What is the list of requirements for Non O extension based on marriage 1 year at Jomtien Immigration?(March 20 2020)

9 hours ago, XGM said:

And so, it is time to go through this splendid experience once again... ???? are there any changes to the requirements since last year?

Nothing new unless your immigration office wants something new.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Well it's that time again  the time we all look forward to  the exquisite Jomtien  desk 6 experience.

New for me this year  was needing a recent photo on the TM7 form,  I had been using the same one for years before and it was excepted,the very pleasant staff at the vastly improved information/queue number desk had actually spotted it was an old photo and said it has to be within 3 months   me being the silly old bugger I am thought I'd risk it   :post-4641-1156693976:

100 baht for 2 new "passport sized"  photos at the shop at the entrance on the left.

Talking of photos  I had a ding dong with 2 other photo shops  as they refused to take photos off my phone with a Bluetooth connection   only Line or e-mail  as my phone has no internet connection I was stuffed.

The unnamed shop I did use where incapable of producing 6x4 sized prints  and unwilling to arrange a print on a A4  piece of paper  one photo in  landscape and the other in portrait orientation  eventually I had to walk away go get a beer to calm my nerves !  ( it was after midday so quite acceptable  :burp:)

and let my wife handle the family photo's  this of course another case of me being a silly old bugger   as the oversized and stretched photos where excepted  although was questioned on when they where taken.

This year we where specifically warned that  there needs to be more than 400,000 baht in the bank account  during the 30 day "consideration" period..something I don't remember them saying before.

So a recap of the rainforest required this year 2024

Jomtien March 2024

2 x copies of  and arranged in 2 piles in this order

1. TM7 application form printed double sided
signed both sides + new (within 3 months) photo attached.
2. passport face page
3. visa page
4. previous visa extension page/s
5. TM6
6. Marriage Kor Ror 3  both sides on one page
7. updated Kor Ror 2 From the Amphur office
(can use passport instead of wife's ID
as long as it's the one listed on the KR2 old passport ok)
8. ID Wife ( front back same page)
9. copy House book ( showing current address)
10.Bank statement confirming 400,000 + in Thai bank for at least 2 month's (60 days)
    + 3 months statement
    + a transaction on that day
    updated book and copy of all pages
    Bank statement must be from that day
11. Family photos 4 color photos on 2 A4 pages  (black and white acceptable for the second copy)
     you and wife at home, 1 must clearly show you including the home/house/condo number.
    I did 2 x 6x4 on a page printed at home  was acceptable

also acceptable in 2024     shop printed non standard size stretched photos 🙂
12. Map to house

2 sets of everything   sign every page  at the bottom ( blue ink best) except your wife's ID/house book which they must sign.

To do on the day
bank transaction update book
copy of last page bank book
bank statements

Remember they want to see a witness during the 30 day  under consideration period when immigration police come to visit you at home, the witness  needs to provide 2 copies of ID and house book too.

5 hours ago, roobaa01 said:

Jomtien allows for a fixed term deposit savings passbook with 400k

Without update.

Well that's interesting  how do they know the money has been there for at least 2 months and is still in the account if there is no update ?

@johng

You cannot update a fixed term deposit as there is no transaction. The fixed term deposit states clearly the date when it was lodged as well when it matures. When I break the TD it will appear as transaction in the TD passbook .

Wbr

Roobaa01

@roobaa01  so to get any money from this fixed term deposit requires an update in the passbook, no ATM no online ,therefore immigration is satisfied that what the passbook states is fact and no further proof is required ?

Again I find that interesting as I thought the money in the bank was to be used as living expenses/supporting the wife and they expected to see some transactions in the account.

If the account is static wouldn't they ask where the money to live day to day in Thailand comes from ?