BANGKOK
hadock

in case you catch Covid19 what are the next steps

Hello,

since a few days i feel fatigue, having difficulties to breath, coughing a little,  feel kind of hot, today first time temperature is above 37 degree.

Nothing really serious for now, but start to think about if i catch something. If symptoms becoming more worse, i just want to be prepared and want to know

how to handle this.

What will be the best way, any advice? Make some test first, or talk with a doctor at the hospital first. What will be the satndard procedure?

Any suggestions for a hospital? I life lower Suk Rd in BKK. I am a patient since many years at the St. Louis Hospital in BKK.

But not sure if this will be the right place for covid19 treatment.

Thank you for any information....

you WAIT until YOU find it hard  to breath, you stay away from ANYONE and if it  gets  bad get to hospital  FAST, 80%  of  people recover ok WITHOUT  hospital treatment. 17% need a  hospital 3% die, these are the figures I  have read  from a few  sources ( NONE of  which are  Thai sources)

• Like 2

I would suggest calling the hospital for advice before going, we're not in the stay at home and wait it out stage in Thailand yet so they are still doing contact tracing etc but I think those days are numbered.

Here in Hua Hin they have checks outside the main building to filter out cases that don't fit the symptoms properly.

Do update us on what happens at the hospital and get well soon!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Chazar said:

you WAIT until YOU find it hard  to breath, you stay away from ANYONE and if it  gets  bad get to hospital  FAST, 80%  of  people recover ok WITHOUT  hospital treatment. 17% need a  hospital 3% die, these are the figures I  have read  from a few  sources ( NONE of  which are  Thai sources)

Yes do this. Also best to follow your country's advice, in the UK it's a case of self isolating until symptoms go or get to the point you can't breath.

Op, you probably don't have Corona, it's a fever and\or persistent cough. You don't have either so relax

Edited by scubascuba3

Call your hospital - tell them your symptoms. 

Ask them if they have Covid-19 tests available, if so, ask them if you can come in for a test. 

There’s no point going to a hospital that doesn’t have the Covid-19 test available so check that first before heading anywhere. 

Of course, getting to the hospital becomes a problem (unless you can drive there yourself) because you are potentially exposing others (if you are indeed +ve of Covid-19). 

Another concern is your age: If you are over 55 and / or have any other underlying health conditions take this very seriously and don’t wait for fully blown symptoms. 

If under 55 and don’t have any underlying health conditions you may be able to ride out what could just be a cold. If respsiratory symptoms are show, get checked. 

That would be my layman’s take - but they best thing to do is contact your hospital. 

3 hours ago, unsubscribe said:

hydoxychloroquine

This is Bangkok will be very difficult to find.

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Also best to follow your country's advice

I  wouldnt  follow  Thailands  advice, its  erratic and often wrong especially when spouted by  a  govt minister. The internet is  available to  many and good  information is there if  you can read  English, even then google  translate can help

17 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Ask them if they have Covid-19 tests available, if so, ask them if you can come in for a test. 

There’s no point going to a hospital that doesn’t have the Covid-19 test available so check that first before heading anywhere. 

Of course, getting to the hospital becomes a problem (unless you can drive there yourself) because you are potentially exposing others (if you are indeed +ve of Covid-19). 

Another concern is your age: If you are over 55 and / or have any other underlying health conditions take this very seriously and don’t wait for fully blown symptoms. 

If under 55 and don’t have any underlying health conditions you may be able to ride out what could just be a cold. If respsiratory symptoms are show, get checked. 

That would be my layman’s take - but they best thing to do is contact your hospital. 

ask if the hospital has   room available for you which I  suspect will soon be a  really big  problem. Keep  your vehicles  full of  fuel and make sure you have some CASH

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, ukrules said:

I would suggest calling the hospital for advice before going

be advised  phone lines  may well be overloaded and you get no answers................later

I have  an air ticket  booked for May 31st Air  France sent an instant  reply to my   email saying they were incredibly  busy and  a  reply would be delayed, it  took them 8  days to finally  reply

Also be advised that THAIS  seem to think the doctor or  hospital is the answer to even the most pointless trivial injury and think they MUST see a  doctor etc when its  totally unnecessary, they also  like to give them a big  bag of unnecessary  pills

Edited by Chazar

once I find it hard to breath I may consider giving up the ciggies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Drive thru tests now started I saw but in BKK  only as  far as I know, theyve  had these in the Uk for a  while,  no need to exit vehicle

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

once I find it hard to breath I may consider giving up the ciggies.

you probably wont  have to as smokers   will have a  much higher chance of death anyway if they get this with their already reduced lung capacity

Edited by Chazar
  • Sad 1