Smokers and Covid-19: Regular cigarette and e-cigarette users face 5,000 fine for lighting up in public

rooster59

We came here because of the "strange" rules and all that.  But now we are suckers to the system and being used like a rented mule.   I hate smokers, but this is a rather hard addiction.  If I see farang smoke, I report them.  jk.  

yea, we aren't wanted anymore and we will get no sympathy from anyone.  i'm glad i decided not to retire here, and, as we know, you get what you pay for.  

i just have a bad feeling things are going to get much worse.  My gut says all farangs will need some special COVID test every year for 30,000 baht.  stuff like that....more monitoring.  less rights.  and if the economy tanks I need to worry about my bank account.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Youlike said:

Chiang mai is in or near the top 10 of most polluted cities worldwide, so the virus must be happy to spread there...i bet the air in italy is far far cleaner than in chiang mai.

The COVID-19 virus can 'hitch a ride' on a smoke particle. If there is a little breeze the virus can travel a long way (maybe miles) before it finds a new host. This is why Chiang Mai people are so sick.

I'm not so knowledgeable about e-ciggies; so can't comment. Used to smoke myself but gave it up in 1976,

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1