Are the DIY places shut down too?

Crossy

53 minutes ago, kamalabob2 said:

They were offering 1 liter bottles of Benzakonium Chloride 80%

That is an extremely dangerous product in that concentration.

Most important symptoms and effects, both acute and delayed

Severe skin and eye irritation or burns
Causes eye damage
May cause an allergic skin reaction
May cause allergy or asthma symptoms or breathing difficulties if inhaled Causes digestive (gastrointestinal) tract irritation
May cause gastrointestinal (digestive) tract burns Central nervous system depression
Central nervous system effects

skin contact

Wash off immediately with soap and plenty of water. Remove all contaminated clothes and shoes. Continue flushing with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes. Immediate medical attention is required. Call a physician or Poison Control Centre immediately.

It does not function on viruses only bacteria and the concentration should be around 0.2%. 

an idea hand sanitiser for bacteria is 0.2% BK, 1.45% glycerin balance is water in a foaming dispenser.

Benzakonium Chloride 0.2% added to a 70% ethyl or isopropyl alcohol 28.53% water 1.45% glycerin in a spray bottle sanitiser may be better than if you leave out the BK.

Yes I do have it and I definitely take all the safety measures making my own hand sanitiser with it.

Chiang Rai, ThaiWatsadu, HomePro and Global house all open. Not many customers.

I really don't understand how the social distancing at checkouts and at banks is going to work, because if I go to the daily food market in Chiang Rai, it's cheek by jowl.

3 hours ago, kamalabob2 said:

Sometime Woodworker. Thanks for the heads up on the strength of that product. I will re consider my use of that cleaning product. 

It isn’t really a good cleaner once diluted it is effective against bacteria mould and fungi. It is like many other substances, H2SOis a liquid that when pure is much more dangerous but you probably are near some in every vehicle, you have to treat them with respect and care. 

in a solution of, I think, around 1% maybe even the 0.2% of hand sanitiser it does (I am told) a good job on concrete killing mould and algae and at that dilution it is reasonably safe, more so than most other products, and not very toxic.

So long sleeves, gloves, a disposable syringe, for measuring  and it is a safe product to use.

Went for a ride today, checking up around Nonthaburi (Chaengwattana/Ngamwongwan/SriSaman)

Thai Wasadu, closed at the front with barricade and a table. A guy from TaiWasadu sitting here gave me a flyer, they are open again on the 13th.

HomePro, half open, for picking up orders done online or on site.

Local merchants 30% open and 70% closed.

• Like 1

I'm back in the US in Sarasota Florida, and although it has nothing to do with openings in Thailand the situation here is Trumpian abnormal".  Home Depot is open with a long line outside they are only letting a predetermined number in the store at one time, one out the next one goes in.  Lowe's has no entry restrictions only 6' separation lines painted on the floor at checkout.  Harbor freight has no restrictions and Ace hardware is closed with online ordering and curbside pickup.  99% pf the restaurants are closed for entry but have telephone and internet ordering and delivery or pickup.  All of the fast food places only have drive through.

And then there's the government.  The governor of Florida is talking about opening the schools after Easter and Trump wants to let the country reopen due to the failing economy.  I couldn't go into the bank even to open an account since I told them that I had been out of the country in the last 14 days so, at the anger of the people in line, I opened one at the drive through window.   It goes on and on with over 1/2 a million infected and over 18k deaths as I am typing with far too many tests available.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wayned said:

It goes on and on with over 1/2 a million infected and over 18k deaths as I am typing with far too many tests available.

The real numbers are more likely to be 5 million infected and maybe 25k deaths 

A study by disease modelers at the University of Texas at Austin states that "Given the low testing rates throughout the country, we assume that 1 in 10 cases are tested and reported. 

An estimated additional 180 - 195 deaths per day occurring at home in New York City due to COVID-19 are not being counted in the official figures. "Early on in this crisis we were able to swab people who died at home, and thus got a coronavirus reading. But those days are long gone. We simply don't have the testing capacity for the large numbers dying at home. Now only those few who had a test confirmation *before* dying are marked as victims of coronavirus on their death certificate. This almost certainly means we are undercounting the total number of victims of this pandemic," said Mark Levine, Chair of New York City Council health committee

4ADFB44B-B164-4C2D-8997-DE5AB77757D6.jpeg.9988c7456c2ed3919f6552b6200771f9.jpeg

Edited by sometimewoodworker

Today Buriram Builders Merchants Ruangsangthai had over 200 employees repairing tools, lawn mowers and water pumps, selling all manner of home building materials and over 45 delivery trucks on the road. I spoke with Miss Dao who understands and speaks Thai, German and English. Moses Lopez speaks English, Spanish and Thai. There is no Songkran holiday break for the stores in Buriram including HomePro which had all departments open today. Both the Buriram HomePro and Buriram Ruangsangthai had monitors at the front door for temperature and masks. 

Moses and Miss Daw Songkran 2020.jpg

• Like 1

On 4/9/2020 at 10:01 PM, Metropolitian said:

A guy from TaiWasadu sitting here gave me a flyer, they are open again on the 13th.

They are 'half-open', you have to add them in your Line application and there you can fill in your request list and they come back to you with an invoice offer, after agreement they will set up the order for you to collect at the location.

Likely the same as HomePro already did last week.