The United Kingdom is closed: Johnson shutters pubs and restaurants

rooster59

1 hour ago, AlexRich said:

The decision to reduce the number of tube trains was an act of madness,

people should have stopped travelling, that was the idea behind closing sations and train line routes etc.

2 hours ago, AlexRich said:

The right thing to do. The UK trajectory on deaths is higher than Italy’s at the same stage. London appears to be a hotspot. The decision to reduce the number of tube trains was an act of madness, as the carriages are now more crowded than they ever where. We are at the exponential stage of development so it’s going to get very ugly the next couple of weeks.

And number of Intensive care beds and staff determines the number of people who are going to die. Please do your research on Germany, Italy, France and Spain. 

Seems like johnson is more concerned at missing out on a pint or three, than enforcing social self-isolation to prevent the virus from spreading uncontrollably.

Beggars belief at his shallowness. Come on Sadiq - do his job, and  - for starters - close down inner London.

25 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

This ignorance and arrogance of some people in the west, mostly younger ones it seems, is disgusting. It’s not just the UK; in the US, they celebrate spring break; in Germany, they do Corona parties; and in Sydney, Bondi beach is packed. All that while in Italy they have to decide who may live and who should die. 

I’m normally against anything that restricts civil rights. But it seems the free people in the West can’t handle so much freedom. Sad. 

Agree and anyone can call me a BOF.

The younger generation

( most )  just seem to be 'I am entitled' in their attitude. I am now just answering e mails from UK  on the 'I'm going out anyway line' with 'ok by me if you're happy to kill the older generation'.

The whole thing is so much on the Monty Python's what did the Romans ever do for us?

At home we have re-discovered the box of sandwiches and flask of coffee ( bottle of wine in the cooler) and find a nice beach to sit on without a mob around us.

Maybe more should try it.

Flame me ????????????????

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, shackleton said:

I think common sense is the word I would use for people to stay at home 

Leaving the people required to carry out the Essential tasks to travel

Less people around makes the task of catching this virus a top priority

Common sense versus I am entitled may have to be enforced.

2 hours ago, bartender100 said:

What powers is he using to close pubs? can't find the answer to that

Keeps <deleted> heads @ bay ....

Goes back to the days of the plague , bring out your dead.. 

Edited by elliss