BANGKOK
ubonjoe

Immigration Is Allowing 30 Day Extensions Of Entries (memorandum dated 18/03)

3 hours ago, Smooth said:

...first at CW, then MTT...

I was able to guess that with CW you mean the Bangkok immigration office on Chaeng Watthana Road, but what do you mean with MTT?

2 minutes ago, Maestro said:

I was able to guess that with CW you mean the Bangkok immigration office on Chaeng Watthana Road, but what do you mean with MTT?

It is a mystery.

13 minutes ago, Maestro said:

10 minutes ago, fishtank said:

It is a mystery.

Muang Thong Thani

• Thanks 1

On 3/28/2020 at 3:53 PM, bestie said:

That should be hopefully enough time. If you don't receive the letter by the end of next week I would send the documents again and try to call them. Their hotline is available on the weekends too. Don't worry. Seems like their doing everything to help us. 

It would be nice to hear from you again when you receive the letter from the embassy

Habe einen schönen Tag. 

I have received the letter. Went pretty quickly. In the meantime I heard about the "new" government regulation regarding renewal. I put off my visit to Immi and wanted to wait for the result of the decision. The result is sobering, actually I expected something constructive. Well, that's our beloved paradise ........ !!!!!
I will wait a few more days until the beginning of next week to go to Immi. Lets see what happens .
Greetings from a frustrated man.
Otherwise everything is fine.  😄😉

hey all. quick question: i have done my second extension of visa exempt stamp and will be going in for the third with (hopefully) new embassy letter a few days before Apr 21. 

would i be eligible to switch to a new visa after presumably getting another near 30 days extension? if so, which ones? 

30 minutes ago, bangkokboy888 said:

would i be eligible to switch to a new visa after presumably getting another near 30 days extension? if so, which ones? 

The only visas that can be applied for are non immigrant visas based upon qualifying for some one year extensions of stay.

And a Thai Elite membership and visa.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, bangkokboy888 said:

hey all. quick question: i have done my second extension of visa exempt stamp and will be going in for the third with (hopefully) new embassy letter a few days before Apr 21. 

You cannot apply for a tourist Visa in-country, but you can apply for a 90-day Non Imm O Visa at your local IO, and in the last month of those 90-days then apply for the 1-year permission to stay based on that Non Imm O Visa.  You would need to apply at your local IO  when you have at least 15 days left (some IOs require 21 days) of your permission to stay.

If you are +50 years of age you can apply for the 'retirement' option of that Visa, and if you are married to a thai national you are eligible for the 'marriage' option.

If neither +50 years of age or married to a thai national, your only option left is the relatively costly Thai Elite Visa.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

If neither +50 years of age or married to a thai national, your only option left is the relatively costly Thai Elite Visa.

There are other types of extensions that a non immigrant visa can be applied for. Thereis 17 listed on the immigration website.

For example they can applied for if working for a company, teaching, attending school, being a family member of a person on certain extensions and etc.

• Thanks 1

On 4/2/2020 at 1:56 PM, ubonjoe said:

The only visas that can be applied for are non immigrant visas based upon qualifying for some one year extensions of stay.

And a Thai Elite membership and visa.

thanks @ubonjoe much appreciated. and your original post saved my butt in thailand!

On 4/2/2020 at 1:59 PM, Peter Denis said:

You cannot apply for a tourist Visa in-country, but you can apply for a 90-day Non Imm O Visa at your local IO, and in the last month of those 90-days then apply for the 1-year permission to stay based on that Non Imm O Visa.  You would need to apply at your local IO  when you have at least 15 days left (some IOs require 21 days) of your permission to stay.

If you are +50 years of age you can apply for the 'retirement' option of that Visa, and if you are married to a thai national you are eligible for the 'marriage' option.

thanks for the detail on these options, will do some more research!

You know all these extra documents that are being requested( such as utility bills and photographs of you at the room, owners ID etc) are they ONLY for those visa exempt(30/60day) extensions?

Do they also apply to 1 year retirement 'visas' (extension of stay)?

Thanks

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, thecolonel said:
You know all these extra documents that are being requested( such as utility bills and photographs of you at the room, owners ID etc) are they ONLY for those visa exempt(30/60day) extensions?

Do they also apply to 1 year retirement 'visas' (extension of stay)?

Thanks

See the topic heading. Discussion relates to special 30 day Covid Extensions obtained using an Embassy letter.

One year retirement extensions not included.

Edited by jacko45k

On 3/25/2020 at 3:06 PM, Maestro said:

If I understand your post correctly, you intended from the outset to stay in Thailand longer than 60 days. In my opinion, you therefore acted irresponsibly by travelling to Thailand without a visa, thereby adding to the workload of the immigration office and to the long queue of applicants for extension.

At any rate, you were supposed to have a confirmed flight out of Thailand for your check-in for your flight. Unless that onward flight is cancelled or delayed to a date beyond the expiration date of your current permission to stay, you have no emergency and therefore the immigration office may justifiably deny you the 30-day extension under clause 2.28 of the Police Order regarding extensions even if your embassy gives you the emergency certification, unless there is another valid reason why you are unable to take that flight.

I intended to stay for 3 weeks, I had an onward flight which was canceled.

Immigration has announced the changes< New topic here.

This topic :mfr_closed1: