Travelling to Thailand in april from US

roaming2019

1 hour ago, Canuck1966 said:

Remember one thing and one thing only ,and it's something that every single Thai person believes and lives their whole life based on

Thailand is for Thai people ONLY

When the excrement splatters the Hatari, you will see what happens, and depending how bad it gets, it could get very ugly for Non Thais

I guess you have never seen the colour of Thailand?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:

My question is. Where does a American get tested for the virus and then find a doctor that is willing to give you the correct paper work? What insurance company provides insurance for the virus? It seems to me that any Americans considering traveling to or just trying to get home. Are SCREWED!

Almost unbelievably, in many places and American can NOT get tested.  Some cities and states are only allowing testing with an appointment, and to get an appointment to test you must have a note from your doctor, and you must list why and where and to whom you were in contact with a person that had the virus.  All very hard to do.  And in New York City today I believe the announcement was they would only test people that had symptoms!  

The problem with the test, is it is basically useless for a test to travel. If you do get tested on Monday at 10 AM, you will not get the results back at 11 Am and many hours or days may go by before you travel.  And in that time interval you may come into contact with hundreds of people. 

6 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:

My question is. Where does a American get tested for the virus and then find a doctor that is willing to give you the correct paper work? What insurance company provides insurance for the virus? It seems to me that any Americans considering traveling to or just trying to get home. Are SCREWED!

Even if one is rich, there might not be enough testing kit around to test within that short window frame.

Getting a virus test is more difficult than to get an insurance against COVID.

COVID testing kits are as rare as masks right now.

Edited by EricTh

5 hours ago, roaming2019 said:

I booked it in early Feb

Ask for a refund from the airline, if they can't do it, at least change the date to a future date like July when the situation improve.

Edited by EricTh
  • Thanks 1

Looks like the proposal for insurance and Covid-19 examination have become reality. 

THAILAND - published 20.03.2020
Items 1 and 2 are effective 00:00 local time 22 March 2020:
1. Nationals of Thailand must have a 'FIT TO FLY' medical certificate issued by a Thai Embassy or Consular.
2. All passengers other than nationals of Thailand must have:
- a Health Certificate and Lab Test COVID-19 to prove they are free from Coronavirus (COVID-19). The Health Certificate and Lab Test COVID-19 must be valid for not more than 72 hours prior to departure, and
- a medical insurance with coverage of 100,000 USD.

https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/international-travel-document-news/1580226297.htm

44 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

The OP will not be  flying to Thailand in April. 

One needs a scheduled passenger flight to accomplish that.

I expect that we will be living in a different world come the month of April.

the way it is going  I do believe as well that  it is going to be a different world -

• 4 months later...

What is the time frame for visa exempt allowed? I want to come in then transfer to retirement based on banked funds 800,000 baht.

I will do quarantine 2 weeks no problem, prefer doing it in Chiang Mai. Will there be direct international flights by high season?

Gotta get out of this madhouse country..

9 minutes ago, VIPinLanna said:

What is the time frame for visa exempt allowed? I want to come in then transfer to retirement based on banked funds 800,000 baht.

I will do quarantine 2 weeks no problem, prefer doing it in Chiang Mai. Will there be direct international flights by high season?

Gotta get out of this madhouse country..

There is a very defined group of foreigners being allowed in... you will need to contact your embassy to find out if you qualify... they will have all the info you need. Currently there is no visa exempt being allowed.

On 7/30/2020 at 11:27 AM, Tounge Thaied said:

There is a very defined group of foreigners being allowed in... you will need to contact your embassy to find out if you qualify... they will have all the info you need. Currently there is no visa exempt being allowed.

My embassy cant help about the entry requirements to Thai, the website is updated infrequently. i

The are nice enough people if you manage to get an appointment but they only help us citizens in very limited ways, such as affidavits,

certificates of residence, and other functions, like passport applcations, Any  real information from expats on the ground in the Kingdom?

Perhaps elite card? 

11 hours ago, VIPinLanna said:

My embassy cant help about the entry requirements to Thai, the website is updated infrequently. i

The are nice enough people if you manage to get an appointment but they only help us citizens in very limited ways, such as affidavits,

certificates of residence, and other functions, like passport applcations, Any  real information from expats on the ground in the Kingdom?

Perhaps elite card? 

1. With "my embassy" do you mean the embassy of the country of which you are a national and if so, your embassy in what country?
  2. With "entry requirements to Thai", do you mean entry requirements to Thailand?
  3. With "expats on the ground in the Kingdom", do mean "expats in Thailand?

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/5/2020 at 6:25 AM, Puccini said:
  1. With "my embassy" do you mean the embassy of the country of which you are a national and if so, your embassy in what country?
  2. With "entry requirements to Thai", do you mean entry requirements to Thailand?
  3. With "expats on the ground in the Kingdom", do mean "expats in Thailand?
  1. I mean the Embassy of the USA in Thailand.
  2. Pedantics
  3. More explicit and tiresome pedantics.

Perhaps if you have nothing valuable to add please refrain from posting OK?

There are many helpful people here, I WOULD like to hear from them not the grammar police please!