Thailand reports 50 new coronavirus infections for total of 322

webfact

Thailand reports 50 new coronavirus infections for total of 322

s2.reutersmedia.jpg

FILE PHOTO//@Reuters

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Thailand reported 50 new coronavirus infections, taking its tally to 322, a health official said on Friday, with the majority located in Bangkok, the capital.

A group of 41 new cases is linked to earlier infections, while another, of nine, centres on overseas arrivals and contact with foreigners, Suwannachai Wattanayingcharoenchai, director-general of the disease control department, told a news conference.

Thailand has had one death in the outbreak, with 43 patients having recovered and gone home, while 278 are still in hospital.

(Reporting by Panu Wongcha-um; Editing by Clarence Fernandez)

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2020-03-20
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

Forty-one of 50 new Covid-19 cases linked to boxing stadium

By The Nation

800_11d9dde92b3d5b2.jpg?v=1584680144

Fifty new cases of Covid-19 were confirmed on Friday (March 20), taking the total number of infections in Thailand since the outbreak over the 300 mark, Dr Suwannachai Wattanayingcharoen, director-general of the Department of Disease Control, said.

The number of new cases on Friday was 10 lower than on Thursday -- 41 of them linked to the Lumpinee Boxing Stadium and entertainment venues -- bringing the total number of Covid-19 confirmed cases to 322.

One French man has recovered.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30384478

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-03-20
  • Sad 1

53 minutes ago, webfact said:

Forty-one of 50 new Covid-19 cases linked to boxing stadium

By The Nation

800_11d9dde92b3d5b2.jpg?v=1584680144

Fifty new cases of Covid-19 were confirmed on Friday (March 20), taking the total number of infections in Thailand since the outbreak over the 300 mark, Dr Suwannachai Wattanayingcharoen, director-general of the Department of Disease Control, said.

The number of new cases on Friday was 10 lower than on Thursday -- 41 of them linked to the Lumpinee Boxing Stadium and entertainment venues -- bringing the total number of Covid-19 confirmed cases to 322.

One French man has recovered.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30384478

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-03-20

Why does all the dirty Farang hang around in Boxing arena and get infected. Every Thai knows better than the stupid dirty stinking Farang.

Isn't it Khun Anutin? 

• Sad 1

38 minutes ago, khunpa said:

For sure and this is going to take much longer than expected.  As each country around the world now faces constant growing numbers, medical supplies and protective equipment will soon start to run out. Soon everybody around the world, will understand the true meaning and results of a Pandemic. 

Feel so sorry for all the Thais who live from day to day, with no savings and now no jobs too.

Yes i think its going to go on longer than most people think .. if this is anything to go by ?         https://www.zerohedge.com/health/us-government-preparing-18-month-pandemic-and-critical-shortages

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Misterwhisper said:

Of course. No Thai would ever infect another Thai.

I cannot even begin to describe how disgusting I find this official xenophobic finger-pointing at "foreigners". 

So sue them.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

37 minutes ago, Tingnongnoi said:

They are reporting on where the cases are coming from, how is that finger pointing? Far more are cases from other Thais. Should they just lie if any cases are a result of contact with foreigners to protect your feelings? You state no Thai would infect another Thai but the report stated 51 have! 

Details, details........ ????

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, MikeyScars said:

We knew this inevitable event was going to blow up, and the narrative is that foreigners are responsible and not the Chinese.

Next thing we need to worry about is the possibility of petty crimes initiated towards foreigners because of so many lost jobs.  

The Chinese are foreigners in Thailand. Everybody else except Thais are foreigners in Thailand, honestly.

• Like 2

one death, yeah right... me thinks they are dripping now a bit of cases as everybody knows the low numbers were kept low for the remaining tourist $$$ 

as thailand numbers suddenly rise, they can pretend ...IT IS THE FARANG'S FAULT

so phuket now gives 30 days, but need letter from embassy, as extending anybody on faith, would have been too difficult ...  if this thing is here to be 3-6 months  x 1900 baht .... you see how they can re-fill some of their pockets

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Misterwhisper said:

I cannot even begin to describe how disgusting I find this official xenophobic finger-pointing at "foreigners". 

Agreed. Even their TV keeps focusing on foreigners now it’s getting absurd. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Misterwhisper said:

while another, of nine, centres on overseas arrivals and contact with (Dirty) foreigners, 

They forgot to mention dirty.

• Like 1

I’m waiting to see all the smoke coming from the the Temple chimneys and all those poor souls up north who cannot afford cremation burning their loved ones on a bed of charcoal outside the front door ????????☹️☹️☹️☹️????????

• Sad 2