Streaming movie sites that work in Thailand

DanFromHawaii

I can watch Netflix in Thailand, but most other movie streaming services (Prime Video, Hulu, Crackle, Vudu, etc.) that I used to use in the USA are "not available in this geographical location." They have gotten wise to the use of VPNs so that doesn't work either. 

Please share ANY AND ALL movie streaming services that work in Thailand. Country of origin or cost or anything else doesn't matter to me. I just want some movie streaming services that work in Thailand besides Netflix. Thank you for sharing. 

P.S. if something technical is involved, please share how it is done. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DanFromHawaii said:

Amazon Prime Video does NOT work in Thailand now. I also tried it using a VPN with a Los Angeles address, but Prime detected and rejected that too.

Amazon Prime, the U.S. version, does work perfectly fine in Thailand, but you have to use the right VPN, and even then, it likely will be only selected ones of the provider's various server locations that will work with Amazon Prime. Amazon has been very aggressive about blocking VPN access, and while they've shut the door a lot, they haven't been able to shut it entirely.

It also depends on what device you're using to access it. I've had the most trouble with PCs connected to Thai ISPs even with a U.S. VPN, better success with using devices connected via wifi using a U.S. VPN connect, and probably the best success with streaming devices that don't have any built-in geolocation functionality like Fire TV and Android TV devices when using an on-device VPN app with a U.S. connection.

But in the end, it comes down to using the right VPN service for the job, and knowing or finding out which of its various server connections are going to be compatible (i.e., have not had those particular IP address ranges blocked by Amazon).

PS - there's also the international version of Amazon Prime that you can use here without using any VPN at all. But it has a different and more limited catalog compared to the full U.S. Amazon Prime video catalog.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Thank you. I realize you can't "broadcast" exactly which VPN service and which US location within that service works because you would then be telling Prime publicly what to block. But I also don't want to spend a 1 month fee for 10-12 different VPNs to try out, which will be blocked eventually anyway. 

My real question is WHICH movie streaming services in the whole world can I actually use? 

Actually, I have another question. With a whole world ready to buy their services and product, why do the US streaming services not want to sell their product to other countries like most other US companies do? Seems like there's a lot of profit to be made AND would make us expats happy. 

• Like 1

Prime Video and all other video streaming will work if you use a VPN and set it to the USA.  I watch CBS All Access daily, as well as my Prime Movies when needed.  A VPN is needed to fix what ails you.  I watched the NFL season this way as well by having the NF package...good luck.  Just finished watching thursdays episode of Picard....

On 3/22/2020 at 9:07 AM, DanFromHawaii said:

Actually, I have another question. With a whole world ready to buy their services and product, why do the US streaming services not want to sell their product to other countries like most other US companies do? Seems like there's a lot of profit to be made AND would make us expats happy. 

It's not the streaming services that set the limits, it's the owner of the original copyrighted content. A streaming service might have only have US or NA distribution rights . Other companies for different worldwide geographically regions. If company A knowingly streams content into company B's area that would be a copyright infringement violation and heavy fines would be levied. 

Why not go onto Pirate Bay or ExtraTorrent and download almost anything, films, TV series, music, games...and there you go.

Got the re-mastered Man in the Iron Mask in 1080 ready for tonight.

Edited by stouricks
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
9 minutes ago, masteroogway said:

you can watch online on gustatv. why you waste of time to download movies it take 1 - 2 hour to finished download and take 1 - 2 hour to watch. you can watch it online on streaming site

Using my 3BB 1GB/s FTTH connection, via Singapore on Express VPN, I downloaded 10 x 1080 movies from 2020 in 30 minutes onto my OneDrive and SSD. But then you mention 1-2 hours to watch...most of them were deleted after 10 minutes watching.

I just looked at gustatv, same old sh..ty old movies.

Edited by stouricks

• 2 weeks later...