Boosting our immune systems to resist the virus -- what might help and what doesn't?

Jingthing

Lot of research done years ago on Zinc, does work and vit D3 apart from that I don't believe the garlic/honey/amulet stuff, I take Vit C as well but no evidence it is effective. Also take B12 as not eaten any dead animals or fish for nearly 50 years. not heard of K2 is that potassium? you need it for the D3 to work, but I eat loads of nuts and it's in those

Edited by Orton Rd
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, wasabi said:

I also do nasal saline irrigation a few times a day.

Do you use a Neti pot?

The other day I saw a widget in the pharmacy that one puts on the end of a hypodermic syringe and then stick up one's nose.  

Klean_Kare.jpg

3 minutes ago, thecyclist said:

Lowering chronic inflammation in your body will help your immune system. Not proven, but some studies indicate thst Turmeric /Curcumin will hely with that. Healthy teeth and gums are important. And a wide variety of different fruit, veggies and nuts. Sugar is poison. So is alcohol, but that is one poison I can't do without. 

I've been taking turmeric supplements for many years but thanks for mentioning that in this context. I hadn't thought of that.

34 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

Do you use a Neti pot?

The other day I saw a widget in the pharmacy that one puts on the end of a hypodermic syringe and then stick up one's nose.  

Klean_Kare.jpg

No, I always use those big bottles of Saline Solution actually made by Klean & Kare but not explicitly stated for the nose. If it is only saline solution it can be used in the nose even if it says for contact lens cleaning. Definitely important to use sterile water. I have been doing this almost 10 years so I am confident it is safe.

Edited by wasabi

3 minutes ago, Canuck1966 said:

There's fresh air and then there's fresh air!

Suppose it depends where you live 

You be hard pushed to get more fresh air than in Norway ???? ....  Hopefully that will help them recover  ....

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Logosone said:

Fresh air will work, taking multivitamins is not only clinically proven to be entirely useless except for pregnant women but can also be counter-productive.

There is no evidence at all that Vitamin C supplements will work.

Fresh air is the best thing.

Identifying and isolating carriers and the sick is the most important. Isolating the healthy non-carriers from the healthy will accomplish nothing.

Yes Pike......:coffee1:

15 minutes ago, nausea said:

Yeah, fresh air therapy used to be a thing before antibiotics:

"Put simply, medics found that severely ill (Spanish) flu patients nursed outdoors recovered better than those treated indoors. A combination of fresh air and sunlight seems to have prevented deaths among patients; and infections among medical staff.[1] There is scientific support for this. Research shows that outdoor air is a natural disinfectant. Fresh air can kill the flu virus and other harmful germs. Equally, sunlight is germicidal and there is now evidence it can kill the flu virus."

(Coronavirus and the Sun: a Lesson from the 1918 Influenza Pandemic - https://medium.com/@ra.hobday/coronavirus-and-the-sun-a-lesson-from-the-1918-influenza-pandemic-509151dc8065)

So now the 20th century medics have discovered the "Sanatoria System" who where in use almost a hundred years before at sea sides or high in Swiss mountains for lung patients as TBC ….. amazing modern medics 55555

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, cmsally said:

I eat turmeric daily and manuka honey. My only problem at the moment is I have increased Manuka honey and might run out!

Honey lemon and turmerici warm water daily, teaspoon cod liver oil and desert spoon coconut oil. I've seen Manuka in the supermarket under Central in Pattaya

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

What do you think about Vitamin C? (Can of worms question.)

Also Zinc. Not hearing any convincing research that people should be taking Zinc.

Plenty of evidence supporting both....take them if you want to live.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1