What is the list of requirements for Non O extension based on marriage 1 year at Jomtien Immigration?(March 20 2020)

• 1 month later...
On 3/21/2020 at 6:09 PM, Chomper Higgot said:

I submitted my renewal at Jomtien yesterday, I have some comments to John’s list as follows:

TM7

I downloaded my TM7 forms from the Thai Immigration website, there are two pages to each form. Print them as two pages not back to back.

Fill them in by hand in blue ball point.

You need to glue a RECENT passport size/format photo of yourself to each form. Color photo on white background. 

Use a glue stick.

Kor Ror 2 (Kor Ror 22 if married outside Thailand)

This must be a recent copy, tge rule is within 3 months but within a few days is better. 

House Book

Your wife might be registered at another address, for example at her parents home, if so you need copies of the House Book she is registered in (Front page and page with her name) AND the House Book where you both live.

Other Home Documents 

According to your personal circumstances include copies of the Chanote/Mortgage Agreement/Rental Agreement.

Bank Statement

The requirement is a statement for 2 months showing a continual balance above 400,000. But when you finally submit you’ll be asked what your monthly income is, here a statement going back 3 months is ‘helpful’.

Request a formal statement from your bank, explain what it’s for - It must be stamped and signed by the bank.

You also need a certified statement from the bank ‘nang suer lap long’ confirming your balance on the day. Again this must have the bank stamp and signature(s).

These documents must be obtained and signed/dated on the day you apply for your visa.

Update and photo copy your bank book.

Photos.

Six RECENT color photos of you close together, one in front of your home (number clearly visible, others at locations around the house including sitting on your bed.

Try to have evidence of living in the home in the background of these photos, example books, desk with family photos in view, food on shelves in the kitchen.

Photos printed at a photo shop, not printed by you onto normal paper.

Glue these six photos as two photos to a page on A4 paper.

Map of house

Hand drawn on A4 paper, not printed from google maps etc.

Add to John’s list

Copies of 90 day reporting slip.

Details

Make sure all details you write on forms and the map, names, addresses etc, are exactly as recorded in the documents you are referencing.

Compiling your applications (2 sets)

Set two identical document sets.

Fasten with bulldog clips, do not put in file binders. Do put in large envelope Incase it rains.

TM7 on top, 

Passport

Wife’s ID 

Marriage Documents

House Documents

Photos

Bank Documents (original statements and certificates issued by the bank - not copies!)

Map

Process

Go to the bank first thing, get your bank documents sorted and inserted into your application documents sets - do this where you can sit down comfortably and before you arrive at Immigration.

Take all the originals with you, assembled together for easy access when asked by the officer for the original.

I take a large tote bag to keep my documents in.

Try to get to Immigration as early as possible.

At Immigration

Use the car park opposite and a little down the Soi from Immigration. On every recent occasion I’ve been to the office I’ve seen cars parked in the roads near Immigration with police locks on their wheels.

In response to the virus threat Jomtien now have an outside queue, it’s not perfect but it’s a lot better than it could be, it is also quite orderly and well managed.

Once you get to the door you’ll have your temperature taken and if OK a stamp on your forearm before you are let in.

At the desk directly in-front of the main doors, hand the staff both your files and tell them ‘Marriage Visa Extension’ they’ll briefly check you have both sets of documents and then hand you a ticket - For  is a extension based on marriage it will be a 600 series ticket.

Go straight to the far end of the waiting room - Desk 6 and take a seat in a nearby row, wait for your number to be called.

Caution: The officer who deals with marriage visa applications takes no nonsense - sit down and wait your turn, on several occasions I’ve seen her rip into people standing around in front of her.

On the upside, she’s by-the/book, I rather like her.

Fee

Bht 1900 paid to the application officer.

Keep the receipt safe, you may be asked for it when you collect your visa.

Missing Documents - Instructions from the application officer.

Pay very close attention to everything the application officer tells you, she doesn’t like repeating herself, if she says there is a problem or missing document(s) take her at her word and do exactly what she instructs - Do not argue with her, she’s giving you instructions/advice on what you need to do.

If your application is in order

You’ll be sent to an adjacent desk where you’ll photographed together while seated. 

You’ll be given two more forms to sign and your passport will have a stamp recording your application and telling you the expected date to collect your passport.

Questions you will be asked

How long have you been married, known each other, date of marriage. Average monthly income/expenditure.

Trick question: Where are you working/what’s your job. 

Home Visit

In the week or so after your application an Immigration officer(s) will visit you at your home. They will want to confirm with one or two Thai citizens that you are married and living together. They also ask to see the Thai ID of these witnesses who may be asked to sign to confirm their statement. Make sure you have given your witnesses a heads up.

When to apply

I normally apply 28 days in advance of my visa expiry, but this year circumstances dictated I had to leave it until 10 days left on my visa.  

Try to apply early, I was getting very concerned that Immigration might close their office.

If you leave it to the very last minute you have zero time to deal with errors or corrections.

One last point

Smart clean dress and both of you wear face masks.

Good luck.

Thanks for the list.

Can you confirm which pages of the passport you included copies of? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2020 at 2:36 PM, johng said:

Jomtien March 2020

2 x copies of

1. TM7 application form  signed  both sides. ( print both sides on one A4 page)

2. passport face page
3. visa page
4. previous visa extension page
5. TM6
6.Marriage Kor Ror 3  (both sides on one A4 page)
7. Marriage Kor Ror 2  (both sides on one A4 page)
8. ID Wife ( front back same page)
9. House book ( showing current address)
10.Bank statement confirming 400,000 + in  Thai bank for at least 2 month's + a transaction on that day

and if the book isn't updated for a while during the last 3 months and book doesn't show when top up occurred then also need a statement showing the last 3 months

Bank statement must be from that day
11. photos 4 different on 2 A4 pages     you and wife at home, 1 must clearly show you including the home/house/condo number.
12. Map to house

2 sets of everything   sign every page ( blue ink  best) except your wife's and witness ID/house book which they must sign.

They will come to interview  at home,and want to interview a "witness"  who must be Thai  but not a close relative  2 copies of their ID and house book..(no need to take witness to immigration office)

no need to  get ticket  when getting the extension stamp ( after 30 day wait)

go straight to the bloke on the left of  desk 6 (that's what he told me this year)

Must the bank statement be from your own branch or will anyone do?

Thx.

1 minute ago, superatoz said:

is a transaction on that day really needed ?  any idea why ?

When using the funds-in-bank method the 400K for your marriage extension needs to be seasoned for at least two months on THE DAY OF APPLICATION.

Having done a transaction on the day of application (obviously followed by also doing a bank-book update), will provide evidence that the +400K are still there on the day of application.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 3/11/2021 at 3:58 AM, johng said:

Update March 2021

from my notes

Jomtien March 2021

2 x copies of

1. TM7 application form  signed  both sides.

2. passport face page
3. visa page
4. previous visa extension page/s
5. TM6
6. Marriage Kor Ror 3  both sides on one page
7. !!! new for 2021  must go to the Amphur office and get updated Kor Ror 2 must do this every year from now on !!!   
8. ID Wife ( front back same page)
9. House book ( showing current address)
10.Bank statement confirming 400,000 + in  Thai bank for at least 2 month's (60 days) + a transaction on that day
and if the book isn't updated for a while during the last 3 months and book doesn't show when top up occurred then also need a statement showing the last 3 months
Bank statement must be from that day
11. photos 4 different on 2 A4 pages     you and wife at home, 1 must clearly show you including the home/house/condo number. ( this year did 4 photos on one page no raised eyebrows)
12. Map to house

2 sets of everything   sign every page ( blue ink best) except your wife's and witness ID/house book which they must sign.

Interview at home   they want to see a witness with their ID and House Book copies, no need to take witness to the Jomtien office.

Thanks a lot for the detailed info. I plan on going next week. Having done this extension in the past in Bkk for 2 years and then in Chiang Mai at the last 4 years it looks stricter than what I'm used to. A couple of questions come to mind:

• Item 7 - Kor ror 2: we were married in Bangkok. Are we supposed to travel there now for the purpose of getting an updated Kor Ror 2...?
  • Item 10 - bank statement: in Bkk and CM they were ok with a statement + bank letter issued a few days prior to immigration visit. A transaction on the day of the visit was always required and the balance could then be different from the amount written in the statement + bank letter. I'd normally deposit a 100 baht or so for that purpose. Can someone confirm this is definitely not acceptable in Jomtien immigration? having to go to the bank to get the statement + bank letter on the same day makes it more difficult to arrive to immigration early.
  • Witnesses - we moved to Pattaya quite recently and don't really know the people in the mooban (never had home inspections at BKK / CM BTW). Is this an issue..?
  • I normally also bring the house lease agreement and house owner ID (on top of their tabien baan). I am aware this isn't on the list but the IO always collects those docs when I bring them. Was asked for that once in the past in Bkk. Is it not necessary?

As a sidenote I can add that we have 2 kids. Normally we also add their Thai passports, Tabien baan where they are registered and birth certificates to the list above.

1 hour ago, XGM said:

Item 7

You can get the updated Kor Ror 2   from any Amphur office

1 hour ago, XGM said:

Item 10

Other people have said they used a few days old bank statements at Jomtien but I have  been refused before so now always get it same day.

1 hour ago, XGM said:

Witnesses

Only one required  the copy of their ID and house book could be a bit tricky as many Thai people are afraid of handing those documents to  others  due to lots of scams in past and present,  I suppose this requirement kind of half proves that the witness does indeed know you....make some new "friends".

1 hour ago, XGM said:

we have 2 kids

This could work in your favour  maybe no need for house visit and/or witness ??

some one with kids hopefully can confirm or deny that.

I would take all the documents you used to take to Bangkok  and only present additional things the lovely lady at desk 6 asks for it !!

Edited by johng
  • Like 1

Arrived today at 9am and left by 11am. The biggest delay was actually the TM30 - which I thought was already done, since I was given a copy of an online reporting done by the real estate agent who did it on behalf of the landlord. I also presented that copy when I did my last 90 days reporting - and it was accepted. Apparently, that online reporting didn't really make it to the online system and I had to queue in room 10 and redo it the normal way before my extension could be processed.

The IO was also not very happy with the clarity of landlord's ID, luckily landlord sent it to us on the spot and we could print the clear one in immigration.

I can confirm a witness' details is required in our case as well. "No witness - cannot do". This was unheard of when we did the extensions in BKK and CM.

The official also said I must keep the 400K+ baht in the account until the extension is given, but did not specify that any proof for that should actually be presented. Kind of weird.

When we left we saw at least 30 people queuing outside in the heat, I was very happy we arrive earlier.

1 hour ago, XGM said:

Arrived today at 9am and left by 11am. The biggest delay was actually the TM30 - which I thought was already done, since I was given a copy of an online reporting done by the real estate agent who did it on behalf of the landlord. I also presented that copy when I did my last 90 days reporting - and it was accepted. Apparently, that online reporting didn't really make it to the online system and I had to queue in room 10 and redo it the normal way before my extension could be processed.

The IO was also not very happy with the clarity of landlord's ID, luckily landlord sent it to us on the spot and we could print the clear one in immigration.

I can confirm a witness' details is required in our case as well. "No witness - cannot do". This was unheard of when we did the extensions in BKK and CM.

The official also said I must keep the 400K+ baht in the account until the extension is given, but did not specify that any proof for that should actually be presented. Kind of weird.

When we left we saw at least 30 people queuing outside in the heat, I was very happy we arrive earlier.

Submitting your application is not the same thing as receiving your extension.

For this reason the official advising you to keep your ฿400,000 in your account is until after you receive your extension is giving you very good advice.

If, for some reason, your application is rejected and needs to be resubmitted you will need to meet the ฿400,000 account balance requirements all over again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

If, for some reason, your application is rejected and needs to be resubmitted you will need to meet the ฿400,000 account balance requirements all over again.

I didn't think of this possibility, interesting.

1 hour ago, XGM said:

The official also said I must keep the 400K+ baht in the account until the extension is given, but did not specify that any proof for that should actually be presented.

They have never asked to see proof of the money still being in the bank when I went back to get the final stamp

but I have always made sure to keep over 400,000 in the account   till the stamp is in the passport.

Did you  try using an "old"  bank letter or get one on the day ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, johng said:

They have never asked to see proof of the money still being in the bank when I went back to get the final stamp

but I have always made sure to keep over 400,000 in the account   till the stamp is in the passport.

Did you  try using an "old"  bank letter or get one on the day ?

I was going to keep the 400K in the account in any case (in fact, I prefer to keep this amount there year-round so not to forget it when the time comes near, and use another account for every day use), I was just wondering if they might ask for any proof, if so such should be prepared accordingly.

I didn't take chances with the bank letter. I was the first at the bank at 8:30 and out in about 10 minutes. Wasn't a big issue to fit it in since the branch I used is just 3 minutes drive from immigration.

One thing that surprised me here was how quiet was that desk 6 for marriage extensions. It seems as if we were the only couple there between 9 and 10:30. When we were sent for the TM30, or to get the clearer ID, or to rearrange the copies, nobody else applied. In BKK and CM I always had to queue for quite a while until I could submit the documents, even when arriving before immigration opens. Is it the normal situation here?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XGM said:

I always had to queue for quite a while until I could submit the documents, even when arriving before immigration opens. Is it the normal situation here?

I think you must have caught a "quiet" day  for marriage extensions.

1 hour ago, XGM said:

rearrange the copies,

Yes what fun it is too ????       if you see my list above    that's the order the documents  where supposed to be presented in

( This year anyway)

• 9 months later...

hello, can somebody confirm please ? KOR ROR 2 document is a dated document that we must get at a specific Thai office (few days before visa extension application), and KOR ROR 3 is the "degree" type certificate that is not dated and that we just have to copy (and maybe show original at immigration?). Is it correct ? So it means only 1 document KOR ROR 2 to get from the specific office, the degree we already have it ????Thanks a lot.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

A up to date printout of your Kor Ror 2 marriage registry can be requested at any Amphoe (district office). Your wife can get it by showing her ID card.

I use the original printout of the Kor Ror 2 when I apply for my extensions in one of the sets of documents and a copy in the other one.

Thank you but not what I asked.

But now it seems confirmed by other sources that the kor ror 2 is a Thai administration document to print just before applying for extension, and Kor ror 3 is the marriage degree certificate that we get after marriage. Kor ror 3 is not dated and can be used (copies) forever.

Thanks again.

• Like 1

I think the advice from a year or two is very relevant, which is always stay calm and gradually work away at the paperwork and get it ready.

In my case, with Phuket immigration, I may have over done it for paper work, as in addition to paper work noted required,  I showed up at Phuket immigration with copies of everything on the list and more (based on posts of some who said they had to provide more) with multiple images of my wife and I together, letter/statement from the bank (same day) showing necessary funds in a fixed account for the past 12-months, and copies from another bank book / account showing withdrawals of money that I used to live on, copies of my wife's BLUE book (she has her name on another house she owns to minimize taxes) and copy of my yellow book (showing my condo residence where I live (with my wife)), and even a TM-30 showing my arrival in my residence.

I say too much, as a LOT of the above was handed back to me ... such as yellow book copy (mistakenly) being handed back to me by Immigration.

Then a week later after my application, immigration phoned me back and wanted proof of my residence, as my wife's BLUE book address did not match the condo address on the forums where I lived.  So my wife and I went to immigration again with my yellow book (and copies of it) , explained to them my wife (who owns another house) lives with me in my condo (ie the 'yellow book'), ...  and this time they understood, and kept the yellow book copies.

Edit: Also, since my marriage was two decades ago in Canada to my Thai wife, we had to get that paper work translated, translations certified, and marriage registered locally in Phuket.  The document they gave us is a Kor-22 which I believe is the one for foreign marriages.

It all worked out in the end, and after some time I obtained the extension 'based on marriage to a Thai'.

I consider myself fortunate - as despite being incredibly busy, the Phuket immigration staff were VERY polite the entire time.

Edited by oldcpu
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, thwo said:

Thank you but not what I asked.

I through that is what you wanted to know.

The Kor Ror 2 was done when your registered your marriage at a Amphoe and you they gave you a copy of it and 2 Kor Ror 3 marriage certificates.

The print out of the existing Kor Ror 2 is needed to prove you are still married and did not get divorced. If you got divorced you would not be able to get a Kor Ror 2.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/9/2022 at 8:45 PM, thwo said:

hello, can somebody confirm please ? KOR ROR 2 document is a dated document that we must get at a specific Thai office (few days before visa extension application), and KOR ROR 3 is the "degree" type certificate that is not dated and that we just have to copy (and maybe show original at immigration?). Is it correct ? So it means only 1 document KOR ROR 2 to get from the specific office, the degree we already have it ????Thanks a lot.

Thank you for confirmation, but as I am the only one to explain it clearly, I repeat for people who might need it:

KOR ROR 2 document is a dated document that we must get at a specific Thai office (few days before visa extension application), and KOR ROR 3 is the "degree" type certificate that is not dated and that we just have to copy

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...