Suvarnabhumi Thai Airways to germany health cert

hadock

Hello,

one of my friends daughter is at the moment in bkk. She is a teenager and very stressed at the moment. She have a booking with thai airways to germany (frankfurt) for monday night.

A travel agency told her she need a healt cert and a insurance, otherwise she can´t board the plane. As far as i know this you only need for arrivals. But of course i am not sure.

Thai airways homepage not show any information, i try the hotline, but nobody pick up phone.

Is a health cert needed for flight to germany, and any idea to which doctor she can go. Can be any doc in BKK? any forms?

Thank you

1 hour ago, jackinthebox said:

If she is german or EU natonality, I don't think a health certificate is necessary. If she is thai nationality it will be difficult to enter AFIK

Found some update news and yes, EU citizens and foreigner with a permanent residency ("Wohnsitz") are allowed to enter.

Might be useful to provide her with by mail or messenger with proof of address in Germany, data of parents (living in Germany?).

No word about health certificate/test.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Just talked to a couple that had Qatar airways flight cancelled. They can fly back (a bit later, as their stop-over can't exceed 12 hours in Doha) but they are limited to only flying to Zagreb, Croatia, since other airports like Vienna were requiring health certificate they don't have. That's the virus test that public hospitals refuse to do unless you came from Wuhan and show symptoms or costs up to 25000 baht in private hospitals and takes 2-3 days to get...

Given she's German, she should check her local news for any developments, as that would be far more accurate than asking about it on a forum catering to Thai expats...

2 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

as their stop-over can't exceed 12 hours in Doha

Fortunately in the described case it is Thai Airways to Germany and that's very sure a non-stop to Munich or Frankfurt. Takes away some complication.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hadock said:

A travel agency told her

is at the moment in bkk

Don't listen to a travel agent in this case.

Can she go to the airport and contact Thai Airways directly?

(by phone might be difficult)

And waiting for the OP to answer: What nationality? Does she speak Thai?

Edited by KhunBENQ

Is a health cert needed for flight to germany, and any idea to which doctor she can go. Can be any doc in BKK? any forms?

From what I understand, it's not needed for citizens and permanent residents returning home.

BKK-Hospital.png.9304623e9b45c954cbf2e75ba734cc18.png

@all  Thank you for answers

finally i was able to talk someone from Thai airways. No health cert needed at the moment. They only check your temperature before you go on board, and when she not have fever everythings is fine. BTW the girl is german nationality. So the travel agency gave her the wrong informations...

• Like 1