TAT believes tourists will return to Pattaya in May

Rimmer

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

It's been a pleasant couple of weeks without the daily T.A.T drivel... now they come out with this?

Seriously deluded!

It's been a pleasant couple weeks without the daily TAT: TVF drivel. It's back in full-throated glory. Lots more old farts stuck at their keyboards now I guess. ????

Edited by BigStar

46 minutes ago, BigStar said:

It's been a pleasant couple weeks without the daily TAT: TVF drivel. It's back in full-throated glory. Lots more old farts stuck at their keyboards now I guess.

Yourself excluded of course?

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

I was hoping to spend at least 90 days there this year originally going late April after Songkran.  Assuming travel from the USA is possible, the next question is what will be the Thai entry requirements?  If a SETV need some sort of insurance?  Need some sort of Embassy letter? Need some sort of Medical certificate?  One of the original beauty and attractiveness of Thailand to me was the ease of traveling there.  Visa exempt on arrival, etc.  That worked well for me as my contract jobs stop and end often with little notice so any sort of advance travel planning was very hard to do.  Nothing to do but keep working and wait and see what happens.

I don't think anyone has even a reasonable idea and even less the posters on TVF.

To get a reasonable idea look to the west, Italy. UK, USA and see how they are getting on and then double or triple that time to apply to Thailand. The government routinely lies and then you have ministers, deputies and even the PM if he wakes up all saying different things and cancelling each others proclamations with no one defined person in charge.

It is a cross between the Keystone Cops and Fred Karno's barmy army, but both of them were at least professionals and did a good job.

• Thanks 2

Where is Phipat? Hes been a bit quiet since announcing the situation will be back to normal by Songkran.

Actually, forget that. Thailand is better at present without his words and the same goes for TAT and every other over-optimistic tourism department here.

• Like 2

These idiots don't see that the world economy is on the brink. It will take years to recover if ever. Most see the need for self reliance in some manufacturing sectors and tourism will be deeply restructured. Right now these clowns only make noise with their mouths.

On 3/22/2020 at 5:15 AM, colinneil said:

Look at the photo the woman at Pinnarts side says it all, gawd when will she stop spouting BS.:cheesy:????

I rather fancy this lady  .............

sultry, graceful and  ............................. :)

• Haha 1

I don't think the numbers from before will ever return to Pattaya. I am not saying it is dead, but it is these kind of business interruptions that make people reconsider their goals. 
The coronavirus fear will have a longterm impact on tourism in Pattaya.  Girls that work in bars will most likely have found themselves someone that can support them while at home and they will be afraid of the farang as well.