BANGKOK
Crossy

Are the DIY places shut down too?

Chiang Mai Global House is closed as of last night (Sunday). Online orders are being processed but the store(s) are closed we were told.

"Thai logic" in many cases is really f-d up. I wish it wasn't but there you go. 

On 3/22/2020 at 10:20 AM, VocalNeal said:

Because it is DIY? 😋

Buying on Lazada is DIY !

Friends have told me that the Global House Store, Do Home, Home Hub, Thai Watsadu are closed today in Udon Thani. In Buriram today Solar panels were delivered to Ruangsangthai. The on line orders often bought on the Lazada store front for Ruangsangthai has hit records every day. Tesco in Satuk was closed today due to an incident.  It is day by day, store by store in my observation. If I was planning a building project for April I would consider shopping today in person or on line from stores that would deliver in a timely basis. I bought a new fridge at Buriram Homepro on last Friday evening and they pushed up the delivery date to 7pm on this past Sunday. Some stores seem to make the effort to deliver on a reasonable schedule. 

Ruangsangthai shipping tools pumps lawn mowers March 24.jpg

Buriram isaan Solar Panels Shipment March 24 2020.jpg

• Like 1

I am told that the Buriram Global House Store and the Buriram Thai Watsadu Builders Merchants are closed today. Mr. Pichai the owner of Ruangsangthai Home Builders Merchants in Buriram told me this morning that he has been in contact several times a day with respective Buriram Government officials. His store is OPEN Wednesday March 25 and his water pump, power tool repair teams are busy helping critical need customers. He said the hardware Store remaining open is on a "day by day" basis and that he hopes that he can find a way to safely repair or install water pumps, generators and hot water heaters going forward. The virus is a serious issue and many buildings depend on running water. 

Buriram Deep Well Water Pumps March 25 Delivery Thailand.jpg

• Like 1

On 3/22/2020 at 2:37 PM, cornishcarlos said:

The virus will never be contained while people are still "just popping out for some screws" !!

Nice try Don but your message is too complicated ... try ... 

"Popping out for screws? You're screwed!"

in Oz, Bunnings (everywhere hardware store) are open as providing an ''essential" service ... people gotta paint during lockdown.

Predictably many Bunnings cleaned out of any edible plants, bags of soil and digging implements.

Thailand you are way ahead of the curve here. While many Thais will return to home village and help with the food-growing, there is a real prospect of Australians beating each other to death with their new digging implements when they read the labels and find out their edible plants will take a few years to fruit. The soil will come in handy to dispose of the evidence though.

• Haha 2

we went to global house on the weekend, business as usual then in Surat Thani, naturally masks were a necessity

As far as I am aware the big DIY stores are open, but the small local hardware stores are mostly still open everywhere!

45 minutes ago, JimShortz said:

As far as I am aware the big DIY stores are open, but the small local hardware stores are mostly still open everywhere!

Things might change for the worse starting tomorrow March 26. 

This all come very unfortunate.

One of the transparency rooftop wavy plates went into pieces and now a gaping hole gives me a great sky view.

All fine, the heat in the roof is going out that way.

We happy.

Until it is gonna start raining...

@Metropolitan  Our local builder's merchants are open so you should be able to get a replacement tile, whether you can get someone to go up and replace it may be another thing.

• Like 1

April 5th most places open in Pattaya, Bang Saray & Sattahib. Almost have to keep them open. In Thailand it is an essential business since everything is always breaking....even if it is brand new.

In Ayutthaya Home mart and Global House still open.

A week ago I went to Homemart for supplies for my diy project ( don’t ask 😞) they had a drive thru operating but it was a shambles so went to Global House, business as usual in there, got my stuff and went home.

Yesterday, realising I needed some more stuff to complete the job ( lifetime career would be more accurate ) shot off to Global House, staff in the car park informed us “ online” only . Back at home checked online, they didn’t have what I need ( despite buying the same in their store a week ago ). After a bit of a moan to the gf she said “ take a photo I will send on Line “

Then it clicked, staff were saying “ on Line “ not “ online “ 🤨, so after ordering and paying went back to collect from the loading bay round the back.

Also drove past Homemart who now are operating as normal !!

Soo, DIY stores are still open near me only they are unsure how to keep them open !!