Olympics cannot go ahead, says UK Athletics chairman

rooster59

I'm sure China wants the Games to continue as planned.  Obviously, if all the Western country athletes have trouble training, due to the chinese virus, and the chinese athletes can hide away and train normally, then the big medal winner will be china.

Seems so obvious to me, and i'll bet you that china is working hard behind the scenes (by offering bags of cash to the IOC leaders) to enforce the chinese  mandate of 'the Games must go on'.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, chingmai331 said:

I'm sure China wants the Games to continue as planned.  Obviously, if all the Western country athletes have trouble training, due to the chinese virus, and the chinese athletes can hide away and train normally, then the big medal winner will be china.

Seems so obvious to me, and i'll bet you that china is working hard behind the scenes (by offering bags of cash to the IOC leaders) to enforce the chinese  mandate of 'the Games must go on'.

First you are sure. Then you say you bet. Don´t you know that there are no sure bets?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Japan should do it in a year when people might actually go and they could possibly get some economic benefit from it. It's massive money to get the olympics so they need to recoup as much as they can in these difficult times. If postponed and it goes off nearly as it would normally the games would be a powerful testament to the glory of human recovery. 

They could at least market it as such and have a lot of the world soak up some type of sappy message like that. I for one hope the Olympics are never held in the USA again. 

• Like 1

Of course the games should go on!

Japan's already spent US$26 billion preparing for it!

Think of all the corporate sponsors who have spent tens of millions, as well as the television networks in danger of losing hundreds of millions!

Oh the humanity!

1 hour ago, Iron Tongue said:

Of course the games should go on!

Japan's already spent US$26 billion preparing for it!

Think of all the corporate sponsors who have spent tens of millions, as well as the television networks in danger of losing hundreds of millions!

Oh the humanity!

This is why it should be done next year. You host it this year and nobody shows up, you lock in huge losses. There is no possible upside to holding the games this year.