Popular blogger Richard Barrow shares experience of intensive screening at Suvarnabhumi

Came through last night. 5 temperature checks. Hundreds of people humped together before the immigration temperature check to install the app. About 30% could not. The ones that couldn't fill in a form.

About an hour all in all. Once you get through temperature check at immigration, there are no lines for your stamp. No health form was needed. Flew from uk through dubai.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, elcaro said:

Came through last night. 5 temperature checks. Hundreds of people humped together before the immigration temperature check to install the app. About 30% could not. The ones that couldn't fill in a form.

About an hour all in all. Once you get through temperature check at immigration, there are no lines for your stamp. No health form was needed. Flew from uk through dubai.

Will you be self isolating for 14 days?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Pilotman said:

My wife arrived back from the UK mid last week.  No health checking of any kind, bar auto temp, no questions, no advice on self isolating, just through immigration in seconds and on the way home by car. We stopped on the way home to do the shopping in Big C, Chon Buri, everything normal, no shortages   As usual people make up what they don't know and the World is full of drama Queens and B S's. Here's interesting; in the 6 months since we have known about Covid 19 it has killed 11,000 people.  In the same period, Malaria, in all its forms will have killed over 300,000.  I suggest that The World needs to get a little perspective before the whole world economic and financial order is trashed forever. 

Appreciate what you're saying, but what happens when it's killed 100M inside a year? Still only a small percentage of world populace, but still.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Why Me said:

A loser jealously tearing down a fellow farang with a high profile for their own self gratification.

Dude, if he wrote fact rather than government party puff pieces he wouldn't get any flak.

Loads of us have been through the airports in the last few days ...... this is what they look like.

IMG_20200319_154204.jpg

9 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said:

What is  missing from this is any information as to what anyone was subjected to  "before" being permitted  boarding  flights.

Siem Reap 20th March, Friday night ....... last Air Asia flight to DMK.

No temperature testing, 'where have you been in the last 2 weeks?' ........ through.

9 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I don't know why he needed to fly BKK-London-BKK lately. That's his business.

But given how poorly Immigration communicates here in English, anyone offering a clear and specific breakdown on how the arrivals process is working right now at Swampy deserves credit and appreciation, not churlish comments.

Leaving his attention whoring aside, that I view less favorably than others: The information he provided is already obsolete, as Thailand changed the rules once again.

In general, there's little value in anecdotal reports nowadays, as things literally change overnight more often than not. Even IATA has a really hard time keeping up.

Edited by Caldera
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Caldera said:
9 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I don't know why he needed to fly BKK-London-BKK lately. That's his business.

But given how poorly Immigration communicates here in English, anyone offering a clear and specific breakdown on how the arrivals process is working right now at Swampy deserves credit and appreciation, not churlish comments.

Leaving his attention whoring aside, that I view less favorably than others: The information he provided is already obsolete, as Thailand changed the rules once again.

In general, there's little value in anecdotal reports nowadays, as things literally change overnight more often than not. Even IATA has a really hard time keeping up.

Your point is thus don’t report on experiences, updates or any news because the situation will change at some point anyway?

Then why bother reading any news? because it changes anyway, right?

All your response highlights that you will argue more for the sake of argument than anything else. 

Even if the situation has evolved, the RB blog has been informative of how this is being handled when others have been saying nothing is being done. 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Where did you clear Immigration, Swampy or your end destination.

Your final destination and where you cleared Immigration is presumably where any screening should have occurred.

At the transfer desk section in swampy.. Thats how that works, you exit plane, go ciq transfer, do immigration, enter the domestic departures, fly to end point. 

Its like they forgot to implement any checking at all at the transfer desks of immigration, only the Bangkok exit. 

Edited by LivinLOS
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said:

What is  missing from this is any information as to what anyone was subjected to  "before" being permitted  boarding  flights.

The IATA guidelines are what all airlines use as the legal basis for check in staff worldwide, so everyone is on the same exact info. 

See https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/international-travel-document-news/1580226297.htm

It was updated on the 13th for the rules under which I checked in on the 19th, and further updated 20th (early hours 21st in Thailand) for the new rules. 

My check in rules were questioning if I had been to China Hong Kong, Italy or Iran.. The new check in rules are everyone must produce a COVID19 lab test and doctors clearance. Airline check in staff are firm in following IATA regulation, they have to fly you home if they fail. 

I made it by a day. 

6 hours ago, Pilotman said:

That doesn't even make sense.  I was reporting what happened, so I do know.  

You have accused people of making up what they don't know, while you don't seem to know much about this virus at all. You don't even know how long it has been around for. Malaria, like other known viruses. can be protected against with existing prophylactics but for COVID 19, there is no vaccine yet. I would suggest that you take a look at this disease more closely, to get it into perspective for yourself. Watch the footage of the poor Italian doctors and nurses struggling to save the dying in Italy. If you do, you might also wonder then if it was really necessary for your wife to travel on a plane so recently?

15 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

Richard is a great resource and a very intelligent person. i wish everyone on TV was like Richard.

but ripping everyone to shreds here is what all so many of you do best.

Absolutely right! With that, you can get many 'likes' and be very popular! Even win the POTY

LOL

On 3/21/2020 at 11:44 AM, Phuketshrew said:

I also arrived on Thursday night from Yangon and transited through to Phuket. I had no temperature check, did not complete a TM8 form, did not get asked to upload an App, and did not get asked to self isolate. The only thing they did was to take my fingerprints using a grubby fingerprint scanner with no hand sanitizer available. I had my own and regularly sanitized throughout the journey and also wore a face mask throughout. Seems tat some are taking this more seriously than others.

I noticed that Richard Barrow failed to mention immigration hygiene and finger scanners; given its importance, it seemed conspicuous by its absence.

Edited by SunsetT

Question for Richard Barrow; Did anybody ask you to show or hand over:

1. Any medical insurance documents?

2. A pathology report from the full Covid 19 test, dated less than 3 days prior to the arrival date?

Or 3. A simple medical report from a doctor in the departing county, saying 'Mr. xxxxxxx has no symptoms or Covid 19 or any other respiratory problems at xx/xx/2020, and is fit to fly. 

Appreciate your response, thanks.