Asinine and unfair closings

Trujillo

10 minutes ago, Logosone said:

It can not be done? If it can be done in Germany why can't it be done in Thailand? I certainly could be done.

If governments would get their thumb out and would actually do something that makes sense.

The Germans are showing that it is possible to do tests in the six figure range within weeks.

Where are the testing kits, and how many does the health dept have (64 million?)and PPE, the staff and the labs in Thailand to carry out the tests.

Please inform us of these salient facts.

1 minute ago, RJRS1301 said:

Where are the testing kits, and how many does the health dept have (64 million?)and PPE, the staff and the labs in Thailand to carry out the tests.

Please inform us of these salient facts.

Thailand has some of the finest health care in Asia, some of the most advanced labs. There is heart surgery being done in Thailand. Are you telling me they can't put labs together to do simple Covid19 tests?

Of course they could.

China is sending testing kits to Italy. Mr Anutin can't get his Chinese friends to send testing kits to Thailand? Why not?

There are billions of dollars the Thais could mobilise. It could all be done. But nobody wants to do the work is the problem.

1 hour ago, Logosone said:

I am very well informed, which is why I can guarantee you that isolating healthy non-carriers from healthy people will accomplish nothing.

Those who should be isolated are the carriers and sick. Not healthy people.

The issue is, you cannot tell who is a non symptomatic carrier for a period of up to 24 days. 

So best guess self isolation, and social distancing slows that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Logosone said:

Thailand has some of the finest health care in Asia, some of the most advanced labs. There is heart surgery being done in Thailand. Are you telling me they can't put labs together to do simple Covid19 tests?

Of course they could.

China is sending testing kits to Italy. Mr Anutin can't get his Chinese friends to send testing kits to Thailand? Why not?

There are billions of dollars the Thais could mobilise. It could all be done. But nobody wants to do the work is the problem.

Could have, should have , would have. But it has not.  The numbers are now escalating. 188 more today, that will probably increase by  up to 50% each day for the coming weeks, if the contagion follows trends in other countries.

20 minutes ago, Logosone said:

It can not be done? If it can be done in Germany why can't it be done in Thailand? I certainly could be done.

The Germans are showing that it is possible to do tests in the six figure range within weeks.

Is one reason for the meme "Amazing Thailand" how very un-German Thailand is ? I had never imagined it from that acute angle.

Of course, I had never thought of "distance from masseuse" as a yardstick for infectivity.

So much to learn !

~o:37;

7 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

The issue is, you cannot tell who is a non symptomatic carrier for a period of up to 24 days. 

So best guess self isolation, and social distancing slows that.

You can if you test them.

And not with stupid temperature scanners but proper tests.

This is not a utopian idea, Germany is doing tests in the six figure range.

It could be done here. /But because nobody is doing anything I am now without access to the softest, most exquisite and expert massage hands in SE Asia. 

This is outrageous. 

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Logosone said:

So, Thailand, having some high-end medical facilities catering to medical tourism, and an elite in-country clientele, concentrated in a few areas, could quickly create the massive-scale infrastructure build-out needed to handle a country wide pandemic ?

Throw some baht/$ at rural Issarn, and get instant 10,000 beds and respirators, 200 physicians, 1000 nurses, etc. ?

~o:37;

13 minutes ago, Logosone said:

And not with stupid temperature scanners but proper tests.

This is not a utopian idea, Germany is doing tests in the six figure range.

It could be done here. /But because nobody is doing anything I am now without access to the softest, most exquisite and expert massage hands in SE Asia. 

This is outrageous. 

How Asinine.

Bit old for the Me Generation ???

1 hour ago, JimGant said:

Saengd, you're showing your age. This group is no different than we were back in our invincible years. Sadly, they just might have a far superior foe than we ever did at that age. Meanwhile, when I watch them happily have spring break on the Florida beaches, I can only smile, with a little remorse.

Not at all. That action redefines stupidity and selfishness, we may have behaved as entitled back then but NEVER to the point of risking the lives of others.

• Like 1

A university in the UK has already shown how quickly simple and inexpensive prototypes for respirators can be assembled. Of course nurses can be trained in operating respirators. The Chinese can build covid19 hospitals in a matter of weeks. The Thais could too.

18 hours ago, FolkGuitar said:

Only the middle class and above.

The poor rarely commit suicide.

You supposedly live in a village as do I.  I've been to a number of funerals in my Tambon where villagers have committed suicide and they have all been rural poor with financial problems.  You may want to check your assumptions.  Just saying...

9 minutes ago, connda said:

You supposedly live in a village as do I.  I've been to a number of funerals in my Tambon where villagers have committed suicide and they have all been rural poor with financial problems.  You may want to check your assumptions.  Just saying...

No need. It wasn't an assumption. It's a fact

Check the numbers yourself.  I said 'rarely,' not 'never.'

Percentage-wise, it's a hard fact of life.

1 hour ago, Logosone said:

Many times people tested negative 4 or 5 times before a final positive test result.. so even then its not known.

Secondly there simply inst enough tests available, the ramping up of the provision of these as it goes exponential is one of the challenges. 

15 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

Many times people tested negative 4 or 5 times before a final positive test result.. so even then its not known.

Secondly there simply inst enough tests available, the ramping up of the provision of these as it goes exponential is one of the challenges. 

Yes, they test several times, but the test is not complicated at all and you don't need complicated 'kits'. It is basically a nasal and throat swab.

It is then sent to a lab, where they do the polymerase chain reaction, PCR. The PCR has been around for a very long time and is already used to do paternity tests and to identify genetic diseases.

This is really not rocket-science and could be done, and is done in Thailand.

7 minutes ago, Logosone said:

Yes, they test several times, but the test is not complicated at all and you don't need complicated 'kits'. It is basically a nasal and throat swab.

It is then sent to a lab, where they do the polymerase chain reaction, PCR. The PCR has been around for a very long time and is already used to do paternity tests and to identify genetic diseases.

This is really not rocket-science and could be done, and is done in Thailand.

Does the WHO know you're available and do you do consultations?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

GDP is going to suck. Hedge your THB holdings...the THB is going down, way, way down. Thailand, given its lack of decent leadership will struggle to get back to 'normal' growth after the CV issues. 

Lies and <deleted> only take a politician so far....Chawit and Prayut AND THE BIGOT ANUTIN HAVE HADE ENOUGH ROP TO HANG THEMSELVES. 

Well, well, well, well, so now the WHO agrees with me. What counts is to isolate the sick and carriers.

"What we really need to focus on is finding those who are sick, those who have the virus, and isolate them, find their contacts and isolate them," Mike Ryan said in an interview on the BBC's Andrew Marr Show."

https://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2020/03/22/world/europe/22reuters-health-coronavirus-who-ryan.html

Lockdowns will not do it. Surprise, suprise.

Well done, WHO, you finally got it.

How I hate to be right, each and every single time.

Edited by Logosone
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Logosone said:

Well, well, well, well, so now the WHO agrees with me. What counts is to isolate the sick and carriers.

"What we really need to focus on is finding those who are sick, those who have the virus, and isolate them, find their contacts and isolate them," Mike Ryan said in an interview on the BBC's Andrew Marr Show."

https://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2020/03/22/world/europe/22reuters-health-coronavirus-who-ryan.html

Lockdowns will not do it. Surprise, suprise.

Well done, WHO, you finally got it.

How I hate to be right, each and every single time.

The WHO doesn't agree with you -- it's both a lockdown *and* testing synergism that matters. Please re-read the article you quoted:

Ryan said that the examples of China, Singapore and South Korea, which coupled restrictions with rigorous measures to test every possible suspect, provided a model for Europe .... once we've suppressed the transmission [with lockdown, quarantine], we have to go after the virus.

Quarantine's the harshest form of lockdown-- but for certain situations, like cruise ship populations, after 14 days of symptom free survival, you've now got a defacto test accomplished. And, since testing kits are scarce, and results aren't instantaneous, maybe we're heading for mass quarantines... 

20 hours ago, JimGant said:

The WHO doesn't agree with you -- it's both a lockdown *and* testing synergism that matters. Please re-read the article you quoted:

Quarantine's the harshest form of lockdown-- but for certain situations, like cruise ship populations, after 14 days of symptom free survival, you've now got a defacto test accomplished. And, since testing kits are scarce, and results aren't instantaneous, maybe we're heading for mass quarantines... 

You have completely missed the point of the article.

The whole point of the article was that taking the fight to the virus is the important part, to test, find and isolate the infected.  

Those countries that are already practising what I have suggested, and what now Mike Ryan of the WHO has suggested are already doing much better than those with the strictest self-isolation:

"In any case, Germany's quarantine measures are still less strict than in Spain, France or Italy, which have all imposed drastic national lockdowns. 

One possibility for the death rate discrepancy is that Germany has been more effective at testing and finding virus cases.

German government policy is to 'do everything to find, isolate, test and treat every case' and 'locate every contact person'. "

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8141929/Why-Germanys-coronavirus-death-rate-low.html

So it is just like Mike Ryan of the WHO has said, test, test, test, then identify and isolate.

Self-isolation is not the solution. The real solution is to test, identify and isolate.

Maybe you should read the article again.

2 hours ago, Logosone said:

Self-isolation is not the solution. The real solution is to test, identify and isolate.

As there aren't enough tests and equipment to test EVERYONE in every country, 

will you agree that the next best option is self-isolation? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Logosone said:

Maybe you should read the article again.

Well, the article does say, "...coupled restrictions with rigorous measures to test..." But I guess you missed the part about 'coupled restrictions.'

But, hey, let's do it your way: test everyone, including using roadblocks to test all those freewheeling potential carriers, driving to wherever they want, including a boxing match. How about this conversation: "Howdy, sir, allow me to swab your throat. There, that was easy enough. Now, drive carefully, remember, safety first. Oh, enjoy the boxing match -- and don't forget to phone in 24 hours to get your test results. Good day."

An example Trump could love.

Testing of course is crucial, but not enough kits currently

Contact tracing and quarantine yes

Where are the ventilators for those who require them

Where do we get the contract tracers?

Where do you quarantine and feed and treat ?

Where are the supplies of PPE for those delivering treatments, monitoring and other supports?

Numbers are doubling in most countries every 3 days

Even developed nations have run out of beds and making difficult ethical decisions

Edited by RJRS1301

6 hours ago, FolkGuitar said:

As there aren't enough tests and equipment to test EVERYONE in every country, 

will you agree that the next best option is self-isolation? 

A single small German company has produced 1.4 million test kits in 4 weeks and donated them to the WHO.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/coronavirus-german-tests-develop-private-pharma-company-cdc-a9406956.html

If a single small German company can produce 1.4 million test kits in 4 weeks can you imagine what the combined industrial production might of the world could do, the US, Japan, China, Britain, France, India, etc?

The problem is that there is no alternative to testing, identifying and isolating the infected. It is the only way to defeat the virus, just hiding, just going into self-isolation will not defeat the virus. Only buy a little time. But we still need to defeat the virus, by testing, identifying and isolating.

We simply can not self-isolate forever, and even this self-isolation is an illusion, since every day people are out shopping, working, travelling. But imagine what will happen when self-isolation ends and the majority of infected were not identified? Those people will just walk around and unleash further waves of pandemic

So there is no alternative, we have to test, identify and isolate. We have to take the fight to the virus. Just hiding is not an option. Germany and SKorea showed the way. Mike Ryan is telling us, he is an expert. Why is nobody listening?

Because it is easier to do nothing. Testing, identifying and isolating is hard work. But we will not defeat the virus if we don't take the fight to the virus. Self-isolation will only buy a little time. Testing, identifying and isolating will defeat the virus. 

6 hours ago, JimGant said:

Well, the article does say, "...coupled restrictions with rigorous measures to test..." But I guess you missed the part about 'coupled restrictions.'

But, hey, let's do it your way: test everyone, including using roadblocks to test all those freewheeling potential carriers, driving to wherever they want, including a boxing match. How about this conversation: "Howdy, sir, allow me to swab your throat. There, that was easy enough. Now, drive carefully, remember, safety first. Oh, enjoy the boxing match -- and don't forget to phone in 24 hours to get your test results. Good day."

An example Trump could love.

That's actually an excellent idea. There should be mandatory testing. In regular intervals.

Good news though, a simple test has already been developed:

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/mar/18/new-rapid-covid-19-testing-kit-can-return-results-in-15-minutes-but-not-yet-available-in-australia