Boosting our immune systems to resist the virus -- what might help and what doesn't?

Jingthing

53 minutes ago, Canuck1966 said:

There's fresh air and then there's fresh air!

Suppose it depends where you live 

Nothing to do with the air it was increased vit D from exposure to the sun, we only developed white skin when moving into cloudier areas to enable more Vit D to be produced from sunlight.

• Like 1

I use VitC, and Ginseng, everyday, no side effects.

Not been sick last 10 years since i do that, traveling in many hot countries, except allergies, but before i had a few times flu, malaria, dengue 1 time.

Ginseng is strangely not known in Thailand. Comes from China old times, and South Corea produce the best. Hard to find only ginseng here and good quality. Ginsana (Suiss brand i know kind of crazy the travel the ingredient and product must make), some pharmacy or even supermarket sometimes have it.

Vit C natural, from Acerola and other fruits, Vistra brand, easy to find here.

2 hours ago, Canuck1966 said:

Well worth following this doctor on YT, he is very informative and does daily vids

Seen a vid from him about this very topic. You cannot boost your immune system but can maintain it and stop it decreasing.

1 hour ago, nausea said:

Yeah, fresh air therapy used to be a thing before antibiotics:

"Put simply, medics found that severely ill (Spanish) flu patients nursed outdoors recovered better than those treated indoors. A combination of fresh air and sunlight seems to have prevented deaths among patients; and infections among medical staff.[1] There is scientific support for this. Research shows that outdoor air is a natural disinfectant. Fresh air can kill the flu virus and other harmful germs. Equally, sunlight is germicidal and there is now evidence it can kill the flu virus."

(Coronavirus and the Sun: a Lesson from the 1918 Influenza Pandemic - https://medium.com/@ra.hobday/coronavirus-and-the-sun-a-lesson-from-the-1918-influenza-pandemic-509151dc8065)

What if I open my windows?  Yeh, let all the 2.5s in!

Or switch to Linux !   LOL

Edited by stouricks

2 hours ago, Logosone said:

Fresh air will work, taking multivitamins is not only clinically proven to be entirely useless except for pregnant women but can also be counter-productive.

There is no evidence at all that Vitamin C supplements will work.

Fresh air is the best thing.

Identifying and isolating carriers and the sick is the most important. Isolating the healthy non-carriers from the healthy will accomplish nothing.

another 5 min expert

if they test CENTRUM, costco, wallmart, or other crappy supplements with non-bioavailable synthetiic versions, than ok, it is usless

80 percent of all published studies have interests in an outcome, good or bad

if there is a bad outcome, they are not FORCED to publish the study, they can hide it

remember one thing : TOBACCO SCIENCE .... where so many studies & doctors said it was good and safe and healthy

followed by : SUGAR industry, that create private initiatives, where they hide the shareholders (coca cola, kraft, cadburry) and claim SUGAR is safe & healthy and FAT was the enemy and MARGARINE was more healthy... 

remember those ???

• Thanks 1

I take 3 Zinc tablets every day for years. I have seen an improvement in my health through the years. It did not protect me from Dengue Fever which I caught two years ago. However, nothing is a magic cure all. I did get a Yellow Fever inoculation for my travels to Africa. Did not catch it. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Stay careful Mates, listen to qualified advice from notable sources and not bar stool BS. WHO, Mayo Clinic etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cmsally said:

I eat turmeric daily and manuka honey. My only problem at the moment is I have increased Manuka honey and might run out!

What's the difference between Manuka honey and other types of honey? Where can I buy it in Chiang Mai?

Edited by EricTh

14 hours ago, Don Mega said:

I smash down the ciggies to keep me lungs full or tar, no room for the boomer virus to occupy !!

Same with Lao Khao. No virus can tolerate a human with that stuff running through the veins etc.

...was being compromised over stress related to one of my larger investments. 

I consider myself very lucky never to get stressed over investments, because I have none!  I have adequate savings and income to live a modest life and my stress levels must be about zero...  ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CGW said:

Unless you are blessed with a source for food that is both natural and is not being grown in depleted earth, a lot of basics are missing from our diets, Magnesium & Selenium, to start with, Vit C we need lots of now, sure we will excrete what we don't use - so? we do the same with Alcohol, vit C is cheap. Zinc is beneficial, your body needs 90 essential nutrients, some like to dream that they are getting them from the food chain, there not, all vitamins and minerals are not the same, cheap is cheap and wont be absorbed!

The natural amino acid lysine is able to block enzymes and inhibit the spread of a virus inside the body, now is a good time for people to learn about their body and stop trusting in Big Pharma to save them! ????

Composition from the one I take  1 day or every second depending I not forget, bringing from The Netherlands 120 in a container for around 5/7 € Multi A_Z 65+

Vitamins Multi A-Z +65.jpg

pic.jpg

Edited by david555
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Isn't he a nurse actually? Anyway yeah he's become a viral superstar recently. 

regarding your OP, AFAIK, an immune system that is functioning normally can't be boosted much.

providing supplements is useful incase the body does not have the necessary resources to build antibodies

Whatever supplement you take or diet you adopt will take a while to have a positive affect.  Nothing can be taken now that will have much positive affect next week/month.  Start a good diet and take supplements for the long run and stick to it for the long run - that is what works - the body adjusts but takes time.  

I would add to the list Aspirin - take a low dose 50mg every day (with food). There are definite tested and researched benefits, but there are also risks:  https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/heart-disease/in-depth/daily-aspirin-therapy/art-20046797

40 minutes ago, david555 said:

Composition from the one I take  1 day or every second depending I not forget, bringing from The Netherlands 120 in a container for around 5/7 € Multi A_Z 65+

Vitamins Multi A-Z +65.jpg

pic.jpg

and are you pregnant or elderly?