TAT believes tourists will return to Pattaya in May

Rimmer

52 minutes ago, sezze said:

In my opinion there arent any safe spots in 2020 . After 2020 , beginning of 2021 i hope a vaccin is ready so then massive vaccination can start and it will start to get safe . As for tourism , it won't be back in May of this y for sure . I got a very very faint hope i can go holiday beginning of June ( but the hope is not more then 5% ) . I think if nrs are going down big by then , which i expect , then i think summer holidays will be very limited possible . By limited i think borders will still be shut in most countries , but you can go out again and shops might be open again . By september or october , if nrs do not shoot up , then it is released a bit more , with borders opening to certain countries . All is about the nrs coming in ... Thailand may want the tourists coming back , but stating the Covid test ( not a chance in Europe ) , and insurance ( might be possible ) , it simple isnt possible , even if the country let yourself go ( which isnt the case right now ) .

Mass vaccination? Doesn't present a very optimistic picture as you're basically implying mandatory vaccination, which will turn off a lot of travelers not to mention civil libertarians. Then again, I have predicted this scenario for years and the media have been talking about it recently too so these are obviously not your own thoughts.

Anyway, at this stage, borders with neighboring countries are to be shut for 2-4 weeks...the economy wouldn't be able to take the economic hit of a 6 month closure.

Borders have already been shut nearly everywhere around the world.

Shops in Bangkok to re-open on April 13 at this stage.

China already slowly getting back to normal...this is where we should be looking for some hope. I wonder whether the constant temperature scans, mask wearing and use of a tracking app (all of which are basically mandatory in China right now) will continue indefinitely. I think there is a distinct possibility they will.

Anyway, let's stop with the speculations...I'm going by what official sources have stated as of today. If the situation changes in 2 weeks time, we can re-evaluate it then.

The numbers catching it will not drop until the numbers immune to it start to reduce the numbers of transmissions, as it stands at this time figures are doubling every 5 days and the UK is two weeks behind Italy, and Thailand a few days behind the UK.

I expect the UK to peak in second week of May unless Boris's brainstorming measures slow it down. 

7 hours ago, Basil B said:

The numbers catching it will not drop until the numbers immune to it start to reduce the numbers of transmissions, as it stands at this time figures are doubling every 5 days and the UK is two weeks behind Italy, and Thailand a few days behind the UK.

I expect the UK to peak in second week of May unless Boris's brainstorming measures slow it down. 

Thailand is behind no one it has been here since the Wuhan tourists arrived months ago... they just haven't been reporting.

• Like 1

if think that this virus has something like a two months spinning span.

the number of the people this virus will infect and / or kill depands on various factors,

like quality lockdown, mass testing and efficient isolation of the infected.

so yes, i guess she is right, in may it will all go away,

and first place that all thos equality tourists will go will be pattaya, because you know why.

• Like 1

I was hoping to spend at least 90 days there this year originally going late April after Songkran.  Assuming travel from the USA is possible, the next question is what will be the Thai entry requirements?  If a SETV need some sort of insurance?  Need some sort of Embassy letter? Need some sort of Medical certificate?  One of the original beauty and attractiveness of Thailand to me was the ease of traveling there.  Visa exempt on arrival, etc.  That worked well for me as my contract jobs stop and end often with little notice so any sort of advance travel planning was very hard to do.  Nothing to do but keep working and wait and see what happens.

• Like 2

Anutin will be at the airport to greet them.  Having killed off the Western tourist trade by explaining how dirty and smelly they are, he will open his arms to greet the people who started it.

Baht is the bottom line.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Rimmer said:

Pinnart Charoenpol, director of the Tourism Authority of Thailand’s Pattaya office, said March 13 that she believes the coronavirus pandemic crisis that is shutting down most of the world will ease enough that people tourists start returning to Thailand in May or June.

It's been a pleasant couple of weeks without the daily T.A.T drivel... now they come out with this?

Seriously deluded!

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Rimmer said:

PATTAYA:--Call it optimism or wishful thinking, but Pattaya tourism officials believe things will get better for the industry in May.

I cannot comprehend their way of thinking; at first I thought they were being optimistic but I realise they are all suffering from Misty-Optic, and are unable to see the future with any amount of sensibility ..........LOL 

• Like 1

Nice but wishful thinking.  With the requirements recently established for foreigners to enter Thailand there will be no tourists for some time.  Just the health insurance requirement of $100,000 USD covering the corona virus will prevent holiday travelers from coming to Thailand.  I agree with posters predicting April/May 2021 or much later.  Until things within Thailand return to normal operation there will be no tourists from any where.  What is left for them to door see if they did come? 

• Like 1

Why these idiots of TAT can't shut up for couple of months and keep their comments of situation by themselves. How to think about in may things have changed. In may Thailand may experience the break even of infection rate.  Do they think western and eastern people maybehave nothing more to do after their turn down of life and visit Thailand???? why why 

• Thanks 1

Lol. Do they believe in Santa Claus too? 

It could be worse in May.

I’m quite adventurous and I’m not leaving Thailand for awhile.

The Thai authorities have to get real with the people. Stop actions in terms of weeks and say indefinitely.

Stop this ???? and get real!