Thailand reports 89 new coronavirus cases in highest daily jump

rooster59

31 minutes ago, BigC said:

China is sole to blame

This is a cop out. Even if China was fully transparent, the world response would have been just as <deleted> poor. It was horrific what happened in Wuhan, just how much worse did it need to get for authorities to take it seriously? They had a two month head start, and China still handled it better than most.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

I half jokingly suggested in another thread that there would be 1000 cases by Sunday...and suddenly I  am thinking I maybe right! ????

I see the confirmed cases in Thailand jumped nearly 50% since a day ago, now at 599.

Italy jumped from 3400 deaths yesterday morning to 4825 as we speak. In the same period the US jumped from 14,500 confirmed cases to 27,000 cases now. Deaths in China have not increased since yesterday. Either they are not reporting it, or they have beaten it. I suspect the former is true.

https://ncov2019.live/data?fbclid=IwAR3I1npxj7wavdT6EzOEKTg1hC6t5onF3q-tE1GrFjKEalryCEn0OIyB4XQ

On 3/21/2020 at 12:28 PM, Liverpoolfan said:

What, no mention of foreigners anywhere In the article??

are you sure this isn't a typo? 

Not like the health ministry to miss an opportunity to publicly blame foreigners for their own shortcomings, is it? 

Malaysia is a foreign country.. Didn t you know???????

On 3/21/2020 at 3:41 PM, ParkerN said:

Then perhaps I should acknowledge that my previous opinion of him was shaped by things other than what is really going on. Apologies if I ofended with an erroneous understanding.

Drug addicts quit using drugs??? They did not have many choices...quit or being killed. If you ask the many thousand families who lost someone at the hands of cops or vigilantes ( cops off duty on motorcycle ) I am pretty sure their opinion of Duterte will not be one of a good president.

Duterte is just about to be accused of genocide...the case has been filed at the International Court.

Posts containing unattributed content have been removed, please provide a valid link to the source of information when posting:

18) Social Media content is not to be used as  source material unless it is from a recognized or approved news media source,  the source of any such material (Twitter, Facebook  etc.) should always be shown

8 hours ago, Kadilo said:

I left my partners village yesterday after spending 2 weeks there and pretty much as you say. You would be struggling to know there is a world crisis going on about to land on their doorstep. I dont know if it’s a case of don’t care or dont really understand. 

I sat down with them all before I left and tried to explain what’s going on in the world and what’s likely to happen on Thailand soon but I think they just see it as something that is happening in BKK and will stay there. 

People drop dead in the sticks all the time. My wife's aunt kicked the bucket suddenly without warning last June. Undiagnosed high blood pressure and sudden stroke was the guess. Funeral was a couple of days later and everybody went on like usual. They are used to it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BigC said:

China needs to fit the bill and take responsibility  for this or biy cott all products from China 

This is down to the Chinese  covering it up.

They won't do anything. Now is the golden opportunity to cut them off from the rest of the world and let the commies join their spiritual buddies, North Korea. 

3 hours ago, dieter1 said:

I think also Singapore is very successful at this aspect.

Difficult to take that as a positive, its like saying half of Bangkok has done ok, the rest of the country  - Malaysia! in this instance has done atrocious.

Thanks Mom, yes I am a messy guy, but I feel very fortunate to have a basement

with its own toilet, and am aware that not all people have such an arrangement.

I am also thankful to have other family members that go shopping, and even

cook my meals. I am very glad to have a laptop and stable connection to my

media sources, so I can keep up with the news.

Geezer

5 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Thanks Mom, yes I am a messy guy, but I feel very fortunate to have a basement

with its own toilet, and am aware that not all people have such an arrangement.

I am also thankful to have other family members that go shopping, and even

cook my meals. I am very glad to have a laptop and stable connection to my

media sources, so I can keep up with the news.

Geezer

I hope you have a tissue box with your laptop. ????

On 3/21/2020 at 2:45 PM, Swimfan said:

No need they all just touched the same railing, door handle etc that an infected person touched. Then probably touched their face or ate with their hands. 
The best defense is hand hygiene and keeping your hands away from your face. 

I ride bicycle while wearing gloves. I simply don't take them off until I get home and throw them into the dirty clothes bin. Respirator style mask and ever-present gloves discourage touching mouth and nose. Wipe my nose with back of gloves. I'll probably get the virus anyway.

Edited by MaxYakov

One statistic to bear in mind is that the mortality rate is under 1% in countries which had time to prepare before infections began.

Countries that didn't get hit until mid-March seem to be able to get care where it is needed, even places which are not usually thought of as having great medical services - Romania, Russia, Pakistan. Czech Republic has only 1 death from 1120 infections, and Estonia has 0 deaths from 326 infections.

Those that got hit before they were ready, such as Italy, Spain and Iran are way up the chart.

There are exceptions, such as Indonesia, which has been unable to halt mortality. I hope that Thailand is better prepared.

https://corona.help

Edited by RickBradford
Link added

3 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

Two strains of the new coronavirus are spreading around the world

Read more: https://www.newscientist.com/article/2236544-coronavirus-are-there-two-strains-and-is-one-more-deadly/#ixzz6HXBkEu6d

That's an old report. RNA viruses mutate all the time, there are quite a few strains now: https://nextstrain.org/ncov 

I have Lysol wipes that are used on all things that I touch, I wear rubber gloves

when I handle anything, like getting my meals, which are delivered in a cardboard box.

We are all trying to keep everybody in the house healthy.

Good luck to you all in Thailand.

Geezer

On 3/21/2020 at 1:28 PM, Liverpoolfan said:

What, no mention of foreigners anywhere In the article??

are you sure this isn't a typo? 

Not like the health ministry to miss an opportunity to publicly blame foreigners for their own shortcomings, is it? 

Coming soon.????

Edited by Laughing Gravy

On 3/22/2020 at 5:17 PM, DrTuner said:

They won't do anything. Now is the golden opportunity to cut them off from the rest of the world and let the commies join their spiritual buddies, North Korea. 

Yes time to isolated  china as if they don't exist 

I an very suspicious  if China now 

Cannot prove  they released nthis on purporse cannot prove they didn't  

But seens like they did  try to supress it and for this they must be held accountable 

On 3/24/2020 at 4:20 PM, BigC said:

But seens like they did  try to supress it and for this they must be held accountable 

.. and yet their response was still better than much of the rest of the world. That makes it hard to hold them to account.