Water Purifier for House

GuyFawkes

On 3/20/2020 at 1:41 PM, CharlieH said:

Why not just stick to bottled water if just the two of you, the cost of that filter and subsequent filter changes and the hassle, just buy the 25ltr bottle water or even cases of 12 smaller bottles for 38 baht ! (as I do)

Not worth it in my opinion to buy any of those sink top filter systems.

This is really bad advice. The longer he stays the less the filter system costs even factoring in the replacement filters.  I have a now 6-year-old filtration system and have replaced the filters quite a few times over the years.  

I know the filters that were used to produce my water.  Do you trust these Thai companies to replace the filters used to make bottle water?  Do you trust them to do it as recommended by the manufacturers?

I don't.  Since I replace my filters, I have the utmost trust in my system.

And before it is said, yes, I bought a bunch of 6000 liter bottles of water just in case.

On 3/20/2020 at 1:32 PM, GuyFawkes said:

Water comes from the ground well in garden and passes through a system that removes lime scale via loads of resin,

You didn't say where you live.  Bangkok water is potable.  The pipes may not be great in some places, but you can drink tap water here.  Still, I have a five-stage filter system.

If you were using well water, not knowing what is in the ground where you live, I would opt for a reverse-osmosis system.  

If I could find out whether the Metropolitan Water Company puts fluoride in the water, I would immediately switch my system now for a RO system.

1 hour ago, Chrysaora said:

This is really bad advice. The longer he stays the less the filter system costs even factoring in the replacement filters.  I have a now 6-year-old filtration system and have replaced the filters quite a few times over the years.  

The advice was to use the bottled water that is regulated, quality tested, and safe.  Do you have your "filtration system' tested?  The bottled water is tested regularly.  It is safe. And it is probably best solution for cost.

• Like 1

I recommend filters. I paid about $180 but now I know more about it could probably set up the whole house for less then $100. filters are about $15 for a sediment and 2 carbons about every 6 months. much easier then having to buy bottles and the plastic waste that goes with it

Edited by phycokiller