What is the list of requirements for Non O extension based on marriage 1 year at Jomtien Immigration?(March 20 2020)

Would anyone have an updated list and experience of the requirements needed for an extension based on marriage(Non O) at Jomtien Immigration? These vary from province to province. I would like to avoid making more than the necessary trips. For example; how many pictures, witnesses, which documents and how many copies, etc...? I looked it up online but there is a lot of contradicting and outdated information. Thank you.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, zoza said:

so they can ask why this visit is made so difficult .

You are not alone..they always find something wrong with my paperwork (every single time) too,

just try to keep calm  though it can be very frustrating...I saw one guy  loose it and use the F word towards the I/O ..after he stormed off she called after him to watch his mouth  and said when he comes back he'll be taken to "the room" !!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, johng said:

Jomtien March 2020

2 x copies of

1. TM7 application form  signed  both sides. ( print both sides on one A4 page)

2. passport face page
3. visa page
4. previous visa extension page
5. TM6
6.Marriage Kor Ror 3  (both sides on one A4 page)
7. Marriage Kor Ror 2  (both sides on one A4 page)
8. ID Wife ( front back same page)
9. House book ( showing current address)
10.Bank statement confirming 400,000 + in  Thai bank for at least 2 month's + a transaction on that day

and if the book isn't updated for a while during the last 3 months and book doesn't show when top up occurred then also need a statement showing the last 3 months

Bank statement must be from that day
11. photos 4 different on 2 A4 pages     you and wife at home, 1 must clearly show you including the home/house/condo number.
12. Map to house

2 sets of everything   sign every page ( blue ink  best) except your wife's and witness ID/house book which they must sign.

They will come to interview  at home,and want to interview a "witness"  who must be Thai  but not a close relative  2 copies of their ID and house book..(no need to take witness to immigration office)

no need to  get ticket  when getting the extension stamp ( after 30 day wait)

go straight to the bloke on the left of  desk 6 (that's what he told me this year)

Johng, excellent! Thank you.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, zoza said:

the list looks the B****CKS and I am sure it is correct, but to get past this Application you need determination and calmness and a few Thais (wifes friends) if possible , so they can ask why this visit is made so difficult .

after three days of being sent away for unconvincing reasons we were told the pictures that they had seen on the first day were not up to scratch, we were back inside

twenty mins with all new pictures, when they brought up the TM30 I just queued up and paid the fine that was not mine to pay, and in the end we wore them down (I have never seen my mild Thai wife so angry)

but if you do not want to be bullied into going through an Agent or changing your Visa to suit them, and it made my relationship much better as now my wife knows how poorly we are treated when we venture down Immigration lately, and she realises being a Farang in Thailand is not all fun anymore. Best of Luck.

"as now my wife knows how poorly we are treated when we venture down Immigration lately"

After >2 years enforcing the TM30 report, you or your wife couldn't get it done?

We feel so sorry for you. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

"as now my wife knows how poorly we are treated when we venture down Immigration lately"

After >2 years enforcing the TM30 report, you or your wife couldn't get it done?

We feel so sorry for you. 

actually the TM30 was not mine to fill in, the person who was responsible for the TM30 was at work offshore, as suggested by senior mods on this

site the TM30 is not normally an issue when applying for an extension of stay, in fact in the last 10 years it has never been mentioned at Jomtien

whatever visa I have applied for, but this time I was applying for a visa that is not  welcomed  by jomtien Immigration, so it was brought up, and the lady on TM30 desk confirmed that it was not down to me or my wife, but there was an outstanding fine and suggested that it would be easier if it was paid for and erased, when the lady on the main desk brought it up, I foolishly mentioned the person responsible was offshore I noticed a slight

smile and I knew she was going to make an issue of it.

but do not feel sorry for us as it is not our responsibility, I could of argued but after three days I wanted the visa done , I now have copies of all the offshore lads passport details/ signatures /house book ect ect  for next time.   

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, pluto_manibo said:

Don't you also need a certified letter from the bank, confirming the funds came from abroad and the amount  of 400k has been on the account for more than two months? If so, 2 copies as well?

The funds don't have to originate from abroad when using the 400k method. But yeah, you need a letter with a statement confirming that it's been in the bank for 2+ months, at least in Hua Hin.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, zoza said:

actually the TM30 was not mine to fill in, the person who was responsible for the TM30 was at work offshore, as suggested by senior mods on this

site the TM30 is not normally an issue when applying for an extension of stay, in fact in the last 10 years it has never been mentioned at Jomtien

whatever visa I have applied for, but this time I was applying for a visa that is not  welcomed  by jomtien Immigration, so it was brought up, and the lady on TM30 desk confirmed that it was not down to me or my wife, but there was an outstanding fine and suggested that it would be easier if it was paid for and erased, when the lady on the main desk brought it up, I foolishly mentioned the person responsible was offshore I noticed a slight

but do not feel sorry for us as it is not our responsibility, I could of argued but after three days I wanted the visa done , I now have copies of all the offshore lads passport details/ signatures /house book ect ect  for next time.   

The law actually states that the "house master" is responsible for doing the TM30, and if you're the one staying in the house, you can be regarded as the house master. Not trying to justify them making it difficult for us, just pointing it out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pluto_manibo said:

Don't you also need a certified letter from the bank, confirming the funds came from abroad and the amount  of 400k has been on the account for more than two months? If so, 2 copies as well?

And not more than two days old either.or they won't be excepted at Jomtien!

5 minutes ago, maxcorrigan said:

And not more than two days old either.or they won't be excepted at Jomtien!

As far as I know funds don't need to be shown coming from abroad if using the 400,000 in a bank method..you need to get a letter from the bank showing that on that day you have the money in the bank and show the updated bank book with a transaction on that day  showing the money has been there for 2 months (60 days)

On 3/20/2020 at 2:10 PM, pluto_manibo said:

Would anyone have an updated list and experience of the requirements needed for an extension based on marriage(Non O) at Jomtien Immigration? These vary from province to province. I would like to avoid making more than the necessary trips. For example; how many pictures, witnesses, which documents and how many copies, etc...? I looked it up online but there is a lot of contradicting and outdated information. Thank you

I have just done my marriage extension in Si Racha (three weeks ago). both Si Racha and Jomtien are part of Chonburi Immigration and have the same requirements. Attached is the document requirements supplied by Si Racha (1). Its written in Thai (Si Racha like to be awkward ????) so I had it translated into English (2). You need two copies of every document and presented as two separate individual folders. I've added a couple of notes with regard to the finance section for clarity. (at least, with me, they were very particular about proving both the source of the money and where it originates from (eg: proof of pensions and proof of where/how it was sent to Thailand.

Long story but Jomtien actually checked all my documents first, before Si Racha, and confirmed everything was correct and presented properly and they informed Si Racha of this by telephone.

2. Marriage ext docs Eng -Si Racha.pdf

1. Marriage ext req docs Thai-Si Racha Dec 19.pdf

Edited by john terry1001
  • Thanks 2

I am due to extend my non- o in ealry May. I am hoping that by then the gov. hasn't started insisting on $100k worth of insurance for all extensions as well as all arrivals. If I leave the country and come back I will need it yet for now extending my stay I don't. Some bright spark may spot this inconsistency.

looks like some great info and for people who have not gone through all the hoops (we were sent away or should I say dismissed a couple of times because we did not have all the forms in the correct order? when I asked

if they had a list of what forms were in what order, I got a glare and an arm waving us away) I did find one a bit later but in Thai of course.

I have copied both lists as at least until next year when no doubt they will bring in new or alter some things, we will be half way to our Visa,

so thanks Lads,

just to point out I am the 3rd person on the list to be liable for a TM30.

after the owner the householder, I believe my description is ''Possessor'' 

Section 38. The householder, the owner or the possessor of a dwelling place or a hotel manager, who takes in, as a resident, an alien with permission to temporarily stay in the Kingdom, 

Edited by zoza

1. Marriage ext req docs Thai-Si Racha Dec 19.pdf

On 3/22/2020 at 10:20 AM, zoza said:

looks like some great info and for people who have not gone through all the hoops (we were sent away or should I say dismissed a couple of times because we did not have all the forms in the correct order? when I asked

if they had a list of what forms were in what order, I got a glare and an arm waving us away) I did find one a bit later but in Thai of course.

At Si Racha (which is also part of Chonburi Immigration)1. Marriage ext req docs Thai-Si Racha Dec 19.pdf I was given a list of required documents (in Thai) and I needed two copies of everything. After my wife (the IO refuses to speak to the applicant and will only talk to the wife) presented them the IO messed up both copies together, then pushed the now single pile back to my wife and said each pile should be presented in exactly the same order as written on the list they supplied. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, john terry1001 said:

1. Marriage ext req docs Thai-Si Racha Dec 19.pdf 94.79 kB · 1 download

At Si Racha (which is also part of Chonburi Immigration)1. Marriage ext req docs Thai-Si Racha Dec 19.pdf I was given a list of required documents (in Thai) and I needed two copies of everything. After my wife (the IO refuses to speak to the applicant and will only talk to the wife) presented them the IO messed up both copies together, then pushed the now single pile back to my wife and said each pile should be presented in exactly the same order as written on the list they supplied. 

Thanks for the list, we now have a copy each and I will get the Thai one copied in case the dragon lady is having a bad day. 

• Like 2

On 3/21/2020 at 6:09 PM, Chomper Higgot said:

Pay very close attention to everything the application officer tells you, she doesn’t like repeating herself,

Neither my wife or myself are "hard of hearing"  but often have difficulties hearing what she says over the general noise of the office..now with mask wearing it can only be worse ?

• 3 months later...
On 3/21/2020 at 6:09 PM, Chomper Higgot said:

Questions you will be asked

How long have you been married, known each other, date of marriage. Average monthly income/expenditure.

Trick question: Where are you working/what’s your job. 

Many thanks for this amazing list, this is all anyone needs when applying for extension.

If I answer the trick question the following way: "I write investment articles in German for a German investment website about US and European investments"
Will that fly or will it be an issue with them?
If it's an issue, will a written statement from the CEO confirming employment suffice as proof?

Edited by stoicccc
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

If you are asked were your income is from, savings and investments overseas.

I rent out a House overseas and get income from renting it out. Is this ok?

Money goes to overseas bank account.

• Like 1

Did my first marriage after 14 yrs retirement last january at Jomtien ,we had been married and lived in the UK , followed the list given by Ubonjoe ,they were really nice  and i had made a few minor mistakes,which were sorted there and then ,they were as nice as pie ,as were the guys who came to our house ,a week later. our neighbour acted as a witness ,her husband owns a company ,when asked how much they earned a month and she replied about 1 million baht ,well lets say they were very ,very polite, mind you so was i ????

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

If you are asked were your income is from, savings and investments overseas.

If you are doing any work of the kind you describe for an overseas employer be sure that you are paid into your overseas account and that transfers to your Thai account are from an overseas account in your name.

Do they ask to see investment proof, portfolio statement etc?

I get paid to my overseas account for sure and work has nothing to do with Thailand or Thai people. I also get commission from affiliate work that I have done years ago and not activately doing anything about it anymore, maybe that would be a good thing to mention instead then. I could have their CEO write a letter of proof.

• Haha 1

On 3/21/2020 at 4:57 AM, zoza said:

I PM-ed you a step-by-step instruction on how to register on the IO TM-30 website, so that you can do 'your' TM-30s on-line.

You can register either as tenant or on behalf of the owner.

One less thing to worry about on your next visit to that friendly helpful office.