Asinine and unfair closings

Trujillo

There are "massage parlors," where those words are a euphemism for encounters of another type, and, there are places for nuwat boran (traditional Thai massage).

If you are an expat living here, and don't grasp the distinction, I congratulate you on your naivete, or Alzheimer's ????

Now, what would you assume about the demographics of patrons of the first type of establishment mentioned ... in terms of risk-taking, drug/alcohol use, self-care, immune system vulnerability, etc. ?

How often would you guess the first type of establishment clean their bedding, towels, sheets, etc. ?  How often, do you think these places have workers that are hill-tribe, and/or relatively uneducated, or, have had any training ?

I don't feel good writing this because it may, unfortunately, be painting using a brush too big, it may, in spite of me, cast aspersions on people by type.

For myself, I wouldn't go to the first type of venue ... virus, or no virus,

Unfortunate the nuwat boran venues get swept under the rug !

~o:37;

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, ukrules said:

I'd give it another couple of months before making a judgement on that.

According to the latest news from there ( yes, I know false data is possible, if not probable ) they have had their first day where no new cases have been recorded/diagnosed.

Wow. So much self entitlement and petulance.

You really should go back to your home country. You are bored and obviously have no purpose here. I don't see Thailand having a need to entertain people like yourself in times such as these.

You obviously are absolutely clueless to matters of basic hygiene even to think that in normal times such an area is free of communicable disease.

Edited by Number 6
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, glennb6 said:

and when rules become tyranny....

" That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. "

"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.-- "

woops, sorry, wrong country - here they just have military coops.

I thought we were discussing about closings and act regarding to safety for the people in the country during a virus outbreak. Oooh, yes! We do! I just checked the thread. 

That means you are saying that rules which are created to minimise the virus outbreak are to be compared with tyranny. Good thinking, man!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Rules are for the obedience of fools, and the guidance of wise men.

You've never encountered a stupid rule?

Yes, I have encountered many, based on my opinion, stupid rules. Most of the time, my opinion doesn´t count, though. I do not have the education, manpower or tools to assess the reason or the right or wrong regarding the rules. In that case you just have to trust the people in charge. In this case most will probably not have the education either, but they will have the manpower and the tools, which is 2 out of 3 I don´t have.

Just out of curiosity. Here we are discussing unfair closings. Why do you think and believe it´s stupid? I see it like this. First I put a value on the necessity of and open restaurant compared to and open bar as an example. In my book eating come out on top of drinking alcoholic beverages. To me that means the bars should be closed before the restaurants. On top of that, I also believe that closing unnecessary places where people can gather during a virus outbreak will have a bigger chance of minimizing the damage than leaving it open. Let me hear. Argue against that logic, please. What do you think, and what do you believe?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1