Corona virus Bankruat Buriram

mick220675

8 minutes ago, johng said:

Did he have one to sell to you ?

No, he gave me a mask and told me to go to a pharmacy and get masks and hand gel, we did.

We called at a restaurant and was told the police have told restaurants can only supply take away food from today. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mick220675 said:

No, he gave me a mask and told me to go to a pharmacy and get masks and hand gel, we did.

Sold out of masks down here in Pattaya/Jomtien...none of the Russians are wearing them whilst sunning themself on the beach ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Longchop said:

I see the entertainment area at Jomtien night market packed with hundreds of customers every night drinking dancing to the DJ and having a great time and not a mask in sight. 

How are they even still open. I thought all bars were shut. 

• Sad 1

23 hours ago, Longchop said:

I see the entertainment area at Jomtien night market packed with hundreds of customers every night drinking dancing to the DJ and having a great time and not a mask in sight. 

Were they all Russians..................... they don't seen to give a <deleted>.

Edited by metisdead
Profanity removed.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just at  my local Big C to get a few groceries. I was amazed at the mask wearing compliance of customers. Almost 100% including farangs (myself included).

Who wasn't wearing them? Mostly the staff in the fish, meat and poultry preparation area. I think I saw 1 wearing. Such a contrast. Ok, I am reasonably certain they have been tested but Anutin going on about us dirty farang not wearing masks and here are people preparing and packing food for the public to eat. If a farang was doing that imagine the outcry.  TiT.

• Like 2

what's still the excitement about the mask wearing? Urgent education is needed in this country. Alcohol gel?

Simply wash your hands proper, do avoid touching your face, stay at least 1 meter away from people and stop gathering around groups of people. As much as possible STAY AT HOME... its as simple as that!

• Thanks 2

On 3/21/2020 at 2:39 PM, johng said:

Sold out of masks down here in Pattaya/Jomtien...none of the Russians are wearing them whilst sunning themself on the beach ????

Have you visited every pharmacy in Pattaya/Jomtien? I have a hard time believing that. There are hundreds of pharmacies. 

1 hour ago, mick220675 said:

Our village government speaker system informed the village a neighbouring village 2km away has a possible case. The whole village is now wearing masks.

I live 18km south east of Bankruat, if it is hear it must be all over Thailand. Its time to take it very serious no matter how remote your home is.

Everyone is in a panic because they equate catching Covid-19 to a death sentence - which it is not.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Can only blame the local authorities who let the annual fair proceed for over 10 days. An absolute cesspool with people coming from all over the place, and congregating for the stupid parade. I'm fairly peed off with the wife whom I begged not go, to no avail: "Love, there's no report here. Guess she remains Thai. Just hope we've all had it.

To wear a mask or not.  There is a vast 'cultural' difference between the west and east.

In the west, people are discouraged from wearing masks as being next to useless and causing shortages of masks for health workers.

In the east, the situation is the opposite.  Wearing of masks is not only encouraged but stigmatised if you're not wearing one.

In the first group, the west, lots of evidence is shown proving that not only are masks unnecessary, they can actually be detrimental to your safety.

In the east, although there is no evidence supporting wearing a mask, the attitude is "Just because there's no evidence, that's not a good reason for not wearing a mask!"

Source:https://time.com/5799964/coronavirus-face-mask-asia-us/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/21/2020 at 2:52 PM, Longchop said:

And now they load the busses and bring to isaan 

1 hour ago, Snackbar said:

Seems laymen know better than the World Health Organisation.

Is that the same World Health Organization that is headed by a Chinese sycophant? The same one that told all countries not to close borders? The one and the same that said Wuhan Virus was not a pandemic? ad infintum

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/21/2020 at 3:52 PM, Longchop said:

yes I see on FB every day but not allowed to post a link here.

18 minutes ago, toolpush said:

Is that the same World Health Organization that is headed by a Chinese sycophant? The same one that told all countries not to close borders? The one and the same that said Wuhan Virus was not a pandemic? ad infintum

WHO chief is Ethiopian

WHO urges countries not to close borders to foreigners travelling from China 3/2/2020

No such thing as Wuhan Virus

WHO confirms pandemic 11/3/2020

????

• Like 1