Thailand reports 50 new coronavirus infections for total of 322

webfact

6 hours ago, ICELANDMAN said:

A recent research on the virus also indicates that the pollution facilitates the propagation of the Covid19 virus with the pollution and being the area of northern Italy the most polluted in Europe would explain the high number of contaminated, then we must expect the same in Thailand with Chiang Mai and Bangkok in the front row.

Sure the viruses probably can ride piggyback on pollutants, second hand smoke.

15 hours ago, Canuck1966 said:

Only 3,000 dead they said when some of us knew it was hundreds of thousands.

It's a moot point, given we have data from enough countries to know it's plausible the numbers they reported were accurate, given some countries have had far better outcomes than Wuhan (Germany and South Korea). It may be their numbers were accurate by the wrong reasons (by sheer luck), but it doesn't change the fact that if a place like Germany had been hit first, the numbers reported could have looked even better than Wuhan, leaving the world even less prepared.

3 hours ago, Teee said:

And they said at the start, this virus would not survive the hot climates...????????????????

Not sure anybody thought it wouldn't spread in hot climates, just that it would spread slower. That's still looking like a possibility, but for sure not drastically reduced to the point of not needing to take any containment steps.

10 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Seriously, do people really need to be explained that for almost everyone it's a mild flu-type illness and that just about every normally healthy person makes a full recovery. Just like any other illness. This one just spreads more quickly and easily.

True, and i guess its easy to get caught up in the hysteria when media is bombarding it 24x7.

But Im sure for many people their biggest concern is not so much about getting it themselves,

rather passing it on to older family members, should you be having a lot of contact with them or even living with them, as would be quite common in Thailand, people living with parents and grandparents.

In my case, my partner is already compromised with previous health issues, so it would be fatal for her, should i get it and pass it on.

That's not something i want to think about.

So you can understand in these sorts of circumstances why folk are wanting as little exposure to risk as possible.

Anyway best of luck and health to you and yours and all other posters.

• Thanks 1

On 3/20/2020 at 1:05 PM, MikeyScars said:

We knew this inevitable event was going to blow up, and the narrative is that foreigners are responsible and not the Chinese.

Next thing we need to worry about is the possibility of petty crimes initiated towards foreigners because of so many lost jobs.  

The Chinese are foreigners...