BANGKOK
roaming2019

Travelling to Thailand in april from US

I already have the visa and a ticket to travel to bangkok in April from usa.   

with recent thai requirement  for medical certificate  / insurance   want to know how anybody in my situation are considering .  

please sharing 

I have a Kaiser medical insurance -   Does Kaiser provide the medical certificate  and insurance  as required by thai government 

3571520.png

My question is. Where does a American get tested for the virus and then find a doctor that is willing to give you the correct paper work? What insurance company provides insurance for the virus? It seems to me that any Americans considering traveling to or just trying to get home. Are SCREWED!

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, timendres said:

My advice - cancel that trip and plan it for later in the year, if possible. The situation is utterly unpredictable, and you are coming at the worst possible time. That said, I am not sure what evidence the Thai immigration will require in terms of insurance, and you need to double check that Kaiser Permanente will cover both the travel insurance, as well as COVID insurance acquired during travel. As for the medical certificate, that will assume that you can get a proper test within your time frame. Furthermore, there is some talk that Thailand will simply shutdown all tourist entries for some period of time.

Is there a way to get a free voucher or refund  ?

I do see this option - 

https://www.cheapoair.com/flights/coronavirus-alert

to get a future credit .   

Edited by roaming2019
got the answer

5 minutes ago, roaming2019 said:

Is there a way to get a free voucher or refund  ?

I do see this option - 

https://www.cheapoair.com/flights/coronavirus-alert

to get a future credit .   

You need to call the airline that your ticket it booked with, or visit their website, to see their specific policy. Many airlines are attempting to be reasonable, because they will need to bootstrap travel once this pandemic settles down.

• Thanks 1

This is the post referring to the potential closure to tourists. I would say it is not likely to happen, but I would not want to be trying to travel at this time:

• Thanks 1

Cancel and come when all this blows over. Totally crazy for people to be booking a holiday

• Like 2

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

Cancel and come when all this blows over. Totally crazy for people to be booking a holiday

I booked it in early Feb

I was planning on returning, more or less permanently around May 1.

Everything is ready insurance, visa doc prep been waiting to reserve an air ticket thankfully

I am stuck here in the US. Dire, terrible situation.

Thailand will be a better place overall to wait this out. Now wish I pulled the plug last year.

There is no way to board with these requirements, why Thailand does this instead of just announcing a ban

like other countries is strange. Must be a face-saving gesture to stay some interest group. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

1 minute ago, VIPinLanna said:

I was planning on returning, more or less permanently around May 1.

Everything is ready insurance, visa doc prep been waiting to reserve an air ticket thankfully

I am stuck here in the US. Dire, terrible situation.

Thailand will be a better place overall to wait this out. Now wish I pulled the plug last year.

There is no way to board with these requirements, why Thailand does this instead of just announcing a ban

like other countries is strange. Must be a face-saving gesture to stay some interest group. 

How did you manage to get this insurance stuff ?

4 hours ago, roaming2019 said:

I have a Kaiser medical insurance -   Does Kaiser provide the medical certificate  and insurance  as required by thai government 

Uh.

Maybe call Kaiser and ask.

• Thanks 1