in case you catch Covid19 what are the next steps

hadock

Hello,

since a few days i feel fatigue, having difficulties to breath, coughing a little,  feel kind of hot, today first time temperature is above 37 degree.

Nothing really serious for now, but start to think about if i catch something. If symptoms becoming more worse, i just want to be prepared and want to know

how to handle this.

What will be the best way, any advice? Make some test first, or talk with a doctor at the hospital first. What will be the satndard procedure?

Any suggestions for a hospital? I life lower Suk Rd in BKK. I am a patient since many years at the St. Louis Hospital in BKK.

But not sure if this will be the right place for covid19 treatment.

Thank you for any information....

you WAIT until YOU find it hard  to breath, you stay away from ANYONE and if it  gets  bad get to hospital  FAST, 80%  of  people recover ok WITHOUT  hospital treatment. 17% need a  hospital 3% die, these are the figures I  have read  from a few  sources ( NONE of  which are  Thai sources)

• Like 2

I would suggest calling the hospital for advice before going, we're not in the stay at home and wait it out stage in Thailand yet so they are still doing contact tracing etc but I think those days are numbered.

Here in Hua Hin they have checks outside the main building to filter out cases that don't fit the symptoms properly.

Do update us on what happens at the hospital and get well soon!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chazar said:

you WAIT until YOU find it hard  to breath, you stay away from ANYONE and if it  gets  bad get to hospital  FAST, 80%  of  people recover ok WITHOUT  hospital treatment. 17% need a  hospital 3% die, these are the figures I  have read  from a few  sources ( NONE of  which are  Thai sources)

Yes do this. Also best to follow your country's advice, in the UK it's a case of self isolating until symptoms go or get to the point you can't breath.

Op, you probably don't have Corona, it's a fever and\or persistent cough. You don't have either so relax

Edited by scubascuba3

Call your hospital - tell them your symptoms. 

Ask them if they have Covid-19 tests available, if so, ask them if you can come in for a test. 

There’s no point going to a hospital that doesn’t have the Covid-19 test available so check that first before heading anywhere. 

Of course, getting to the hospital becomes a problem (unless you can drive there yourself) because you are potentially exposing others (if you are indeed +ve of Covid-19). 

Another concern is your age: If you are over 55 and / or have any other underlying health conditions take this very seriously and don’t wait for fully blown symptoms. 

If under 55 and don’t have any underlying health conditions you may be able to ride out what could just be a cold. If respsiratory symptoms are show, get checked. 

That would be my layman’s take - but they best thing to do is contact your hospital. 

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Also best to follow your country's advice

I  wouldnt  follow  Thailands  advice, its  erratic and often wrong especially when spouted by  a  govt minister. The internet is  available to  many and good  information is there if  you can read  English, even then google  translate can help

17 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Ask them if they have Covid-19 tests available, if so, ask them if you can come in for a test. 

There’s no point going to a hospital that doesn’t have the Covid-19 test available so check that first before heading anywhere. 

Of course, getting to the hospital becomes a problem (unless you can drive there yourself) because you are potentially exposing others (if you are indeed +ve of Covid-19). 

Another concern is your age: If you are over 55 and / or have any other underlying health conditions take this very seriously and don’t wait for fully blown symptoms. 

If under 55 and don’t have any underlying health conditions you may be able to ride out what could just be a cold. If respsiratory symptoms are show, get checked. 

That would be my layman’s take - but they best thing to do is contact your hospital. 

ask if the hospital has   room available for you which I  suspect will soon be a  really big  problem. Keep  your vehicles  full of  fuel and make sure you have some CASH

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ukrules said:

I would suggest calling the hospital for advice before going

be advised  phone lines  may well be overloaded and you get no answers................later

I have  an air ticket  booked for May 31st Air  France sent an instant  reply to my   email saying they were incredibly  busy and  a  reply would be delayed, it  took them 8  days to finally  reply

Also be advised that THAIS  seem to think the doctor or  hospital is the answer to even the most pointless trivial injury and think they MUST see a  doctor etc when its  totally unnecessary, they also  like to give them a big  bag of unnecessary  pills

Edited by Chazar

29 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Drive thru tests now started I saw but in BKK  only as  far as I know, theyve  had these in the Uk for a  while,  no need to exit vehicle

18 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

once I find it hard to breath I may consider giving up the ciggies.

you probably wont  have to as smokers   will have a  much higher chance of death anyway if they get this with their already reduced lung capacity

Edited by Chazar
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

This is Bangkok will be very difficult to find.

Hydroxychloroquine is used to treat malaria and arthritis. I think it's easy to find even without prescription. Chloroquine is similar but more toxix for the liver. I would meet a doctor before trying to self-medicate... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

Hydroxychloroquine is used to treat malaria and arthritis. I think it's easy to find even without prescription. Chloroquine is similar but more toxix for the liver. I would meet a doctor before trying to self-medicate... 

I know exactly what it is. How many people get malaria in Bangkok? Further, this in regard to medicine to treat malaria it's long been considered ineffective. Especially against fulciparium malaria (brain). It's a struggle locating duaifenisen. That's OTC in USA.

8 minutes ago, Chazar said:

you probably wont  have to as smokers   will have a  much higher chance of death anyway if they get this with there already reduced lung capacity

Great news, not keen to give them up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

I know exactly what it is. How many people get malaria in Bangkok? Further, this in regard to medicine to treat malaria it's long been considered ineffective. Especially against fulciparium malaria (brain). It's a struggle locating duaifenisen. That's OTC in USA.

We are talking about COVID-19: https://www.mediterranee-infection.com/hydroxychloroquine-and-azithromycin-as-a-treatment-of-covid-19/

I suspect more peoples in Bangkok have malaria than in the US. Some users already reported purchasing hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine (can't remember which one) without prescription. Not sure if true, I did not try to get any. Not sure why you try to compare what you can get in USA vs Bangkok. You can also buy antibiotics OTC in Bangkok and can't in the US. 

Edited by Tayaout

25 minutes ago, Chazar said:

ask if the hospital has   room available for you which I  suspect will soon be a  really big  problem. Keep  your vehicles  full of  fuel and make sure you have some CASH

hasn't LOS as yet begun to follow the new World predetermind path; of traders being coerced (soon Ordered) to refuse receiving Cash?

11 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Great news, not keen to give them up.

indeed  in which case.........buy  more????or......smoke em two  at  a  time....or   one up each nostril and one in yer  mouth?

Edited by Chazar

2 minutes ago, tifino said:

hasn't LOS as yet begun to follow the new World predetermind path; of traders being coerced (soon Ordered) to refuse receiving Cash?

I  think youll find if <deleted> really hits the fan Thais  will totally  ignore that advice

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chazar said:

indeed  in which case.........buy  more????

Been thinking I should get on the panic and hysteria bandwagon and go grab a hundred sleeves or so just in case.

Prolly get a few pallets of beer delivered as well.

Edited by Don Mega

2 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

We are talking about COVID-19: https://www.mediterranee-infection.com/hydroxychloroquine-and-azithromycin-as-a-treatment-of-covid-19/

I suspect more peoples in Bangkok have malaria than in the US. Some users already reported purchasing hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine (can't remember which one) without prescription. Not sure if true, I did not try to get any. Not sure why you try to compare what you can get in USA vs Bangkok. You can also buy antibiotics OTC in Bangkok and can't in the US. 

No one in Bangkok gets malaria friend. This medicine will only be available in hospitals and it's probably in short supply as it's ancient and ineffective. It's really only said to possibly be any good against malaria in Africa.

I've spent a good amount of time in Bangkok over the decades. I'm married. I've had 3000 students over the years. I even travel to remote parts of South Thailand and know well the rangers in many parks. I've not heard of one case of malaria. It's all up on the northern fringes and jungles. Not in terminal 21.

2 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

No one in Bangkok gets malaria friend. This medicine will only be available in hospitals and it's probably in short supply as it's ancient and ineffective. It's really only said to possibly be any good against malaria in Africa.

I've spent a good amount of time in Bangkok over the decades. I'm married. I've had 3000 students over the years. I even travel to remote parts of South Thailand and know well the rangers in many parks. I've not heard of one case of malaria. It's all up on the northern fringes and jungles. Not in terminal 21.

There is malaria in Thailand. Not in Bangkok but in the hill and jungle. There is definitely peoples who have malaria that live in Bangkok but did not catch it in Bangkok. Anyway, some poster said they bought this medecine without prescription maybe they are lying. Hard to tell without trying to get any. 

in case you catch Covid19 what are the next steps

Lay down and relax, at the same time as you think about Clint Eastwood and approx. 3 % death rate as well as 97 % chance of survival. You just have to ask yourself. Do you feel lucky, punk?

2 hours ago, Tayaout said:

I bought some, going back to get more as not really enough now I found out the dosage, see a Dr? what for he would probably look it up on Google anyway, that actually happened last time I went to the local clinic.

On 3/22/2020 at 10:05 AM, Sheryl said:

If you are experiencing difficulty breathing you must go to a hospital now. This is true regardless of what is causing it and there are many possible causes, not just COVID. Heart problems, asthma and other respiratory diseases, regular influenza to name a few.

Wear a mask when you go and enter through the Emergency Room.

St Louis is a good choice. If you need something they can't provide they will refer you.

Most people with COVID will not experience difficulty breathing and will have just a minor illness. These can remain at home. being careful to remain isolated from others.  It is if difficulty breathing develops that hospitalization becomes necessary.

Do NOT try to self medicate with unproven treatments being spouted on this forum an elsewhere, you may do yourself more harm than good.

Thank you.It occurs to me that there are many resident foreigners in Bangkok who are a little hazy about what to do in they experience COVID like symptoms.Most will I suspect isolate themselves from their family to the extent possible and wait a week or more until they improve (one assumes the great majority) or deteriorate.In the event of the latter - and it will probably be rather difficult by then, they will go to hospital.Good to know about St Louis but I seem to remember reading that Bumrungrad won't accept COVID patients.If so I wonder if that's general policy for the major hospitals.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2020 at 2:07 AM, unsubscribe said:
  • I will find a doctor that who prescribe me hydoxychloroquine and azithromycin (hopefully... many pharmacies sold out already in the states).
  • I will load up on zinc, vitamin c, vitamin d and get plenty of rest.
  • I will monitor my sp02 levels with the oxygen monitor I purchased and if it dips in the low 90's I will call my local hospital and ask to visit.

hello, do you know if Nivaquine Chloroquine and Plaqueril Hydroxychloroquine, are they available in Thai hospital ? thanks.