Acceptable Degrees

My question is in regards to the open univercity, online degrees/cources programs from home.

On completion of a selected degree,would this be as acceptable as a degree which was obtained on campus to use as part of your wp requirements?

Cheers

Yes! Open uni degrees are 100% legit!

They are also offered through the same uni you would attend if you were to study on campus.

Im also considering doing a open uni Australia degree, if my current study plan changes.

Problem with most open Uni degrees is they only offer a limited number of courses, but the degree is totally legit and accepted. Open Uni does not issue the degree, the degree comes from the actuall uni offering the course, you can also attend a grad ceremony if you want. Its a good option for un-qualified teachers ans it doesnt cost to much more than studying an Intl program in a Thai uni, but your open uni degree would be far more accepted world wide, especially from a developed country.

Yes! Open uni degrees are 100% legit!

They are also offered through the same uni you would attend if you were to study on campus.

Im also considering doing a open uni Australia degree, if my current study plan changes.

Problem with most open Uni degrees is they only offer a limited number of courses, but the degree is totally legit and accepted. Open Uni does not issue the degree, the degree comes from the actuall uni offering the course, you can also attend a grad ceremony if you want. Its a good option for un-qualified teachers ans it doesnt cost to much more than studying an Intl program in a Thai uni, but your open uni degree would be far more accepted world wide, especially from a developed country.

Yes,i notice that the number of available cources are few,im looking at what degree would be beneficial to a teaching career if any?

Do you know of the fees/durations etc,

The Australian one looks good because the Degree is issued from an Australian Uni, Im not sure about the UK system though. Open Uni australia is made up of about 10 unis, however, im not sure about the UK system.

To get a BA (Macquaire Uni BA Arts, major in Hostiry and Politics) this is proalby the most relevant teaching degree they offer, it can be used to be a high school teacher in Australia and Macquarie is a top Uni, #7 in Oz and ranked I think about #82 in the world. You need 24 credits (courses to graduate) the good thing is, there a 4 study periods per year, each one is 13 weeks. You can study a maximun of 4 courses per study period. So if you study hard, full time, you do 4 courses per study period, you will finish you degree is 1.5 years! Not bad! 4x6=24 credits! 6 study periods is 1.5 years. You can however take up to 10 years to finish, but the option is there to rush, if thats your intentions. A business degree would proably return more money to you, but if you only plan to use it to get legale here, the Macquarie BA Arts would be the one. its also cheaper than the business courses. $595 AUD per credit x 24 = you do the math! But if you are an international student you pay about $195 per credit more. If you fail, you pay again. You can study from anywhere in the world. You may need to sit exams at an approved location. www.open.edu.au

Thats all I know, but im considering doing it, slowely of course, but the option is there to rush if you find you have more free time or whatever.

Edited by aussiestyle1983

The Australian one looks good because the Degree is issued from an Australian Uni, Im not sure about the UK system though. Open Uni australia is made up of about 10 unis, however, im not sure about the UK system.

To get a BA (Macquaire Uni BA Arts, major in Hostiry and Politics) this is proalby the most relevant teaching degree they offer, it can be used to be a high school teacher in Australia and Macquarie is a top Uni, #7 in Oz and ranked I think about #82 in the world. You need 24 credits (courses to graduate) the good thing is, there a 4 study periods per year, each one is 13 weeks. You can study a maximun of 4 courses per study period. So if you study hard, full time, you do 4 courses per study period, you will finish you degree is 1.5 years! Not bad! 4x6=24 credits! 6 study periods is 1.5 years. You can however take up to 10 years to finish, but the option is there to rush, if thats your intentions. A business degree would proably return more money to you, but if you only plan to use it to get legale here, the Macquarie BA Arts would be the one. its also cheaper than the business courses. $595 AUD per credit x 24 = you do the math! But if you are an international student you pay about $195 per credit more. If you fail, you pay again. You can study from anywhere in the world. You may need to sit exams at an approved location. www.open.edu.au

Thats all I know, but im considering doing it, slowely of course, but the option is there to rush if you find you have more free time or whatever.

Great info,ill look into it more

cheers

I'm not sure if they are the same as what has been mentioned above, but most Unis now offer many of their courses and units in external mode. I did a lot of my BA (History & Politics) this way, mainly because I was working full-time and couldn't attend on campus. Every semester they'd send me a bag of cassettes and readings to work through. They probably deliver a lot of the content thru the web now. (I'm doing a Masters internally at the moment and the external students get the lectures etc thru a program called WEBCT).

I used to do 2 units at a time though its a lot of effort particularly if you're working as well. Its not any easier than attending on campus and you get a normal degree on completion - exactly the same as other graduates. I would recommend doing it internally if you can though - more peer interaction, access to tutors etc.

Do a search of the Uni websites for external course and units - heaps of social sciences, computing, business etc are available.

This advertisement is currently on davescafe.com, they offer a " verified degree" in English to applicants without a degree. Personally, I find this a little questionable (risky), however it maybe legitimate.

Full-Time Teaching in Thailand

Posted By: APEC English <[email protected]>

Date: Wednesday, 4 April 2007, at 10:37 a.m.

Are you looking to Live and Work in Thailand?

We are looking for qualified English Teachers for many positions in Thailand. The positions are available in and outside Bangkok.

Jobs are available in:-

• The North of Thailand which is surrounded with pristine natural resources of mountains, waterfalls, and other nature-based tourist attractions.

• The East of Thailand which integrates the delights of beach resorts, city-like dining, shopping and night entertainment facilities with assorted hotels, thousands of shops, restaurants and bars.

• The Northeast of Thailand which has fascinating traditions, charming hospitality, splendid natural scenery and awesome historical sites.

• The South of Thailand which includes breathtaking islands and beautiful beaches along the coast as well as awe-inspiring inland limestone- topped mountains.

• Bangkok is a modern, exciting and sophisticated international city. Bangkok offers visitors the opportunity to experience fascinating glimpses of Thailand's gentle the bustle of a great and dynamic metropolis.

All the positions offer you monthly salary between 30,000 ¡V 33,000 baht/month. Plus Travel Insurance. Plus the bonus that you may choose between 8,000-10,000 baht, or a package trip to go to Phuket, or Chiangmai for 3 days 2 nights when you complete the contract. The contract duration is between 10-12 months. Teachers will be assisted with the Work Permit and Teacher License. Curriculum provided.

Apply now! ¡¥Live the Dream¡¨ and Work in Thailand. Work permit, Bonus, Insurance provided.

No Degree? APEC University will award suitable Native English Speakers a verified Bachelor of Arts (major in English). Apply for details. Please send your resume/ CV or please feel free to contact us for further information.

Email: [email protected] or [email protected]

Phone: 085-121-9635 (Ms. Nutt), 081-421-0500 (Ms. Thee),

089-137-6139 (Mr. George)

www.apecenglish.com

Return to Index | Read

• 2 weeks later...
I'm not sure if they are the same as what has been mentioned above, but most Unis now offer many of their courses and units in external mode. I did a lot of my BA (History & Politics) this way, mainly because I was working full-time and couldn't attend on campus. Every semester they'd send me a bag of cassettes and readings to work through. They probably deliver a lot of the content thru the web now. (I'm doing a Masters internally at the moment and the external students get the lectures etc thru a program called WEBCT).

I used to do 2 units at a time though its a lot of effort particularly if you're working as well. Its not any easier than attending on campus and you get a normal degree on completion - exactly the same as other graduates. I would recommend doing it internally if you can though - more peer interaction, access to tutors etc.

Do a search of the Uni websites for external course and units - heaps of social sciences, computing, business etc are available.

I just sent you a PM Sporting Dog.

I am planing on starting a BA History & Politics through Open Uni Australia, and since you did that major and have experience studying via external mode, I would just like some opinions from you about what was involved etc.

I am now having second thoughts about doing a MEd (TESOL) and considering doing the BA instead, because the courses and study periods are more flexable.