Thailand reports 89 new coronavirus cases in highest daily jump

rooster59

2 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Many cannot.

And it does not matter many places are closed and I bet that gets extended with the rising cases.

No work or money to even afford their Soi Buakhow 2 to 3,000 b a month box.

Going home gives them a basically free place to stay and less expensive rural life.

They can then transmit the virus to elderley relatives and the immune compromised. 

Of course, many think the 411 are the total number of Thai cases -- but it only means that 411 have been tested and proven positive!

627 deaths in Italy in the last 24 hours, UK, Germany, France, and Spain have over 3,000 cases each (that have been tested!) -- so if any think Thailand has only 411 must be deluded!  Either that or the Thais are super-human and super-fit -- hundreds of thousands of Chinese tourists and very few of them transmitted the virus to Thailand?

All restaurants, bars, clubs, cinemas, theatres all shut down in the UK and most of Europe now -- but Thailand restricts closures to Bangkok!

An Italian neuro surgeon working in ICU this morning said: ''Don't think what is happening here won't happen to you. Shut down everything. Stop people travelling.''

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dogmatix said:

I am also sure the numbers would show a spike that in cases of and deaths from viral pneumonia and dengue.

Interesting, and possibly true. If it were true, what should we conclude about medical heath in Thailand?

3 hours ago, Denim said:

The holidays themselves should be deferred and people discouraged from traveling home to visit elderly relatives.

The current venue shut-down is giving the people a chance to go home... the Songkran national holiday was being mentioned as a possible target for postponement.

Most Thai in the entertainment industry will use this closure until the end of the month to go home.

pm looks like he lost some weight. Had some strong antivirals himself?

i dont trust the number in the slightest.

i havent been out of the house/properrty for almost 2 months apart from picking people up and such but never getting out of the vehicle and not on purpose just because im busy doing my own stuff. I Live in a rural area on a big property but went in to town today with my mask in my pocket because i wasnt near anyone but people saw me and started to gossip and get away from me so fast. So dam racist. Funny thing is i have probably lived here longer than most of those people. I aint chinese and they are more likely to give it to me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

the seperate outbreaks are becoming noticeable now:

https://covidtracker.5lab.co/en

As I have said before it's only as good as it is by the information they are provided with by the government.

That said the guy from the village the other day that came back from the boxing stadium who tested positive, has now miraculously been tested again and is negative, his family is in home quarantine and he has been taken to Sakon Nakhon where apparently there are 7 others who are infected, so why take him to Sakon Nakhon if he isn't infected.

Nothing on the radar showing people infected in Sakon Nakhon is there.

Now before Yinn comes to the rescue, this is from Thai's talking in the village, so I am not spreading lies and I would think Thai's no what is going on, two deaths in a local hospital from it as well, but only 1 death in Thailand, right, now how hard would it be to sign it those deaths off as Pneumonia or something else ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Canuck1966 said:

I'd love to interrogate the causes of death in Thailand in the last few months.

Make some nice pivots tables and pretty graphs.

I think lung infections and pneumonia would be quite prevalent

Sure, I reckon the number of corona cases jumped in reality up to thousands. 

But Prayut's reality is different ????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, outsider said:

The second wave is upon Thailand. And I read in BKK Post yesterday that Jatujak Market remains open, regardless? How is stupidity like this possible??? Look at neighbouring Malaysia. They weren't exactly doing a 'Thai-style mai phen rai' and they're still screwed. What are right bunch of morons, you lot.

Majority of cases in Malaysia stemmed from religious event that has also seen spike in Singapore of people returning from and also a number of the cases in Thailand where people returning from it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, smedly said:

How did this spread to so many people attending this boxing event ?

all from possibly one person ?

I find that hard to believe - were they all touching each other 

It's transmitted by breathing as well and as you see the boxing stadiums are a hot packed sweaty sauna mess , there's your answer .

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RtotheC said:

The amount of people with  ooronavirus hasnt increased, just the availability of testing. The truth is there has probably been lots and lots of undiagnosed cases since december. 

I think the truth is there has been a lot of lying involved.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RtotheC said:

The amount of people with  ooronavirus hasnt increased, just the availability of testing. The truth is there has probably been lots and lots of undiagnosed cases since december. 

All the statistics give the number of confirmed cases, however people with symptoms have not been walking around undetected since December. They get sick and seek help as the symptoms can be quite nasty. The asymptomatic people are the real dangerous ones - school kids in particular, that may never become sick.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ian Nagle said:

And .....   1 death.

They must think we are morons 

In the modern world, a world of universal connectivity and constant change, ignorance makes you stupid.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

It seems that the number of recovered patients has been stuck at 44 for some time and only one death while new cases are confirmed every day. In other countries all three numbers normally rise daily.

But:...

Thais know better.

And don't forget. Proof of the superiority of what Thais think is their unique gene pool depends on anomalous behaviour among Thais of a world-wide disease when applied to Thais.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

15 minutes ago, justin case said:

in case you would say no farang

the super SPREADER at the boxing station seem to be the presenter DAENE = (half farang) AUSTRALIAN !!!!

There was a program dedicated to the “super spreader” last night on one of the channels. 

Maybe.... just maybe the government is doing the right thing by fudging numbers.

Maybe they know Thai will panic and lynch Farangs.

Personally I am sending a thank you note to Prayuth and Anutin.

1 hour ago, malibukid said:

safer here. California is going to become a grave yard

As the mayor of NYC stated a few days ago - look at the bright side - time to enjoy some time with your families.

And in the same time we could read in the "Not named" newspaper that TAT hope that Chinese toutists will start to come back within 2 to 4 weeks. But there will be a change now TAT say. The tourists would have higher  demands on cleaning and hygiene. So we have to learn that from China.

Please give me a rest. Must be first time in world history one have even get the thought to learn about cleaning and hygiene from China.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, ParkerN said:

I'm beginning to see your POV. Not that my opinion really matters of course, but perhaps the overwhelmingly negative view of Duterte has been largely caused by the war on drugs. Giving the finger to the Americans is a positive move though... One which will increasingly become  the norm. Go Donny!

I just thought this might interest you. This gives you an idea of Duterte's dedication. He went out to a checkpoint in the north of Manila at 4am to help some stranded people. This is really going above and beyond his duty... He's 75 years old next week, and not in the best of health.

https://untvweb.com/news/duterte-inspects-valenzuela-caloocan-checkpoint-lets-stranded-passengers-pass/

Edited by tropo