliens, have no rights abroad.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, justin case said:

would have been to easy to just extend

pretty sure not every embassy will bother to give this service in times of stress / high demand, my embassy is closed off, only appointment now

An appointment at the US embassy might be a week or more 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Tingtong2mut said:

Are u people ever happy with anything here? I don't know why the Thais put up with us to be honest and I certainly don't know why most of you miserable negative lot live here

Ask yourself: How come all of the whiners shows up on TV? 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

I was going to say unbelievable... but I've been here too long and have learned better.

I'm seriously thinking that when all this is over it's time to find pastures new!

No one will miss you and the rest of the whiners. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
20 minutes ago, sambum said:

Bullpoo! I am not singing the praises of my Embassy by any means - the point I am making is that such a letter should not even be needed - like lots of the piles of paperwork generated by Immigration. 

Your opinion about the letter is same mature as the first word in your post, Sir.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2
48 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Complain to your embassy then. It´s such a simple letter. Then it´s not Thai Immigration screwing you. It´s your own embassy and your own country. Don´t forget to thank them!

No one is complaining about Thai immigration and our Embassys not issuing letters though 

4 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

I was going to say unbelievable... but I've been here too long and have learned better.

I'm seriously thinking that when all this is over it's time to find pastures new!

Thank you for your service. Good Luck on your future venture. 🙂 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I agree, it's a positive news.

Would be better without consulate letter if those consulates do not issue letters by e-mail, but it can change. It may be a legal think for immigration (existing laws).

Extension, relax on overstay... why some here are yelling and critisizing exactly i do not know (and i am French 😋)

Good call from Immigration.

• Like 2