Immigration Is Allowing 30 Day Extensions Of Entries (memorandum dated 18/03)

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You are wrong. It is not only for the countries listed especially since that list no longer exists.

It is all countries now.

Thanks ubonjoe I was expecting this to be the case and I will find out tomorrow when I visit Yaso Immigration.

• Like 1

This thread brings us good news. Thanks Ubonjoe.

Assuming people of any nationality are successful in getting this extension, presumably one would also need to update the TM.30 reporting for this new 30-day extension, and it may become even more important now since they will need to know where we are, especially if we get sick?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, SantiSuk said:

P'raps Chaeng Wattana, Chiang Mai, Jomtien and Phuket could shut down a local KFC and take over the drive-thru'

Phuket already has a drive-thru'. It's now for 90 day reports and address notifications and works very well. I doubt they'd use it for this but who knows.

4 minutes ago, Bradakai said:

Hi, I am on a 30 day visa extension and going for another 30 day extension tomorrow. I got my original 30 day extension at Changwattana. Does anyone know could I go to another immigration office (Nonthaburi) to get the next extension as I know there will be thousands of people at Changwattana tomorrow which I would prefer to avoid for a number of reasons. Any advice would be very much appreciated!

I think Nonthaburi is only for people residing in that district. I wanted to use it a year or two ago and a friend of mine said it was not possible.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Bradakai said:

Hi, I am on a 30 day visa extension and going for another 30 day extension tomorrow. I got my original 30 day extension at Changwattana. Does anyone know could I go to another immigration office (Nonthaburi) to get the next extension as I know there will be thousands of people at Changwattana tomorrow which I would prefer to avoid for a number of reasons. Any advice would be very much appreciated!

If you stay in a hotel/ condo/ friends condo who reports you in Nonthaburi that’s your office. If not, no chance. 
I am doing exactly that (though in Ratchaburi with my gf‘s Family), as I fear CW will be a hell during the next weeks/months. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, SpanishExpat said:

If you stay in a hotel/ condo/ friends condo who reports you in Nonthaburi that’s your office. If not, no chance. 
I am doing exactly that (though in Ratchaburi with my gf‘s Family), as I fear CW will be a hell during the next weeks/months. 

Maybe that works to allow you go to another office. To posit that if you happen to be in a hotel or friend's condo now and you are TM'd by the hotel, meaning that you cannot go to your true home office ... is not true I think.

Postscript.

Maybe you were citing the case of a 'true tourist' who has no real base in Thailand in which case I call off the dogs, but be aware that some people will misread.

Edited by SantiSuk

20 minutes ago, SantiSuk said:

Maybe that works to allow you go to another office. To posit that if you happen to be in a hotel or friend's condo now and you are TM'd by the hotel, meaning that you cannot go to your true home office ... is not true I think.

Postscript.

Maybe you were citing the case of a 'true tourist' who has no real base in Thailand in which case I call off the dogs, but be aware that some people will misread.

Yes my explained case is just for a true tourist on exempt/SETV/METV. For everyone else you would of course have to change your permanent adress first,

Edited by SpanishExpat

Could somebody please provide an opinion on the granting of an extension to an Australian with a Non-O retirement visa & 90 day permission to stay stamp?

It's not really helpful to brush this off by saying that "most people" fall into category 1. I'm not "most people" and I'm pretty sure there is a sizeable number of people who are on 90 day Non-O visas especially due to the new regulations about OA visas which made them so much harder to get.

I really hope somebody answers this with something sensible, since that is what this website is allegedly setup for.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by BoojamTheKind
  • Like 1

You guys in in for a rude awakening as I went through this on Friday:

For People on Tourist Visas:

You can only get this extension if you already had a flight booked out of the country that has been cancelled, or if there are no flights available out of Thailand to your own country.

This is the only way to get the extension, not I don't want to go home, not I'd rather stay in Thailand, not it's too expensive for me to travel, etc.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, thequietman said:

If you're Scottish, Welsh, or Northern Irish - then you are damn out of luck. According to the document only England is included. ????

I suppose that they consider Scotland, Wales and northern Ireland as colonies of England. Aren't they ?

8 minutes ago, BoojamTheKind said:

Could somebody please provide an opinion on the granting of an extension to an Australian with a Non-O retirement visa & 90 day permission to stay stamp?

It's not really helpful to brush this off by saying that "most people" fall into category 1. I'm not "most people" and I'm pretty sure there is a sizeable number of people who are on 90 day Non-O visas especially due to the new regulations about OA visas which made them so much harder to get.

I really hope somebody answers this with something sensible, since that is what this website is allegedly setup for.

Thanks in advance!

If you can get a letter from your embassy, you will qualify under category 2. Otherwise, you will need to plead your case under category 3, probably resulting in the application being taken under consideration with a report back date 7 days later (30 days being given if successful).

2 minutes ago, BritTim said:

If you can get a letter from your embassy, you will qualify under category 2. Otherwise, you will need to plead your case under category 3, probably resulting in the application being taken under consideration with a report back date 7 days later (30 days being given if successful).

The US embassy doesn't give letters.

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, xvend said:

You can only get this extension if you already had a flight booked out of the country that has been cancelled, or if there are no flights available out of Thailand to your own country.

This is the only way to get the extension, not I don't want to go home, not I'd rather stay in Thailand, not it's too expensive for me to travel, etc.

What is your nationality and you were here on what visa?

17 minutes ago, xvend said:

So this is bad news then and doesn't match with the info posted by the OP 

People here on tourist visas who have already had a 30 day extension can't get any more 30 day extensions

????Which immigration office did you go to?

Edited by bbi1
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, xvend said:

Just because you didn't get one does not mean the rest of the people here will not either. Everyone's situation is different. Thanks anyway for the update on your particular experience. ????