BANGKOK
Crossy

Are the DIY places shut down too?

Before venturing out into the big bad corona infected world in search of some screws does anyone know if the DIY places are actually operating?

EDIT Bangkok and nearby provinces affected by the shutdown order.

Our local places are operating pretty much as normal.  But we are not in or near any "hot" zones.

• Like 1

Here in Ban Chang Rayong Mega Home and Thaiwatsadu were open as of yesterday,,,,,,,,,

why not buy screws off online shopping sites E.G LAZADA??

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, essox essox said:

Because it is DIY? 😋

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, essox essox said:

Reading between the lines I reckon  Crossy wants to venture out and buy today....Lazada would be useless for that.

In saying that, I did actually look for screws there during the week for an up coming project and found the selection to be very poor..... I grabbed some from Hardware House instead.

Edited by Don Mega
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Crossy said:

Bangkok and nearby provinces affected by the shutdown order.

the question is how far out does the shutdown zone extend?

is there a map?

are you going to be asked why you are out? groceries and pharmacies shopping only.

Edited by NCC1701A

There's no map per-sé - shutdown affects Bangkok itself plus Samut Prakarn, Samut Sakhon, Nakhon Pathom, Nonthaburi and Pathumthani (which is us). https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1155043-neighbouring-provinces-follow-bangkok-in-closing-many-public-outlets/

The list of places not permitted to open seems to include "retail outlets" which in my mind would include the DIY places, anyone actually know?

For us it's somewhat academic, I found something suitable in the "assorted bits" box 🙂

12 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Reading between the lines I reckon  Crossy wants to venture out and buy today....Lazada would be useless for that.

In saying that, I did actually look for screws there during the week for an up coming project and found the selection to be very poor..... I grabbed some from Hardware House instead.

Have you checked out the Mr. D.I.Y. outlets yet? There's more screws there than you can get on Soi 6 in December.

• Haha 2

The virus will never be contained while people are still "just popping out for some screws" !!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NanLaew said:

Have you checked out the Mr. D.I.Y. outlets yet? There's more screws there than you can get on Soi 6 in December.

No why ?... Ive purchased what I need at Hardwarehouse.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

When China closed it's factories to upgrade pollution controls, just couldn't get screws in AUSTRALIA. So being screwed with no screws could effect here this time as well. 

1 minute ago, carlyai said:

When China closed it's factories to upgrade pollution controls, just couldn't get screws in AUSTRALIA. So being screwed with no screws could effect here this time as well. 

luckily hardwarehouse here in Thailand has a fantastic selection available.