TAT believes tourists will return to Pattaya in May

Rimmer

1 hour ago, david555 said:

Sure …. with al those requirements as corona free health certificate and the 100 000 USD insurance (3 000 000 baht …) from all  ?

You can almost be sure that these requirements will be waived for their new friends from China pretty soon.
But wait: What happens if their new friends don't act that friendly and issue a travel warning for Thailand since a deadly virus is raging there?

• Like 2

Considering that most nations' actions have perpetuated an economic crisis - even if the "all clear" has been given for the virus it may take a considerable amount of time before tourism numbers pick up again. 

• Like 1

Great news! 

My birthday is in May and I had a wild party planned in Pattaya. Had actually cancelled it, but will now let my friends coming from Europe know, that we are going ahead with the party. I am sure they will be happy and ready to come. Thank you TAT! 

Also great to know that this virus thing will be over very soon. Thailand is truly a fantastic country.

Edited by khunpa
  • Haha 1

In my opinion there arent any safe spots in 2020 . After 2020 , beginning of 2021 i hope a vaccin is ready so then massive vaccination can start and it will start to get safe . As for tourism , it won't be back in May of this y for sure . I got a very very faint hope i can go holiday beginning of June ( but the hope is not more then 5% ) . I think if nrs are going down big by then , which i expect , then i think summer holidays will be very limited possible . By limited i think borders will still be shut in most countries , but you can go out again and shops might be open again . By september or october , if nrs do not shoot up , then it is released a bit more , with borders opening to certain countries . All is about the nrs coming in ... Thailand may want the tourists coming back , but stating the Covid test ( not a chance in Europe ) , and insurance ( might be possible ) , it simple isnt possible , even if the country let yourself go ( which isnt the case right now ) .

• Like 1

In that main photo only one person is wearing a mask and most of the people are less than 30 cm from each other and not the recommended 2 metres. All jammed together in a room and just right for one Covid-19 carrier ti infect the lot.

IF the travel restrictions and lock downs ease AND some of the flights currently suspended start being re-instated, there is a chance, tourists will start to trickle back by May. However, there won't be hoards of them. Coming back to Pattaya after you've lost your job as a result of this situation isn't exactly a priority. People based in the region and Thai based expats may start coming back in small numbers, but masses of tourists likely won't return until at least the end of the year.

6 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Even I would go to Pattaya if they had any good bands on and Thailand do have one or two, not as good as this Japanese one from Kyoto though, they are world class

I clicked on the link but it won't play. I copied the playback ID and it opened in YouTube straight away. I think that it was a fantastic display and incredibly well done.

• Like 1