Popular blogger Richard Barrow shares experience of intensive screening at Suvarnabhumi

As I posted directly on his FB page. I came through hours after him and despite coming from a 'country of ongoing infection' nothing was done. No T8, no app, no disease control office, no tracking, no request for 14 day self isolation, no ongoing point of contact... All lies..  

What I have worked out is if you exit immigration in bangkok, they are doing some things, if you transfer to chiang mai, phuket, samui etc in Swampy.. Nothing at all was done. 

• Like 2

geez, I'd be pretty stuffed arriving atm: 

- I only ever have 30 baht cash in my pocket, and the ATMs are inside of Immigration!

- my smartphone hasn't enough memory ever to load even one more App at a time, and I am sure they wouldn;t like it if I had to uninstall Maps to make room for their App.

- my smartphone camera can't shoot a focused photo at anything lass than 10 feet 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

As I posted directly on his FB page. I came through hours after him and despite coming from a 'country of ongoing infection' nothing was done. No T8, no app, no disease control office, no tracking, no request for 14 day self isolation, no ongoing point of contact... All lies..  

What I have worked out is if you exit immigration in bangkok, they are doing some things, if you transfer to chiang mai, phuket, samui etc in Swampy.. Nothing at all was done. 

Lol...exactly what my thoughts were before my trip, and that is what happened to me too. I came in from a "high risk" country, but by-passed BKK. My entire inconvenience amounted to a temperature gun to the head while in an immigration line, and filling out the usual landing card. End of story.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AlienHermit66 said:

Lol...exactly what my thoughts were before my trip, and that is what happened to me too. I came in from a "high risk" country, but by-passed BKK. My entire inconvenience amounted to a temperature gun to the head while in an immigration line, and filling out the usual landing card. End of story.

I didnt even get (visibly) temp checked until the bangkok airlines staff checked me on the final leg plane entry.. 

I see a article in the bangkok post where immigration are denying some facebook posters info (which factually matches mine and other travellers on Friday) saying it was all a miss understanding.. Yeah yeah, another word for lies.. 

No controls tracking or tracing whatsoever in the middle of a pandemic, for someone who just came from UK (and belgium / Netherlands 2 days prior). 

44 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

In the same period, Malaria, in all its forms will have killed over 300,000.  I suggest that The World needs to get a little perspective before the whole world economic and financial order is trashed forever. 

Whilst I understand and agree with some of what you say, Malaria isn't infectious, nor is it likely to kill anywhere near as many people as an out of control corona virus could.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LivinLOS said:

Where did you clear Immigration, Swampy or your end destination.

Your final destination and where you cleared Immigration is presumably where any screening should have occurred.