BANGKOK
bbi1

Azithromycin, Chloroquine & Hydroxychloroquine

I've stocked up on zinc, multivitamins and paracetamol, taking the two former as I write, the latter if fever develops.

IMO taking any other medication without medical oversight would be playing Russian Roulette.

• Like 1

On 3/24/2020 at 6:14 PM, Aforek said:

I took nivaquine ( chloroquine ) twelve years when I lived in Africa, no problems but it was for ...malaria; here , we speak of covid 19

Usually it's taken once a week for malaria prophylaxis, whereas in covid-19 the dose is twice a day so the toxicity is very high. 

On 3/21/2020 at 12:25 PM, gargamon said:

Stop listening to Trump. Azithromycin is an antibiotic. Covid-19 is a virus. The other two are unproven as of yet with only anecdotal evidence. Wait for real testing. If you like, stockpile some but don't take any. The other drug refimivir (something like that) that they hoped worked has failed tests.

Best bet, get a pneumonia vaccination. its pneumonia that kills them so that's what you really need to stop.

You need to do some research. Azithromycin is a n antibiotic yes but it is there if one gets pneumonia from the virus weakening the body.  This combo has been used with claims of success in other countries as well as by the French doctor.  Trump has nothing to do with the development of this treatment which could potentially save lives or would you rather they die to make a political statement?

• Like 1

https://pagesix.com/2020/03/22/daniel-dae-kim-anti-malarial-drug-secret-weapon-in-my-coronavirus-recovery/

This guy was prescribed Tamiflu, Azithromycin and Hrdrochloroquine....by his doctor.....not Trump.

He also had to use some sort of nasal decongestant spray.

I wouldn't recommend you blindly follow his lead.

But if you have no choice....I know what I would do.

so lets say it is a month from now and the whole medical system has crashed in Thailand.

try as you might, you still get very sick with the Chinaflu :clap2:and you finally see a doctor and he says sorry your lungs have not crashed yet but your really sick and we are out of one thing that might possible help you that is short supply right now. Chloroquine.

you can go on google right now and read about it:

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/coronavirus/new-york-starts-new-experimental-drug-therapies-to-treat-covid-19-heres-what-we-know/2341931/

https://www.thecardiologyadvisor.com/home/topics/practice-management/fda-studies-underway-to-evaluate-chloroquine-for-covid-19/

https://www.kgw.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/oregon-veterans-home-doctor-using-combination-of-drugs-to-treat-covid-19/283-6a054e1b-b56c-4650-b318-a1d05c716cc5

And lets say you had a full unused dose sitting around your house from your cancelled trip to Myanmar last year.

Do you A.) Die.

or         B.) Start chompin' down those pills?       

I bought both Azithromycin and Chloroquine jic. Would have purcahsed the less toxic version, but my overtstay + visa run to Laos put me a few days behind the curve. 

Bottom line: from a common sense perspective, I'd rather have it and not need it (or need to try it), vs need it and not have access to it. THe cost is minimal. Kinda a no-brainer from my POV....

Edited by idiot farang
  • Like 1

The government in France has accepted the use of chloroquine yesterday, in hospitals

I think because situation is urgent

there are now experiences in different european countries with several medecines, results in two weeks